• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 4,307 Views, 252 Comments

My Little Dashie: In Between The Gaps - voidless



I created this series as a way to see between the time skips. I hope you enjoy. I did not write MLD.

  • ...
10
 252
 4,307

First Day of Practice

Guess whose back! That’s right! Its writers block! Oh well. I’ve been struggling between continuing right from the spider bite or going on to next week where Dashie tries flying. So do to my inability to choose terrible idea from probably also bad idea I’m just going to try one…flying will be first. Also, due to someone Personal Messaging me that I’m an idiot for writing a stupid series, accusing me of being homosexual, and several other acts I disapprove of, I’m rather sure my ego is bruised even more…Enjoy!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up with Dashie sitting down on my stomach. She had been waiting for this day ever since she was bitten by the spider last week. The first thing I hear is her talking. Yay! You’re up! Can we go? That was the very first thing I hear. I’m glad it’s Dashie at least. I pick her up and stand. I tell her that she needs to eat first. If we are going to teach her to fly then she will need her strength. I had bought a book about bird flight yesterday. I wonder where we would practice. The park had trees, but I know that I won’t be able to catch her every time she fell to the ground. I would think of a solution to the problem when it came to it. I walked into the kitchen and fixed her a nice breakfast. She had tried cooking it herself before and it had ended similar to Sweetie Belle’s breakfast. It just wasn’t as comical.

It was a simple breakfast. It was hotcakes with her favorite brand of syrup. I knew that she would be careful to stay clean while eating. She didn’t want to waste time by needing a bath. She had recently become more and more interested in looking through all of my older items. She had found and old mp3 player that I bought as a gift for myself. It was a shame that I had never really liked any music. I quickly became bored with the object. It had its own speaker built into it. Dashie became interested with it shortly after turning it on. As the fanfics had stated, she loved rock and roll. After a quick tutorial on how it worked I let her have it and use it freely. She mainly used it with an old pair of headphones that were plugged into it. The thing I liked about her finding the player was that she wouldn’t become bored with it. She became bored with the device after weeks of playing the game over and over. There weren’t any places I could get her a new game here.

I stopped thinking when she placed her plate onto the counter. She stared at me directly and asked several times over if we could go now. I had nothing else to do and she had just eaten. I guess we were ready to go now. I put on my jacket and helped her get inside of it. Once she was secured inside I headed outside my door and onto the sidewalk. It wasn’t getting warmer. That was the first thing I noticed when I hit the still chilly air. Eventually it would get too hot for her to stay under my jacket for long. She would also eventually grow too big to fit under. I push these thoughts out of my mind as we arrive at our destination. I unzipped the jacket and watched Dashie jump out. She shook herself a little bit to make sure she was awake. I still wasn’t sure where she could be to get a little height on her practice. The trees served as an obvious answer. But I also needed to make sure she would be safe if I didn’t catch her. I looked at the sandbox and the tree just next to it.

I had found my answer. The branches of it swiveled over the box. If she fell she would have something at least remotely soft to land on. It was a better option than the dry dirt. I walked her over to the tree and told her where to walk on. I started her off on a relatively short branch. It was only a couple of inches over my head. So it was somewhere around six and a half foot tall. She had walked over to the end of the branch. She was directly over the sandbox now. Even if I somehow missed her she would be fine. She jumped off of the side. It was a little comical in my opinion considering the fact that she hadn’t even fluttered her wings. I caught her as she fell. She told me that she had forgotten to move them. I set her back onto the branch and watched her jump again. She had moved her wings this time. It didn’t help though. She didn’t fall any slower or go any farther this time. I missed her this time and saw her hit the sand laughing.

I knew that for her it was fun to try. Hopefully she wouldn’t get hurt doing this. I figure that over the course of time that it takes her to actually fly through the air she will obtain some scrapes and bruises. I just hope that it is nothing more than that. Is she similar to a real horse? If she breaks her leg will it be permanent? She broke her wing in the Read it and Weep episode. It healed up just fine afterwards. I hope I wouldn’t have to find out first hand. I wait here for a couple of hours. I see her jump and jump several times. I catch her most of the time, and when I don’t she lands into the sand. I watch her get up and brush it off without thinking twice. This would clearly be a long process for the both of us. I grabbed the jacket I had placed on a branch and took her home. She had acquired a couple of bruises but nothing serious. She had enjoyed herself and I was happy for that. I was also happy for the fact that in a while would be Dashie’s birthday. I of course didn’t know her real birthday, so I had decided to make it the day that I had found her in the box at the side of the dying street. I walked inside and let Dashie out of my coat. I was a little surprised to see my normally energetic Dashie walk over to her chair and fall asleep. Her first day of practice had taken a lot out of her. It made me realize that I was also extremely tired.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

THANK CELESTIA FOR AUTOSAVE! I had this story written out and ready for update yesterday (sorry there wasn’t one by the way). Microsoft decided to troll me by destroying itself and every other file on my computer. I rebooted and used system restore though. I just hope this story didn’t get hurt from it though.