• Published 7th Dec 2016
  • 1,313 Views, 101 Comments

Friendship is Failure #3: Beast Boy in Equestria - DakariKingMykan



An evil pony switches places with Beast Boy landing both Beast Boy and the human world in great danger

  • ...
86
 101
 1,313

Chapter 1: Disheartened

Author's Note:

MLP and Things Change have been pissing me of a lot this week, so I thought I'd make a fic to attack/punish them both in one shot... heh-heh-heh!

CHAPTER ONE

Princess Twilight Sparkle had recently returned from the Human World on what she thought would be an emergency at the Friendship Games, but seeing as all was fine, she returned to Equestria.


She was now reading quietly in her Rainbow Castle at night, but the light from the candles was disturbing Spike, whom was trying to sleep in his basket by her bed.

“Twilight, can’t you finish that book in the morning?” he groaned.

“I’m sorry, Spike, but… it’s just so good, I can’t put it down.” replied Twilight “It’s a story about a friend who was betrayed his friends and he went off to try and make more friends, and things didn’t go so well…”

“And let me guess…” Spike cut it “In the end, he realizes that friendship is a wonderful thing and he goes back to his friends, and they all live happily ever after.”


Twilight read on ahead, and sighed “Yes… they do.”

She closed the book, having lost interest.

“Twilight, every story you read turns out that way.” Spike said.

“Well, yeah, but… I don’t get what you’re going at.”

“I’m saying, not that I actually want this, but aren’t there stories that don’t end in happy ever afters? Where friendship doesn’t make things better?”

Twilight gasped at such a thought. “Spike, how can you say such a thing?” she thundered.

“Just saying, that’s all.” Spike said, and he rolled over and went to sleep. Twilight could only sigh, as she blew out her candles and snuggled into bed.

“What if Spike’s right?” she thought silently “I mean, sure sometimes friendships just don’t work out, but… Friendship can’t make things worse… can it?”

She finally fell asleep.



While outside, a soft wind blew across Ponyville, blowing leaves, a few papers along, and even a Wanted poster…!

The picture was of a green unicorn with no cutie-mark. Name: Changeling, though he was not an actual Changeling creature, he was wanted for stealing a magical amulet from a keeper’s store, shown in the picture around his neck, as well as terrorism, thievery, and a large reward was placed on his head for his capture, of Ten-Thousand gold bits… Wanted Dead or Alive!

Many had been after Changeling in the hopes of collecting the reward, but so far he had not been seen nor heard from for quite a while. It was if he had vanished from the while of Equestria.




Jump City California, in the human world…


It was late at night, and the Teen Titans had returned to their tower after a long hard day, but finally the White Shapeshifting monster had been captured and taken to a high-tech security prison.

The Titans were only able to finally outwit the creature thanks to Beast Boy, lending his super sense of smell from being a bloodhound, but he arrived super late due to other circumstances that happened that day… which were still plaguing him.

As the titans exited the T-Car, Starfire was glad the battle was over “I believe that was one of the most difficult of foes we have faced since our return.”

“Uh… that was the first and only creature we’ve faced since we got back.” Raven pointed out. Starfire rubbed the back of her head feeling embarrassed.

“Well, thankfully the whole team was there this time.” Robin said, but he was shooting a few hints at Beast Boy. The others all looked at him too, but he didn’t even turn to face them, even though he knew they were right about his showing up late.

All the way on the car ride home he had the same spiritless expression on his face. None of the others had to be psychic like Raven to understand what was bothering him…

..Something had gone wrong with Terra… if it even was Terra. The Titans still had a hard time believing she had actually returned, and it still baffled them.


“Well, I think I’ll go order us a pizza.” Cyborg said. “Oh, yes… I would like that.” said Starfire. “…Our first pizza since our arrival home again and to celebrate our first victory.”

Normally Beast Boy was psyched whenever it was Pizza Night, but he hardly even moved. “Beast Boy, are you not exicted for the pizza?” asked Starfire.

Beast Boy’s lips curled into a forced smile and he answered, “Yeah, it sounds good.”

The others remained unconvinced of his attitude, and as they all headed into the tower from the garage. “Beast Boy, hang on a second.” Robin said “…I want to talk to you.”

“Yeah, about what…?” Beast Boy asked, though he knew what was coming.

“Beast Boy… I’m not pleased that you showed up late to the battle.”

“Hey, we won didn’t we?”

“That’s not the point. You were needed by your team, and we almost didn’t make it.”

“Look, I’m sorry…” Beast boy said “I went to Terra’s school and…”

“That’s just it…” Robin cut it “I know you think you saw Terra, and you really want to have her back, but you need to put it behind you.”

Beast Boy clenched his fists as the pain shot through him again like a burning spear. “I didn’t think I saw Terra… I did… but it doesn’t matter now.”

He said nothing more and walked to the door.

“Beast Boy…” Robin called.

“Look, I’ll be there next time, okay?” Beast Boy said to him, almost yelling. He then apologized, and went off to his room, leaving Robin feeling very concerned and worried.


The pizza came, but Beast Boy had not come out of his room. He didn’t feel like eating, or even getting off his bed. His body was shaking painfully as he tried his hardest not to burst out crying, fearing if he did he would be in more pain and he would never be able to stop.


“Things Change, Beast Boy. The girl you want me to be is just a memory.”

That horrible message and all those images continued to torment him. No matter how hard he tried to forget it, it always came back stronger and more painful than ever.

“Why, Terra? Just tell me why?” he softly cried to himself.


A small knock at his bedroom door snapped him out of his thoughts, “Beast Boy… it is I, Starfire. I have brought you some pizza. It is of the vegetarian variety.”

“Thanks, but I’m not really hungry.” he called to her. He was using every bit of strength he could summon to hide the sadness in his voice.


Outside the door, Starfire felt really bad for Beast Boy, “Beast Boy, I understand this girl whom resembles our Terra has hurt you, but it will be better in time. You will see, for the sea is bountiful with many other fish.”

There was no response!

She hung her head low, left the plate outside his door and left.


Beast Boy just lay on his bed, his tears finally were falling, but he still couldn’t find the courage to break out and sob.


The next morning, Cyborg came into the lounge for an early breakfast and found Beast Boy was there, having dropped off his pizza dish from the other night, and making himself a piece of toast with tofu butter.

“Yo’ ‘B… you up already?” he asked.

“…Still awake actually.” He answered turning his face to him and Cyborg could see the burning in his eyes. “I couldn’t sleep at all.”

Cyborg hated seeing his little pal this way. “Look, I know it hurts, I know, I’ve been dumped a few times in my life too, but I never let it get me down all the time.”

He could tell the way Beast Boy turned away from him that he hadn’t said the right thing, and he even began to wonder and asked “…This ain’t just about Terra, is it?”

Beast Boy shook his head.

“Do you wanna talk about it?”

He shook his head again, and took his toast on a plate to leave for his room.

“I just wanna help ya get better.” Cyborg said to him.

Beast Boy stopped and looked back, and smiled sadly at him, “Thanks, dude.” But inside he was thinking “No one can help me, especially not you.”

Cyborg could only sigh.


Later on, Beast Boy in Terra’s unoccupied room, on her sofa, and next to him was the heart-shaped mirror box he made for her.

He could suddenly see Raven’s faded reflection in the windows of the room. She was starring grimly down at him. “I don’t want to talk about this, Raven.”

“I wasn’t going to.” she said as she made her way over to the sofa and sat down next to him.


He opened the box and looked at his miserable reflection in the mirror. “Why is this happening to me? Ever since we got back, it’s been nothing but one bad change after another, and it’s costing me the things and people I loved.”


“That’s just how life goes sometimes. We can’t always control it.” Raven said “That doesn’t mean all changes are bad.”

“What makes you so sure?”

Raven didn’t answer for a moment “I just am sure. Change can be good and good can come from it… for everyone. It’s just a thing we all have to accept, embrace who we are, and maybe even be thankful for it.”

To him she was starting to sound exactly like Terra and what she had said to him…

“You’re the Teen Titan, that’s who you are. That’s not me. I’m not a hero. I’m not out to save the world. I’m just a girl with a geometry test next period and I haven’t studied.”


Raven gazed at him, and she could tell he was thinking of HER again, and she hated to see him so down hearted.

She felt like telling him something, something very important, but he slowly got up before she had a chance and he began to walk to the door. “Things do Change, Raven… but there are some things you just can’t change. I know this…”

Then he left the room, and Raven kept her eyes on him until he was out of sight. She clutched her hand to her chest. “I should’ve told him.”