• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 4,307 Views, 252 Comments

My Little Dashie: In Between The Gaps - voidless



I created this series as a way to see between the time skips. I hope you enjoy. I did not write MLD.

  • ...
10
 252
 4,307

First Time Flying & A New Room

Yay! It's a timeskip! Why? Because I'm out of plot ideas and the guy spamming the living *yay* out of my inbox won't be quiet. So enjoy! This advanced a year to Dashie's frist time flying from her POV.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I had grown quite a bit. Now I was just big enough that i could barely fit under under Daddy's jacket. Just yesterday he had bought me a dog costume out of desperation. I for several obvious reasons was not amused. I could still fit in his jacket, but just barely. I was more determined than ever to get this right. If I didn't learn how to fly soon then I wouldn't be able to fit under the jacket and make it to the park. I had to get it right this time. My right wing was sore from last week. I had fallen out of the tree and hit a branch on the way down. It was finally movable three days later. I was worried that I had broken it or something and I wouldn't be able to fly afterwards. I just hope that it would let me fly today. If I finally learned how to soar through the air then I would be able to fly overhead to the park and avoid people. I also overheard Daddy talking to himself about moving clouds. That would be so awesome to do! We were leaving in 10 minutes. We were going to leave sooner but I wanted a chance to get my wing prepared. I couldn't have anything go wrong from here. The 10 minutes passed quickly while I was thinking to myself. I told Daddy I was ready and got under his jacket.

I waited until he let me out of the jacket to move. I had stretched before I climbed up to the branch I had jumped off of so many times now. I had climbed my way up to the 10 foot branch and jumped. I fell straight down into Daddy's arms. Try again was all I could think of. I climbed up and calmed myself. I had to get this. I jumped and pushed with my wings as hard as I could. I opened my eyes when i realized I didn't hit the ground or my Daddy's arms.I was flying. Well, gliding actually. I didn't manage to keep myself up for to long and landed on the ground. I looked back and saw my Daddy a small bits back. I had flown somewhere around 50 feet.I couldn't believe! After weeks and weeks of practice and injury I had finally done it. I ran my way back to the tree with a large grin plastered to my face. I can't believe I did. Daddy was happy as well. He picked me up and told me how great I did.

I was finally tired after practicing my flying a little more. Daddy told me I was beaming with pride once we got home. I couldn't help it though, I was just so happy. Something else was inside my mind as well. I wondered if I could have my own room. I don't know why I wanted it, but I wanted to show I was more independent. I wanted to try my best to be normal for Daddy. I know that there was a spare room. I also know Daddy hasn't slept in is own room since I've been with him. He told me that he would think it over. I had seen the room only a few times in total. It was empty except for a small bed and nightstand inside. There was also some stuff in the closet. I hear Daddy ask me if I'll help bake a cake in celebration of my achievement. My answer was probably what he expected. It was a yes. I was exhausted ,but I happily helped him make the batter. I fell asleep on the counter shortly after Daddy had placed the batter in the oven. Why wasn't I told flying took so much out of you? I woke up when Daddy picked me up and sat me down onto my chair. I kept my eyes closed though. I wanted to rest as much as I could before needing to move again.

I finally opened one of my eyes once I heard the timer ding. I didn't want to get up. Normally I'd love to move after staying still for so long, but the warmth of the blanket and the soreness of my wings convinced me to stay put. I know that Daddy thinks I'm asleep, but I don't do anything about it. I wanted to tell him I was awake since I hate lying to him but I was worried that he would want me to work on the rest of the cake. I heard him finishing the cake just before I fell asleep.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Instead of cutting this one short I thought I would make it a little longer <3
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a slow day. I had woken up, shuffled through the TV channels, went outside, played with my racing game, and waited for Daddy. My patience had payed off as soon as he walked through the door. We had eaten some of the cake that we cooked yesterday and played with the racetrack. He had also told me that I could get my own room today. I was so happy I didn't even care the I lost at the racing game. And I hate losing! He had placed my blanket on the bed and cleaned out the entire room. I had helped by picking up the small mess in the closet. There was a lot of interesting stuff in there though! Mainly toys but there was stuff like paper and pens. It took a full 3 hours to get everything done and fixed. The room was empty except for the bed with my blanket on it. I was glad about this though. Now I could put in everything I wanted. My own room! Of course I would miss sleeping near Daddy though. We spent the rest of the day playing games and watching TV. I had settled down into my bed after saying good night to Daddy. It was comfortable. having an entire bed to myself. I stretched out and covered myself. Daddy said that if I needed him, he would be in his room. I fell asleep shortly after an hour of getting in and out of bad. In all, I really did miss sleeping next to Daddy.