• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 4,307 Views, 252 Comments

My Little Dashie: In Between The Gaps - voidless



I created this series as a way to see between the time skips. I hope you enjoy. I did not write MLD.

  • ...
10
 252
 4,307

Dashies POV

Yep, another chapter. …That's all I have to say….

"Ahh!" Dashie screams.

I wake up to the sound and look at the clock. It was 2:00 A.M. I grabbed her up in my arms and noticed she was scared. Did she see something? It hits me a second afterwards.

"Did you have a nightmare?" I ask her.

Dashie shakes her head up and down as a response to my question. I lift her up to my face and pull her closer to me. I continue to stroke her mane keeping her comfortable. I lift her up and cover her in her blanket and place her in her chair. Scratching her head seemed to calm her down a little. I poke her stomach in an attempt to cheer her up. She giggles at the touches on her stomach. I add the pillow under her head and let her relax.

I settle down on the couch and turn off the light and hear Dashie whimper. I get up in the total darkness and grab onto her. I lift her up and bring her next to me. I should have known she'd be afraid of the dark. I turned on the TV and let her settle down. I notice something was different now. The racing channel was off. The static noise filled the room loudly. Dashie ducks her head into my chest and places her hooves over her ears.

I change the channel to one of the only other channels I own. Spongebob. Not a show I'd choose. I'm about to change it until I notice Dashie staring intently at it. Her head crooked in a manner that made her look interested.

"Do you want to watch this?" I ask her while handing her the remote.

She nods up and down and places the remote onto the coffee table with her mouth. I grab the small comb on the table and begin brushing her bed-head mane. Dashie enjoys the feel by rubbing her head on his hand.

"Hold still" I chuckle out.

She was asleep in an hour. 3:20. Work was in a little less than 5 hours. I laid myself next to Dashie and went to sleep. I woke up at 7:00. Dashie was still asleep on her blanket. I turned off the T.V. and made her a small salad for breakfast. If she didn't wake up I would place her dish in the fridge. Time flew away from me as I made myself breakfast. I would have to leave by the time I'm done eating. Dashie's nightmare had kept her up late. He got a piece of paper and wrote a couple of words on a note.

I had recently been teaching her to read. I only got her to understand a couple of words when written. I still smiled at her progress however. I left the house and made sure to put the note where she would find it. Although I feel as though I forgot something.

Dashie's POV (Point of View)

I woke up covered in the blanket Daddy always covers me in. I quickly get up to say good morning to him only to see no one.

"Daddy?" I call out uncertainly. My ears droop when I realize no one is home. I look at the table and notice some paper on the remote. There's words on it. I'm not too good at reading but I try my best.

"Dashie…went…to work… Breakfeast…no breakfast…is in…fridge. Love…Daddy." I read aloud. I felt happier at the love daddy part of the letter. I walk my way over to the fridge. I notice that Daddy left it open slightly so I could get in. I nudge it open with my nose and grab out the plate with my mouth. I'm glad he didn't wrap it. I quickly eat all of it. An hour or two pass by. This was the saddest part of the day for me. I curled into a ball sadly and tried to go to sleep. To no avail. I wish I had someone here with me.

I want to go outside. I go to the door to get out but realize Daddy didn't leave it open. Why did daddy do that? I try and push the door open with my hoof without success. That's when I get an idea. I jump up as high as I can and grab the knob with my mouth. My body slides around and turns the knob. I feel joy when the door opens and lets me out. I quickly run into the grass happily. I go over to the daisies where I get my lunch and inspect one of them. After I got that thing stuck in my tongue I've always checked them. I touch the one I'm eyeing with my hoof and watch the yellow bug fly away. I place the flower in my mouth and chew on it. Delicious!

"Haha" I say to myself. I chase some of the flying creatures, birds I think, around the yard happily.

I go over to the flower patch hungrily after a good couple of hours of playing with the birds. I notice the bug fly off the flower. I really want to try that. Without knowing it my wings start flapping. I look down in shock when I realize I'm a good fingers length off the ground. I try moving forward and fall on my face. My snout landing on a flower and notice a bug fly on it. I shake my head to get it off and go inside tiredly. I pull the door closed with my hoof before jumping on Daddies couch and going to sleep.

I dream that I'm flying with the birds. And Daddy is congratulating me! I'm so excited that I land into him and we both start laughing. He takes me home with him and we enjoy ourselves. I awake due to a sound I heard suddenly.

I realize it's the door. And I shiver with excitement when I realize my Daddies home. He comes over and picks me up. And I know that I love him. And he loves me.