• Published 7th Dec 2016
  • 1,313 Views, 101 Comments

Friendship is Failure #3: Beast Boy in Equestria - DakariKingMykan



An evil pony switches places with Beast Boy landing both Beast Boy and the human world in great danger

  • ...
86
 101
 1,313

Chapter 3: Lack of Initiative

CHAPTER THREE

Applejack was pulling along a cart of apples and Pinkie Pie was walking suspiciously next to her. “For the last time, Sugarcube: There ain’t no thieves hidin’ in my wagon.”

“I know that, I’m just looking for one.” said Pinkie.

Applejack sighed but as she stopped at a crosswalk, the apples in her cart began to rumble as if something were in fact inside the cart.

The two ponies gawked in slight fear, and that’s when Angel the rabbit popped his head out, spilling several apples out of the cart.

Fluttershy came fluttering along. “Oh, there you are, Angel. I’ve been looking everywhere for you. Were you sneaking around in the apple orchards again?”

Angel acted coy and denied it, but Fluttershy gave him a naughty stare trying to psyche him into confessing.

“Darn, not the thief I’m looking for.” sighed Pinkie.

“Thief…? What thief?” Fluttershy asked, and Pinkie showed her the Wanted Poster of Changeling she had with her, making Fluttershy yelp and take cover under the cart, with her hoofs over her eyes and she was quivering.

Applejack pulled the wagon away, “You okay, Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy slowly looked up, “I’ve heard stories of Changeling… he’s really nasty.”

She explained that she heard stories that not only did Changeling steal things, but he was thought to long for world dominance, hence his lust for power, and he was willing to do absolutely ANYTHING to get what he wanted… even kill others!

As frightening as that sounded, Applejack didn’t believe it “Horse feathers. There ain’t been a death since that creep ever first appeared on the most wanted list.”

“But… but… don’t you think it’s possible he would… kill… someone?”

This Applejack couldn’t deny and was beginning to see the importance of Changeling’s capture. “Well, I hope they find him and haul him in soon.” She simply said and then walked off with her cart “Meanwhile, I gotta get back to my shipment. I can’t let every single scary thing stop me from makin’ a livin’.”


The others had no idea how she could act so brave, but Pinkie remained determined to find Changeling. “You’re out there somewhere, but where?” she grumbled to herself.




At School, Terra got back her geometry test, and she got a D-Minus. “You’re going to have to work a little bit harder next time.” the teacher said to her.

“Yes, sir, I’ll try.” Terra said.

Then the teacher gave the two Js their tests, “As for you two… read ‘em and weep.”, both tests were mark with large Fs, much to the girl’s annoyance! “It’s all that green geek’s fault!” Jackie said to Jillian. “Yeah, he distracted us from our studies. Only another thing he’s going to pay for.” added Jillian.

Terra didn’t really hear them and just stared down at her marked test. Naturally it would’ve helped if she had studied, but on the test were easy problems she knew and could have solved without studying, yet she answered them incorrectly anyway. Reason: All through the test she was constantly thinking of Beast Boy, and how he asked her to come with him… and what she told him.


“Things Change, Beast Boy. The girl you want me to be is just a memory.”


Even when she left him to go to class, she still saw that expression he had… the kind you only made when you were super crushed. It seemed almost identical as the expression he had when she bumped into him earlier.

She sighed softly, almost as if she were in deep regret of what she had done, but she felt this was for the best for both herself and for Beast Boy. She didn’t want to be tempted to go back to him, to the Titans, or try to become a hero ever again.

This was where she belonged… This was where and how she wanted to be… wasn’t it?

Her insides were trembling and she clenched her fist softly, making the stone flooring beneath her vibrate ever so softly. She quickly stopped, but the Js saw this though. “What was that?” Jackie softly called over to Terra.

“What was what?” Terra asked trying to sound innocent.

“We saw that… the ground was shaking.” said Jillian.

The teacher cleared his throat and gave the girls a stare, telling them to be quiet during class.

Terra sighed softly in relief. She couldn’t let anyone know of her powers. They’d probably regard her as a freak, maybe even cast her out… or worse realize she was Slade’s former apprentice who nearly destroyed the city.

For now, all she wanted to do was concentrate and try to keep her mind on the present.



The Titans had already arrived on the scene where the First National Bank was being robbed by a group of five robbers. Unfortunately, rather than traditional weapons, these guys were armed with huge exoskeletal armored suit; armed with machine guns, flame throwers, and missiles especially!

“Titans, go!” shouted Robin, and the heroes lunged into battle.

“Get ‘em, guys!” the lead robber shouted, and his four teammates stomped forward in their suits, shooting their machine guns forcing the titans to scatter.

Starfire fired her starbolts at the machines, Cyborg fired his sonic-cannon and Robin threw his disc-bombs, but the machines hardly got scratched. The attacks just weren’t powerful enough.

“We’re just getting warmed up.” One of the robbers laughed, and he and his friends fired their flame throwers, forcing Raven to put up a dark wall to shield her and the others.

“I can’t get a clear shot at them from here.” shouted Cyborg.

“Beast Boy, can you try and knock them over?” said Robin “then maybe they won’t be able to get back up. We’ll distract them.”

Beast Boy nodded and changed into a rhino, but he looked a little shaky, on the count of he was still rather tired due to hardly getting any sleep last night.

Still, the titans began to launch their attacks at the robbers, distracting them, and this gave Beast Boy the chance to charge. He stampeded forth and rammed one of the bots hard.

“HEY!!” shouted the robber in control, as he found himself falling off balance and then falling flat on his back, unable to get back up.

“That’s one down.” said Cyborg.

“Oh, yeah, try this!” another robber shouted as he and his buddy beside him fired their missiles.

“WATCH IT!!” shouted Robin as the four rockets headed straight

“Goin’ airborne!” shouted Cyborg, and he leapt up catching two of the missiles under his arms until they ran out of thrust. “BOOYAH!! THAT’S TOUCHDOWN!!” he cried. As for the other two missiles; “Azarath… Metrion… ZINTHOS…!!” Raven blasted them hard in a steam of power, and sent them hurtling back to their senders.

“WHOA!”

“BAIL OUT!!”

The robbers jumped clear just in time as the missiles hit their bots and blew them up.

The three robbers were ready to fight the Titans themselves, while the other two decided to split while they could with a large bag of money and some heavy gold. Their bots were also equipped with jet propulsions, and they just took off.

“Beast Boy, Starfire, go after them!” Robin shouted “We’ll handle these guys.”

“Come, friend…” Starfire called as she took off after the robbers, and Beast Boy followed her as peregrine falcon. The fastest flying creature he could be.

The two were able to catch up with the flying bots, due to the bots being slowed down by the heavy gold they were towing with them. “Ditch the money!” the leader shouted. His partner reluctantly agreed, and the two let go of the sacks which fell to the ground.

“Beast Boy, save the money… I shall pursue the villains.” said Starfire.

Beast Boy agreed and changed into a pterodactyl, and swooped down to catch the sacks.

While Starfire fired her eye-lasers at the two bots, shorting out their jets, causing them to lose height and fall, and she chased after them to apprehend the two crooks.

Beast Boy, clutched the heavy sacks in his talons and knew he had to get the money back to the bank, unfortunately his weariness finally caught up with him and he could barely hang on, and there he was slowly descending to the ground a few miles from the bank, and he just collapsed to sleep on the sidewalk with the large bags by his side.


He was really out cold that he couldn’t notice someone walking up to him. Someone mysterious wearing a black robe and hood.

He pulled one of the bags open and his eyes glistened within the shadows of his hood. “Well…” he hissed “What do you know? I just hit me a jackpot and I didn’t have to do a thing.”

His gaze then fell upon Beast Boy and silently hissed to himself, “Yes… you’ll do nicely for me.”

He was interrupted however by the sound of sirens wailing as the authorities were nearing the area. He had no choice to flee.

A soft glow emitted from his neck, and he and the bags of money just vanished without a trace and left Beast Boy lying asleep on the sidewalk.



Beast Boy awoke, and he stretched out and yawned, only to find he was back in the tower, and the others were gazing down at him with looks of disappointment. “What’s up?” he asked.

Robin then turned on the TV to the news.

“In local news, the Teen Titans answered to the robbery of the first national bank which had been broken into by five men in technological suits. Police and the Bank officials insist that approximately two million dollars had been stolen, and while the Titans succeeded in apprehending the criminals and destroying their techno-suits, the money had not been retrieved and is presumed lost.”

Robin shut the TV off, and Beast Boy suddenly remembered having collapsed in exhaustion and the money was right near him. “Oh, no…!” he cried.

Robin scolded him, “You fell asleep on the job, Beast Boy.”

Remorseful and ashamed as Beast Boy felt, he tried to excuse his lack of initiative. “Dude, I was exhausted, I could hardly keep my eyes open.”

“Well, why didn’t you just take one of your pep pills?” Cyborg asked.

Now Beast Boy felt even more ashamed, knowing he should had taken one of the pills to keep him awake like all the team members were instructed to do so.

“I ran into Terra earlier, and I…”

The other immediately rolled their eyes; Cyborg smacked his own forehead groaning “Ah, man.”

“You failed to follow protocol because you were stalking the girl who resembles our Terra again?” Starfire asked.

“I wasn’t stalking her, I just ran into her, and I got a little upset and…”

The others felt they had heard enough, and began to walk away. “Guys, hey…! You got the crooks, didn’t you?”

“That’s not the point, Beast Boy.” said Robin “You were trusted to bring the money back. Now, because of your lack of initiative, many people have lost their money.”

“Well, excuse me!” Beast Boy sneered angrily “None of us is perfect, you know, and I going through a rough time.”

“Bottom line, Beast Boy…” Robin said “Is you need to learn to let go, and focus on more important things.”

Beast Boy tried to look to the others for sympathy, but they all seemed to agree with Robin.

Beast Boy, saying nothing to them, turned and left the lounge to be by himself.

The others could only look in the direction he walked, thinking he really had it bad, and they all felt that the sooner he learned to put the past behind him the better.