• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 4,307 Views, 252 Comments

My Little Dashie: In Between The Gaps - voidless



I created this series as a way to see between the time skips. I hope you enjoy. I did not write MLD.

  • ...
10
 252
 4,307

A Solo Made Cake

Hello all my readers! I’m glad you’re still with me. Please forgive me for not updating the last couple of hours. I’ve been out with my friends and I’m busy writing a new story (One I wanted to do before this one but couldn’t write) for FimFiction. Enjoy this chapter!
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Dashie’s POV
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I woke up after Daddy left. My head hurt. The only thing I really remember was my falling off a tree and Daddy telling me what I did was wrong. Then I cried for a couple of hours and fell asleep. I felt terrible. Not like I was sick. It was different than this; it was like my soul was ripped. I felt ashamed. I wish I had a way to make it up to him.

I looked into the kitchen and opened the pantry door. I looked inside and saw it. The large box of cake mix would be what I needed for my apology. I grabbed the box and placed it on the counter top. Once I had that done I got out the jug of milk from the fridge. I wonder how I could get it up. I looked around for something to use when I saw it. The plank of wood I used for a ramp! I placed it from the countertop to the floor. I grabbed the milk in my teeth and walked up carefully.

I wish I had a better idea of how thin the plank was. I slipped off halfway up. Thankfully the jug was closed and didn’t spill. I grabbed it again and went back up, but a lot more careful now. Once I made it I grabbed out the measuring cup. I unscrewed the top of the milk jug and poured it in to the cup. Once it was filled I brought it back up. The change in weight in the jug made me fall over onto the floor. I wasn’t hurt but this time I didn’t have the cap on the jug. There was now a puddle of milk around me. I got up and shook of the droplets from my body. I grabbed the jug up and put the cap on.
I would clean up the mess after I had put the batter in the oven, when there would be even more of a mess. I would do it all together. I poured the cup of milk into the bowl. I was careful this time. I didn’t want to screw up this part. Next was the cake powder. I grabbed the box in my mouth and poured a cup into the bowl. At least I think it was a cup. I don’t know if I was supposed to use the same measuring cup for the recipe.
I remembered needing two eggs for this. I went into the fridge and grabbed one of them. The first one slipped out of my mouth and fell onto the floor. No problem. I would pick it up when I cleaned the kitchen. I grabbed another one and brought it to the bowl. I dropped another when I dried to jump on the counter instead of taking the ramp. I broke in my mouth. Some of the egg white got into my mane. I hoped Daddy would bathe me when he got home.
The box said that all I needed next was a dash of salt and a teaspoon of olive oil. I grabbed the salt shaker that was next to me. How much was a dash? Was it a teaspoon? I poured out an extremely tiny amount into the bowl. I wanted the cake to be good, not salty. I added a little less than a cup of sugar to even it out.
Olive oil…I remember now! It was in the cabinet above the microwave. Way out of my reach. I jumped and opened the cabinet door. Now how would I get it out? I jumped up and saw the bottle. It was behind a lot of other bottles of spices. I got an idea a second later. I took another bowl and turned it upside down on the counter top. It still wasn’t high enough though. I placed the glass cup daddy bought for me upside down on top of it.
I stood on the cup with my back right hoof. I grabbed the bottle right when I lost my balance. I landed back on the countertop with the bottle in my mouth. I heard a crash though and looked down to the floor. I saw the shards of the cup on the ground now.
“Oh no oh no oh no oh no” I said to myself. That was the cup Daddy bought me when I got food poisoning from a plastic one, and I broke it!
I would clean it up. I added the spoon full of olive oil and went got out a whisk. I grabbed it with my two hooves and started stirring. A large amount of cake mix got all over the counter. I placed the cake mix into the cake pan that was recently cleaned. Just before I placed it in, I turned the oven on 300 degrees. I think that was the correct temperature. Daddy would be home in a couple of hours. That was just enough time for it to bake completely.
I got a towel and started cleaning up the spilled batter. I moved to the egg that fell on the floor. It mainly just smeared onto the floor. Oh no! No matter how hard I scrubbed I just couldn’t get the sticky residue off the floor. It’s fine. I’ll just come back to it. I grabbed the glass shards one at a time and placed them in a paper bag. I still felt awful for breaking it. Once I got all the visible shards I stepped off of the towel. I felt a sharp pain in my hoof on the first step. I looked at it and saw a tiny shard of my glass in it. I grabbed it out with my teeth.
There were tinier pieces of the glass on the floor?! Now what? I couldn’t pick them up with my mouth like I did the other pieces. I grabbed the broom handle in my teeth and unscrewed the bottom with my hooves. I then used the unscrewed broom head to sweep the shards under the cabinets. Out of sight, out of mind…right?
I went to the couch and turned on the TV. A couple of hours later I looked at the cake in the oven. Daddy would be home in a couple of minutes and it didn’t even bake! I looked around. The floor was still a mess. The cake wasn’t done at all. I forgot all about the dishes also. I ruined everything. I felt a tear escape my eye. I couldn’t do anything right. I wish I hadn’t even done this. Maybe if I…no that wouldn’t work. What’s wrong with me? I started sobbing and heard the door open.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Human POV
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I opened the door and heard sobbing. Why was my Dashie crying? Was she still upset at me talking to her yesterday? I walked into the kitchen and almost tripped from the slick substance one the floor. The oven was on. There was a piece of glass on the floor. There was some milk that had clearly been tried to have been wiped up. In the middle of all of this was my little Dashie crying.

I went over to her and asked her what was wrong. I picked her up and opened the oven. It was set to 300 degrees. Inside was cake mix. It hadn’t cooked at all. The heat was too low for that. I brought her over to the couch and sat down with her hugging my chest.

I heard her say sorry in between her sobs. I set her down on her pillow and pick up the mess. I take out the batter and clean it off. I still had enough items to make her a cake. I went to work at baking the cake once everything was cleaned. I wasn’t good at baking, but at least it would make her happy.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I know this chapter was probably bad, but I enjoyed writing it! Leave your opinion with a thumbs up or down or a comment!