• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 4,307 Views, 252 Comments

My Little Dashie: In Between The Gaps - voidless



I created this series as a way to see between the time skips. I hope you enjoy. I did not write MLD.

  • ...
10
 252
 4,307

Nightmare

:yay: I haven't given up hope...yet... sorry that this chapter is most likely bad, but I haven't been feeling well lately and my parents won't shut up. But some people have hope in me...for now...Thanks to SuperPinkBrony12 for the idea of the nightmare...I thank Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Silent Hill, and The Exorcist for the face...
____________________________________________________________

Today was my first real day in my own room. Daddy told me I was happy as ever about it. It was late though now...10:00 p.m. actually. It was time for sleep. I would never tell anyone this, but I was actually a little nervous about sleeping on my own. I've never slept in a room without Daddy. I looked at the bed in front of me. I was tired. Daddy had tucked me in 30 minutes ago, but I was a little to energetic to go to bed. But now i was already tired...I crawled my way under the covers over the bed and got comfortable. Tomorrow would be a good day and tonight will be a good night.

I was in that same position trying to go to sleep for the next 30 minutes. I guess I was a little more restless than I thought. I looked at the wall right next to the bed. I don't know what made me remember it...but in my head I saw the face I had seen...a year ago was it? The green skin...the stretched jaw...the distorted head...the scratched and blood. I cringed just thinking about it. Why am I thinking about this? I hated that face. It caused me a day and night of misery. I just closed my eyes again and thought of whatever came to mind...other than that darn face of course...

I fell asleep around 30 minutes later. In my dreams I was happy. For now...I was flying through the sky on my wings. That was something I dreamed about a lot of times. Halfway through...the dream changed. I was underwater...I started out just below the surface of it. The was happy to be in the ocean. It did look really cool. I looked at the shoreline and saw Daddy watching me. I smiled to myself. I was enjoying this.

That all changed when something happened. The area changed. I looked all around and I saw nothing but ocean. The sky had also changed. It was night. No stars. Just the moon and its light. I looked below me. The water was a dark blue color. Beneath me was a large crack in the ocean floor. It was miles long and wide. To me it was almost...endlessly deep. I was sinking. I just realized it. I was now a good 10 feet underwater. I couldn't hold my breath that long. I just kept going deeper and deeper into the ocean. My lungs were burning...my eyes were teary. I wanted to shout one I went passed the large rip in the ocean floor. I looked up. The crack was a large hundred feet away. There was blackness all around me. I heard a noise to my side. That face was next to me...It seemed to glow with whatever color it was. The bandages around its head were gray. The green skin glowed brightly. The bloody hung jaw glowed red.

I felt my breath run out. I screamed. Or tried to. I woke up right then in my bed. It was pitch black in my room. My lights were off and the moonlight wasn't shining through my window. I couldn't fall asleep again now. I was facing the wall. I was scared to turn around. It was stupid but...I didn't want to see whatever it was that was in my dream. I wanted my light to be on...but that meant getting up. Could I even reach the switch? Only one way to find out. I walked down onto the floor. The underside of my bed was really similar to the abyss. I walked over to the wall and looked at the switch. It was easily out of my reach. I didn't want to make it back to the bed. Maybe Daddy was awake. I walked into the hallway. It was really dark in here. The moonlight didn't make it any better. It just shone off of the dust in the air in rays that lead to the floor. I walked in front of the room Daddy said he would be sleeping in. He left the door open slightly. I nudged it open and looked at Daddy's bed. He was asleep.

Would he mind if I fell asleep with him tonight? I doubt it. It would just be for tonight anyway. I jumped my way onto the bed. Being careful not to wake him up. I set myself down next to his arm and took a deep breath. Falling asleep was easier with Daddy nearby. It felt like nothing could get me for once. I closed my eyes and fell asleep within the hour.

_______________________________________________________

Probably a bad chapter...oh well. I'm sick, my parents are fighting, and I'm insulted at school. Honestly, this is one fo the few things I have to live for...kind of saddening...Thanks for reading so far.