• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 4,307 Views, 252 Comments

My Little Dashie: In Between The Gaps - voidless



I created this series as a way to see between the time skips. I hope you enjoy. I did not write MLD.

  • ...
10
 252
 4,307

The First Birthday

Good Celestia I love music. Favorite song – “Spin That Record Vinyl Scratch”. Oh well none of you want to hear my life. By the way, someone has asked me to write my Little Dashie in Dashie’s POV. I myself do not think I will do that. Mainly since it would be a rip off of the original (And much better than mine) My Little Dashie. However if I am asked to do it by you people, I will at least try it. So on with the intro! Hello all my kind readers. I’m still dealing with my temporary annoyance. He won’t stop sending me PM's! I've gotten a dozen notifications in the past half hour because he won’t stop insulting me! Oh well. Enjoy this chapter here!

Today it was Dashie's birthday. That was the first thing I thought of when I woke up. She was asleep in her chair. Yesterday had taken a lot out of her. I had to work today. I didn't want to though. Then again, I guess I can look around the store for her presents. I wondered what her actual birthday was. I wish I knew that so it would feel more official for her. I guess today would have to be the lucky date. I walked over to the chair that held my sleeping Dashie. I reached out a hand and shook her slightly. She resisted waking up at first. She rolled over and said something incomprehensible. I scratched at her mane and saw her smile. I picked her up and sat her down onto her chair at the table. She had barely woken up at this. I see her set her head down onto the table as I grab out the pan I use to make her favorite breakfast food. I went to the fridge and cut up a couple of carrots. I had her plate right next to the stove. I placed the carrots on them. I proceeded to make the hotcake batter and stack 3 of them onto a plate for Dashie.

I looked at the clock. It was 7:50. I had to leave in 10 minutes. I already knew what I was going to get Dashie. I had seen it at the store a while ago. Pair that with the other $100 I had gotten for her birthday and I think I could make this a very happy day for her. I placed the plate in front of her. The first thing I said to her all morning was Happy Birthday. I told her to enjoy her breakfast. I would help bake a cake with her later. I’m just glad I was the one who woke up first. She had recently started wanting to cook. Yesterday she made breakfast for me. In total it was like when Sweetie Belle cooked for Rarity. I was just glad there was no fire. I of course did something similar to what Rarity did. I was happy she was acting more and more like a child. No, not acting. She IS a real child, and I’m happy she’s enjoying being one. I notice that I’ve only got 5 minutes left. I grab her now empty plate for her and wash it off. 3 minutes are left now. I pick her up and walk over to the couch. I set her down next to me. I turned on the TV. As always, it was the racing channel. The race itself was almost over. Dashies favorite car was in the number one spot. It was a light blue with a rainbow stripe on the spoiler. It won the entire race. Dashie seemed happy at this with a smile on her face. I had to leave for work now. I opened the door and let myself out after wishing Dashie another happy birthday.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dashie’s POV
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Daddy had just left. These were the times of day I had grown bored of. It was the time of when there was nothing on TV and nothing to do. I walked over to the remote and turned on the TV. I turned on the television and began my daily routine of scanning through every channel until I had gotten bored of that. The racing channel was never showing actual races or it had a bad connection during the daytime. I wonder if I could ever race. Could that be a birthday wish for me? I myself don’t completely understand what a birthday is though. I remember seeing it on a TV show though. It showed a person getting dozens of presents and having a really big cake.
I hoped I would get to help bake the cake. Even though I know I’m so good at cooking. I know that I had burned breakfast pretty badly for Daddy, but I was happy when I saw him eat every bite just to make me happy. It was also kind of funny as well. I ate some afterwards and saw why he had a look of discomfort during his meal. It was like eating rock. Coal actually. I felt a little bad about making him eat everything on his plate after that moment. I snapped out of my memories when I realized I had just passed through all of the channels. As always, nothing was on.
What can I do? I could try making a cake again! I shot the idea down quickly. I did not want to risk doing what I had done before. I don’t want to make daddy have to do all that work again. I was tired again. I walked over to my chair and sat down. It was cold inside now as well. I covered myself in my blanket lied down. I closed my eyes and waited to fall asleep. It took only about a minute.

I woke up to daddy opening the door. I jumped off of the chair and ran over to him. He was holding three things in his arm. I noticed two of them were wrapped up in a red gift packaging and the other was just a brown paper bag filled with objects I could not see. I asked him what they were. His response was that they were my birthday gifts. I smiled. I knew that I wouldn’t get dozens of them like the girl on TV but I would have been happy to just get one. I asked if I could open them next. My answer this time was not until I had my cake ready. Daddy placed the three items on the couch. He asked me if I wanted to help with the cake. I wondered if he already knew my answer. It was a yes.
The rest of the day flew by with the cake making and Daddy telling me that I could open one gift since I had asked once more. All of a sudden though, I didn’t want to open it. I wanted to the savor the feeling of want that I currently had. I told him that I would wait. I hated waiting. I just remembered that right after I gave him my answer. Now I had to wait for my gifts and my cake. I sat down next to daddy on the couch and changed the channel of the still on TV. There was nothing to do now but sit here and wait.

My patience has paid off. The cake had come out of the oven, been covered with frosting, and had a couple of candles placed on the top. He sang me the same song I heard on the TV show. I smiled and blew out the candles in front of me. He had told me to make a wish. I did. I didn’t tell him what it was though. I remembered from the same show that I couldn’t tell anyone what it was or it wouldn’t come true. We ate about 2 slices of the cake each and he told me it was time to open my gifts.

I unwrapped the largest one first. I looked at the box. It showed an orange racetrack with metal pieces inside of the plastic ones. It also came with to cars and 2 remotes with one button on them each. According to the box it said that pressing them made the car move. I wanted to use it now. I held that off until I opened the other one. It was much smaller. I opened it happily though. There was no box though. It was a small cube with a joystick and button it. It also had to wires that lead of into a red and yellow it. I recognized them from when I tried to plug in the DVD player I had found. It plugged into the TV. I turned my attention to the Paper bag wondering what was inside it. I smiled as I saw a large amount of sweets inside. A large amount of gum, Wonka candies, and chocolate was inside. I turned my head back to the game that plugged into the TV and asked Daddy to help me with it. He placed the two ends into the TV and started it up for me. He also told me he would set up the track for me while I tried it out.

I looked at the lights and noticed it was a racing game. It was like I was looking from inside of the car and racing all of the other ones. The button was for turbo I think. I started off the race and laughed as I had won my first race. By that time though, Daddy had finished the track and placed the two cars on the metal track. The remotes were connected to the metal prongs sticking out of the side. He handed me one and told me that you used them to start your car. I pressed the button and stared in fascination as my car moved a small distance. I pressed it several times and asked if we could race each other. We played for a couple of hours.

I was lying down next to my daddy ready to go to sleep. I remembered my wish just before I dozed off. It stood out in my mind as I tried to go to sleep. It was like they were large words. I read them in my head and smiled at the wish. I do hope my wish comes true. I read my wish one more time before I fell asleep.

I had wished I could be together with my daddy forever.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I myself enjoyed this chapter. Did you? Answer in the comments if you want me to (try to) write the story My Little Dashie in Dashie’s POV. Thanks for reading this far!