• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 4,307 Views, 252 Comments

My Little Dashie: In Between The Gaps - voidless



I created this series as a way to see between the time skips. I hope you enjoy. I did not write MLD.

  • ...
10
 252
 4,307

The Usual Day

Hello! This is the next chapter of My Little Dashie: Slices! Even with several comments of reassurance, I’m going to say it now; this chapter is probably going to be bad. It’s 3:00 A.M. and I’m a little dizzy from the fireworks. Yeah. So just brace through this and tell me if you like it! After being put down several times on my new story I decided to revoke the submission because it was just to overdone. That means more Dashie! Sorry if this one is terrible. My parents are screaming at each other in the other room and I’m just writing this to get away from the noise. Thanks to Qwerty Hooves for the dog idea.
___________________________________________________________________

Human POV

The week played on. Dashie was forgiven and she was happy about that. After she had received a good bath she was back to her natural vibrant self. She had clearly never wanted to bake alone again. I could see why to be honest. The fanfics got it right! She could not bake at all. With help she wasn’t too bad though. It was time to leave. Dashie had woken up earlier and happily ate her breakfast. Today was the day the neighbor was moving. So she could happily go back into the yard. I wasn’t surprised to see the small truck. There was nothing left in a dying area like this. The only reason I really stayed was because of my Dashie. I opened the door and left Dashie to herself.
___________________________________________________________________

Dashie’s POV (The part of the story I'm “okay” at)
___________________________________________________________________

I nudged open the door leading to the back yard with my hoof. I jump out into the sunlight I had missed so much. I didn’t get too much of a chance to go to the park. It happened only about every other Sunday to be exact. Now I could play every day. I hear the crunch of leaves to my side and see the fence moving slightly. Something had made it through. On closer inspection I could see it was a dog. It was about my size. It had a gold colored coat on it as well. I wasn’t too good with the names of breeds yet considering I was still learning a lot at a time with daddy.
I wonder if it’s friendly. I did something Daddy probably wouldn’t like and walked over to it. I didn’t bother talking to it since it probably couldn’t understand me. The first thing I noticed was how well it was groomed. So it couldn’t be a stray. I sit down in front of it. The first thing it does is lick my face. I giggled at the funny feeling.
“What’s your name” I ask it. I am not greeted with a response. “Oh…right” Sometimes I would love it if I could have someone to talk to. Daddy was great for that but there was never much chance for a simple casual conversation. I noticed something in its mouth. It was a tennis ball. It dropped it on the ground.
“Is this what you do for fun?” I say uselessly to it again.
I kicked the ball a small distance and watched it go get it. I didn’t know they could be trained. I was even more surprised when it brought the ball back to me. I giggled again and kicked the ball even further this time. It brought it back to me again. I wondered if it would play anything else. It turns out that it would. The dog and I played for hours. It was only when a name was called that it left back from the hole that it entered through. I heard the moving truck start up and leave. I felt lonely again. It was fun while it lasted. There was nothing else to do now. I walked over to the daises and shook one with my hoof. It had gotten colder outside and not many bugs were out anymore. I took it in my mouth and savored the flavor of it.
I was tired now. I went inside and looked at the clock. It was 3:30 now. I was playing for a long time. I was really tired now. I had 30 minutes until Daddy came home. I went into the kitchen and looked at the small container that held the cake Daddy made me last week. There was only one slice left. I would save it for him. I wasn’t that hungry anyway. I walked over to my chair and sat down on my pillow. I didn’t want to fall asleep yet. I don’t like wasting the time I could spend with Daddy by sleeping. I turned on the TV hoping there was something good to watch. There was nothing. I sat my head down and without wanting to fell asleep. My dreams were nice though. I dreamed about the first day Daddy brought me home.
Yes, I know this was a short chapter. I’m sorry about that. There’s a reason though. The next chapter will be the first day that Dashie was brought home. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for reading this far.