• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 4,307 Views, 252 Comments

My Little Dashie: In Between The Gaps - voidless



I created this series as a way to see between the time skips. I hope you enjoy. I did not write MLD.

  • ...
10
 252
 4,307

Spider Bite

Hello everyone. I’m sorry for not updating sooner, but my Microsoft Word keeps crashing. So I hope you’re ready for a chapter of even more grammatical errors than usual! Even with all the positive comments I get about it, I will say it now, this chapter is probably bad. I enjoy putting myself down on this story. In makes me want to try harder. Again, I would like to say sorry. Thanks to Qwerty Hooves for the spider idea. Enjoy!
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I woke up slowly like I always do. I scratched my eyes with my foreleg. After a quick minute of stretching I walked over to the clock. It was an hour since Daddy left. Great, now I had nothing to do for the entire day. I was hoping I would be able to spend at least a little bit of time with Daddy. Tomorrow was Sunday at least. I would be able to spend time with Daddy at the park. He promised me that we would work on my flying skill. I wonder how we were going to do it.
I walked over to the counter. I had prepped myself for a jump. I had stopped as soon as I noticed a flutter of movement on the floor. It was walking rather fast. It looked really cool also. It was black with 8 legs. After a closer inspection I noticed it had a red hourglass like mark on the bottom of it. I looked more intensely at it. I was amazed at the design on its underside. The red mark was beautiful on it. I stuck my hoof out in front of it and watched it crawl up. It tickled. I moved my other hoof in front of it and accidentally hit one of its legs. I felt a sharp pain in my leg a second later. I shook the bug off, crushing it, and looked at a new small mark just under my coat. It didn’t sting anymore. It didn’t hurt me that badly. I walked over to my chair and sat down. I felt like going to sleep now. I was still tired from last night. I fell asleep once again.
I woke up sweating. The clock said it was 3:30. Daddy would be home in about 30 minutes. Something was different though. I stood up on the floor and fell over. I couldn’t stand. I tried it again. My legs quaked under the weight. I turned around and tried to jump back onto my chair. I couldn’t make it. My eyesight was also blurry. I looked at the couch and saw two of them. That can’t be right. Why was this happening? My leg was burning badly. I crawled my way into the kitchen and saw the bug I had played with earlier. Did it do this to me? I was still sweating. I closed my eyes slowly. I felt myself slipping away. It was like I was falling asleep except for the fact I knew it was happening. I decided that I would fall asleep here till Daddy got back. He would know what was wrong with me. I closed my eyes one more time and fell asleep.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Don’t worry she isn’t dead. I would never write something like that.

Humans POV
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I walked into the small entrance area and found my way into the living room. Dashie wasn’t in her chair. I looked into the kitchen to see if she was getting something to eat for herself. I saw her asleep on the floor. I walked over to her briskly. She was sweating in her sleep. I looked next to her and saw a spider. It was obvious what had happened. I had gotten even more scared when I saw the red hourglass underneath it. My Dashie had been bitten by a black widow. I picked her up and brought her to the couch. Would she be okay? As much as I wanted to I couldn’t just take her to a vet or a doctor. The only thing I could do for her was keeping her comfortable and didn’t get hurt. I picked her up and walked into the living room. She woke up once I sat her down onto the floor. She asked me something. It was incomprehensible though. She was clearly dizzy. The way her head slowly swayed through the air proved it.

I heard her talk again. It was clearer this time. She had wanted some water. I walked into the kitchen and got out the new glass I bought her a week ago. I filled it with water and walked back to her. She had trouble standing up. I held her in my arms and let tipped the glass into her mouth. She drank happily. I sat her down on the couch and covered her in the blanket. An hour later she had told me that she felt a little better. I wondered how long this would go on. I felt better at midnight when I saw her stand on her own. We wouldn’t be able to go to the park tomorrow. I was saddened about this fact because she had been looking forward to practicing her flying. I filled up her glass again and brought it to her. She was going through a couple of glasses of water an hour. She had cooled down some. I wish I had taught her about the danger of some bugs and insects. She was hurt because of my lack of help.

She didn’t want to sleep anymore. She asked me if she could watch TV. It was late and I wanted sleep, but I never leave my Dashie without. I handed her the remote that had fallen on the floor. As I had expected, I heard motors. She was feeling better enough to say awake. I heard her cough a few times before I fell asleep with her sitting right next to me. I hope she won’t feel too bad tomorrow. If she felt okay enough I could at least take her into the backyard.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

As I say a lot, I’m sorry if this chapter wasn’t that good. I myself haven’t been feeling well and my parents are screaming at each other in the other room. Add that to my writers block and I’m guessing my next chapters will be as bad as this one. Thank you for reading this far!