• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 4,307 Views, 252 Comments

My Little Dashie: In Between The Gaps - voidless



I created this series as a way to see between the time skips. I hope you enjoy. I did not write MLD.

  • ...
10
 252
 4,307

My Little Dashie - Bruise

Another chapter in a day… This is what happens when I stay up for 36 hours. I get creative :D. So enjoy this next chapter.

Today was Sunday. My first thought as I get out off of the couch. Or at least try to. I look down at my stomach and see Dashie asleep. Lying her head on my stomach with her body on my arm. I’m glad I didn’t get up now. I didn’t want to disrupt the peacefulness on her face. Unfortunately for me she stirs. Moving her eyelids up and showing her violet eyes. I stroked her mane as she awoke with a giggle to the pleasant feeling.

“Good morning daddy” She says to me as she stands up. We’ve been working on speech all week. At the moment though she could only say small words except for good morning and goodnight. Daddy seemed to be her favorite one for him. Commonly forgetting it when I tell her, even in just a moment or when she looks away she would call me daddy. I had adjusted to the idea of her thinking of me as a parent. And it was nice.

She quickly gets off the couch and says one of the few words she knows how to say “Race!?”

It took me a little at first to get it but I then realized she wanted to race me to the kitchen. “Go” she says when I get up.

She runs her ways to the kitchen and slides on the floor hitting the cabinet. She shakes her head and brushes it off. I had enjoyed watching look everywhere and run everywhere now. She was acting more like the filly I had seen in the shows. I decided that today she would get something she considers a special treat. I take out the hotcake mix and notice her smile to me. This easily had to be one of her favorite foods. I had only given them to her once before, but she enjoyed them immensely. She needed a bath afterwards though due to her getting syrup all over her mane. She was happy about the bath as well because it meant bubbles for her to play in.

I finished her food right when she settles down into her seat at the table. I place the plate in front of her. I add a generous amount of powdered sugar and syrup to them, letting her dig into her plate. She was a messy eater just like she was in the show. I found it one of the many adorable things about her. As I thought she was going to need a bath afterwards. I notice some of the sticky residue of the hotcakes left in her mane. I pick her up and bring her to the tub. She had recently wanted to go into there because it had more room for the bubbles she had loved so much. Of course I only filled it up to just under her neck to keep her okay.

I started the tap, letting the water flow into the large basin. I watched her jump over the edge of the tub and into it; putting her head into the now warm water flow. Her mane became wet and fell down her neck. I close the drain allowing the water to rise slowly. I add the soap into the front of the tub, allowing bubbles to spread all around the tub. She quickly used her hooves to collect them and place them on her face. I rub some of the shampoo into her mane. She had learned from her first bath to close her eyes for this part or they’ll burn.

I take her out of the tub and dry her with the towel. Dashie had other plans and jumped out of the towel. Her wet hooves sliding off of the smooth bathroom countertop and hit the floor. Giving off a loud ow!
I quickly knelt down with a pang of guilt. I didn’t keep a hold on her. I lift her up and place her back on the towel. She stood up by herself only to lift up her front left hoof with another off. I quickly felt it over with my hand and found the spot where she got hurt. I feel relief when I realize nothing is broken and it is only a bruise.

“You bruised your hoof” I tell her calmly.

“Ow” Is the only word she utters.

I tell her to stay off of it. Not sure if she understands it completely though. I pick her up and take her over to her chair. Making sure to set her down carefully I place her carefully on her blanket. Her wet mane soaking the pillow I had placed under her head. I kept the injured hoof on top of the blanket. It wasn’t that bad, but some ice would definitely help it heal. I fill up a small plastic bag with ice and wrap it in a cloth.

I walk over to her and ask her to place her hoof out of the blanket. She did as I said quickly. I slowly place the cloth wrapped ice over it and notice her move back fast.

“It’s okay” I try and comfort her “It’ll make you feel better.”

“O…okay.” She says. I am still amazed by how fast she is learning speech.

I place the ice on her hoof again and wait for her to get used to it. I take the ice off an hour later and throw the bag away. That would be good enough for now. I pick her up again and place her on my lap at the couch. I place the remote in front of Dashie and let here choose something to watch. As I had expected she placed the channel on the racing network. It had been one of the things about her that I instantly knew it would be something she liked from the moment she saw it.

I notice one more hour pass in what I think is the blink of an eye. I brush her mane and hear her snore. I realized she had fallen asleep a while ago, but I let her sleep. I rubbed her mane a little more and scratched her head. I rubbed up and down her back. She smiled in her sleep, something I had realized the first night I got her.

More hours passed right by. I was wasting the day that we both looked forward to. The sky had turned into an orange and yellow color. This was the time of day Dashie had loved best. I didn’t want her to miss it so I shook her a small bit. Dashie opened an eye slowly and stood up. She got off of me and stretched her legs on the couch. She looked outside and smiled at the sky color.

I opened the door and let her run outside. I watched Dashie eat a daisy she thoroughly inspected and laughed to myself. I was glad for these moments, and yet I was also sad. I thought of what would happen when she would be taken from me. I didn’t want to think about it. I grabbed her up and took her inside. We both needed our sleep. I placed her on the couch where she usually slept. She resisted it and jumped onto the couch. I sat down next to her stroking her mane. She fell asleep in a couple of minutes.