• Published 7th Dec 2016
  • 1,313 Views, 101 Comments

Friendship is Failure #3: Beast Boy in Equestria - DakariKingMykan



An evil pony switches places with Beast Boy landing both Beast Boy and the human world in great danger

  • ...
86
 101
 1,313

Chapter 14: Secrets of Beast Boy

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Terra and Jerome appeared in stark white realm of misty and clouds. “Where are we?” she asked.

“I’m not one of them angels that takes you back in time…” replied Jerome “I let you view it all right here.” he tapped his heels again, and a large screen popped out of the ground. “Our journey begins here.”


At the very time, the Titans were shown the exact images on the computers.


Garfield Mark Logan…

When he was only five years old, he was bitten by a green monkey whilst in the amazon with his scientologist parents. The boy became deathly ill, and his parents decided the only way to save him was to use an untested serum obtained from the amazon. While the serum did cure him, some unintended side-effects mutated him, which was how he became the green, pointy-eared, animal-morpher he was today.

“Yo, we know all that already. We learned it from the Doom Patrol.” said Cyborg.

“Oh really…?” one of the computers asked sarcastically, “Did you also know that from then on, his entire life was shaped by hardship, tragedy and heartbreak?”

The Titans had often contemplated that, as it was usual for a hero to have a hard life. “How bad could he have had it?” asked Robin, “Just watch.” another computer said.



Shortly after his mutation, Garfield’s parents were killed in a boating accident during a flood; an accident he believed he could have saved them from.



Terra couldn’t believe what she had just seen. “That’s so awful.”

“Yep…” agreed Jerome “Bad enough he barely got to even know his folks, but it really can haunt you if you believe you could’ve saved them, but you didn’t.”

Terra continued to watch as little Garfield’s foster mother took him to raise and look after him, only to be killed shortly after in a tank battle, and the poor kid was apprehended by two thieves who mistreated him, beat him, worked him hard… and their boss, Nicholas Galtry, he hated the kid so much that he opted to kill him, also to collect the inheritance money.

…Little Garfield was worth a small fortune because of his powers.

Terra held her hand to her mouth.




Starfire did the same thing, she only remembered how she was beaten in slave labour, but she never believed Beast Boy knew what it felt like. “How could someone treat a boy so young and innocent so poorly?” she cried.


Robin was reminded of how Bruce Wayne was hard to him, but he wasn’t quite sure now if what he suffered was equal to, or half of what Beast Boy was suffering in the images.

“Look…” Robin suddenly said “It’s the Doom Patrol.”


“That’s right…” said a computer “They came in a saved him, adopted him you may say and helped him join the crew and taught him how to focus his powers. Then… Da-da-da-dum… Beast Boy is born… but his spirit, that was another story.”


The Titans had a good feeling they knew what the computer meant by that, and indeed… Mento’s harshness, stubbornness, even When Beast Boy thought he did the right thing by saving his teammates, consequently letting the bad guys get away… Mento really let him have it!

(0:54)

Terra never saw anything like it. “He saves the teams life and he scolds him?”

Jerome nodded, “Some father figure, huh? If he as my dad, I’d probably push him down the stairs. And even though Elasti-Girl treated him like a loving mother, she had to stay loyal to her husband and not question him much.”


Mento only seemed to care for Beast Boy when his talents and skills were needed, and after that, he cast him aside.

Finally fed up with all the negligence and disrespect, Beast Boy ran away from the Doom Patrol and struck out on his own.



He tried to make a new life for himself, but people just kept pushing him away, disgusted that he was green.

Even when he took a simple drink from a water-fountain, everyone just stopped and looked at him like he was contaminating it or something!



“Well, he is green…” Raven pointed out “Anyone would react that way; if they just got to know him better.”


“Really?” snapped a computer “Well that may be, but… are they actually giving him a chance?”

“…Point taken.”


Next the computers showed how when Beast Boy met the Titans, and decided to form a team with them-- A new family, a new home, but most of all a chance to start over and try to at least forget his past.


“Well it can’t be that hard to forget your past.” said Robin.

“Truly, the past is long and gone with and a bright future is ahead.” added Starfire.


“The past may be gone, but the memories would always remain.” said a computer “No matter how hard you try; memories can never really disappear, and neither can the dark emotions that emit from them.”

(0:33)

That’s how and when Beast Boy decided to assumed a role as a comic relief-- telling bad jokes, getting in mischief and all that stuff, and it was rather annoying and somewhat irritating to the others, he did it all as means of hiding behind a mask… trying to supress the deep inner pain he felt from all his hardships and tragedies. He didn’t dare let the Titans know, not wanting them to get involved in his problems, plus, he didn’t feel they could actually help him… nor would they be sympathetic enough.


“What? Of course we’d be sympathetic.” protested Starfire.

“Would you…?” the computer asked in a snarky tone, and all the computers showed them all the bad footage of all the times they talked down to him, made fun of him, gave him a rough time, Raven even smacked him several times in Tokyo.

“Real sympathetic.” the computers mocked.


“This ain’t fair…” grumbled Cyborg “We had some good times with him.”

“Uh-huh… SOME being the operative word.” the computer replied. Even the computers couldn’t deny it and viewed all the good times, but there were much more bad times than good ones.

“All he wants to do is try and fit in, really feel special, even make you all laugh a little to make to all a little happy in sad times. While he may not be the smartest and brightest tool in the shed, he did have heart, and a soul, and at least he could be there for you and tried his best… and THIS is how you repay him?”

More bad images were shown of the Titans being mean, pushy, inconsiderate; and even Raven, whacking him upside the head even when he wasn’t being funny and had a good idea for once.

“You think YOU have emotion problems, Raven…” one of the computers taunted.


Now the titans were starting to feel ashamed. “I guess… maybe we can be a little hard sometimes.” said Robin.

The others didn’t feel that the word “Little” was quite the right amount.




Terra could hardly keep up with this anymore, and it finally sank in… that this was the “Other stuff” Beast Boy wouldn’t talk about whenever they bumped into each other.

“Oh, no!” she peeped.

“Oh, yes…” said Jerome “It’s time to view that stuff.”


Terra desperately did not wish to view the next footage, knowing fully well what was coming. She tried to walk away but only ended up coming right back to the same place where she was, like being in endless loop.

“Sorry, you’re not gettin’ out that easy.” said Jerome. “This is my world, you’re not getting’ outta’ here unless I let you out.”

He tapped his heels to start the footage, but Terra shut her eyes tight and covered her ears hoping not to see or hear anything, but even then Jerome made her see it and hear it anyway. “Ya gotta face the music, girl.”


The footage was of the day Terra met the titans for the first time. The day her and Beast Boy’s romance was set in motion.

The day they met, and her powers were unstable, yet he believed in her and did his best to help her build confidence, but then she ran out on him, mistakenly believing he betrayed her trust in telling the others about her problems with her powers.

Then she came back to be a real Teen Titan, and it was very obvious she and Beast Boy were really getting tight, especially when he made her that special gift…

(0:40-0:55)

They even went out on a date…

…their first and only, but it really looked and felt so wonderful.

They were pretty much a match made in heaven. Both understood one another, both knew how it felt to be alone at times, but most importantly, being with each other meant trust; something Beast Boy never though he could share this way with another person. Perhaps Terra was the answer to all his woes, and that the angels above were finally compensating each other for their years of torment and suffering.


Unfortunately, her involvement with Slade was revealed, and they began to drift apart, and she eventually resurfaced, now fully loyal to Slade and attacked the Titans, but Beast Boy, regretting his earlier rejection of Terra, hated seeing her like this. Knowing she was just lost, alone, manipulated by Slade… there was good in her.

After all that had happened he was STILL willing to forgive her, overlook all her wrong doings.

“You were the best friend… I ever had!”


She sacrificed herself by turning to stone to stop the city from being boiled in lava, which really shattered Beast Boy’s spirits, but in all that time, he never stopped thinking of her and still had hope that one day she would return, and they could be happy together.

Every so often he would visit her statue and pray that she’d be alright one day… even singing to her statute.

(0:42)

Tears were cascading down Terra’s face. “Beast Boy…” she peeped ever so softly.

Jerome sighed softly, he was a little too macho and smooth, but he did feel for that touching moment. “That’s the real feeling.” he said “If that ain’t real love, I don’t know what is.”

Terra knew Beast boy really cared for her, but as if for the first time, it was undeniable, and after everything she had just seen and remembered the better things he did for her…

“I guess… I think I--”

Jerome looked at her “You think? You guess…? Nah, deep down, you always felt the same way about him, and that’s something that no one can really try to shut out.”

Terra clutched her chest in her hands, and she felt the warmth she hadn’t felt in a long time returning to her. She wasn’t being brainwashed, forced, or obligated against her will… it was her real feelings finally being recognized and undeniable. “…I love him.”

Jerome smiled weakly at her. As an angel, he knew she was being fully honest. This only made him feel regretful for what he was about to do, but it had to be shown. He tapped his heels and the footage was shown of… the Things Change episode, which snapped Terra into the reality of things.



The titans were being shown the same episode… especially to the part where Beast Boy saw HER…

One-by-One, each of the Titans exclaimed in shock and astonishment.

Robin: “Terra…?!”

Starfire: “Oh my…!”

Cyborg: “No way!”

Raven: “It’s really her!”


The computers said nothing, and just continued to show images of how Terra faked having amnesia, and pretended not to remember Beast Boy, their past, all the good times they had.

All this because she wanted to forget her past… ALL OF IT! She wanted nothing to do with Beast Boy, the Titans, and just wanted to settle for a normal life.

As much as that was understandable… the final scenes were shown…

“You’re my friend! You’re a Teen Titan!”

“You’re wrong!”



“Why can’t things just go back to the way they were? You were so happy then.”

“Things were never the way you remember. Now just leave me alone!”



“Things Change, Beast Boy. The girl you want me to be is just a memory.”


Right there, at that moment… whatever remained of his already dying hopes were totally destroyed; most likely beyond repair! Even his mask of laughter had completely shattered, forcing him to embrace the horror, and realize who he really was…

…Nothing more than a grieving loser, destined to always lose those he loved, either by death, or alienation. No matter what he did, no matter where he went... it was always the same for him.

Perhaps if it were only one or two things, it could had been different, but all this... this was all way too much.


The Titans were positively speechless. Starfire had tears in her eyes, feeling for Beast Boy’s pain as if for the very first time.


Beast Boy respected her wishes, and left Terra in peace to lead her own future… but at a terrible price for himself.

“After all he had been through, through all he had suffered and lost; he really did not deserve that... Did he?” said a computer.

“I’m surprised he was still alive after that.” added another “Anyone else would have likely done themselves in long ago.”

(0:19)

“And how did any of you treat his grievance?” asked the final computer.

(Play this after the previous song)

The Titans felt their hearts each skip a beat as they remembered; though some of them tried to be sympathetic, all they ended up saying were the wrong things.

Robin: “You need to put it behind you.”

Starfire: “I understand this girl whom resembles our Terra has hurt you, but it will be better in time. You will see, for the sea is bountiful with many other fish.”

Cyborg: “I just wanna help ya get better.”

Raven: “Change can be good and good can come from it… for everyone. It’s just a thing we all have to accept, embrace who we are, and maybe even be thankful for it.”

Though their intentions were pure and understandable, just like Terra… the way they handled it was neither inspiring nor helpful… Especially Raven for trying to force herself onto him, and then giving him the cold shoulder when he gave her a legitimate reason why he was not interested.

"Some friends you turned out to be..." sneered a computer "You claimed to have been trying to help him, when in fact all you ever did was show just how inconsiderate, incompetent, and intolerable you really are!"

Each blow made the Titans feel like they were being slapped in face with shame, and it seemed well-deserved as they veiwed the next scenes.

Scenes of the team growing less sympathetic and more harsh by trying to force him to accept the way things were and move on, and even giving him more grief for his flaws in battle due to his weariness.

No one in the city was appreciative of Beast Boy either, as they all seemed to prefer the other Titans to him… like those children with their action figures, and especially Terra’s friends who bullied, insulted and even harmed him.

All this, combined with all trauma he had suffered in his past, and finally topping it all off with the Titans taking apart Terra’s room, again, to force him to move on, and destroying the heart-shaped mirror box.

It was no wonder Beast Boy couldn’t even try to get over things and move on. How could he? What did he exactly have to move on to? Nothing but unsympathetic and aggressive teammates, a city/world that disrespected him, a girl he loved who no longer wanted him.

It was just the same stuff, over, and over, and over again…

He had pretty much no place to go now, no one he could trust. the Titans were no-longer trust-worthy. the city and the rest of the world were full unfair disrespect for him, and the Doom Patrol... even though it seemed Beast Boy made up with Mento, it wasn't good enough. Mento, was always the big pushy gorilla, and nothing more.

Beast Boy would never want to run back to that "Slime-ball".

(Skip to 3:50)

The last images were of Beast Boy all by himself in the darkness, feeling hurt, betrayed, lost… and above all things… alone!



…That was all! There was no more footage to be played.

All the Titans wanted were answers to why he left, and they got them.

They were not shown anything else that happened beyond that.

Author's Note:

Can't exceed my word limit, so I have to stop the chapter here. Then again, what comes next is a different matter.


But this is pretty much part of my reasons for not liking MLP. Friendship Can't save you out of this one, if anything it only makes it worse!

and As I mentioned right at the start... All this, plus MLP is really pissing me off cuz I hate what happened and can't put it behind me. So I'm making this for a little steam blowing, and it's actually working... I've been sleeping a little better...

...But it will not last