• Published 7th Dec 2016
  • 1,313 Views, 101 Comments

Friendship is Failure #3: Beast Boy in Equestria - DakariKingMykan



An evil pony switches places with Beast Boy landing both Beast Boy and the human world in great danger

  • ...
86
 101
 1,313

Chapter 13: Tell me what's wrong

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Twilight was still waiting for word from Princess Celestia about the upcoming mission to the human world. Until she got her final orders, she couldn’t make a move and was told not to take any chances.

The Mane Six all met up at Rainbow Castle, and spoke about what to do with Beast Boy, and Fluttershy, again, suggested “We have to know what’s troubling him. He needs to tell us.”

“I know he should, Fluttershy,” said Twilight “But I don’t think it’ll be right to force it out of him. Especially from what you told me… he looked as if he was in a lot of emotional pain…

…But I guess you’re right.”


“Eeyup…” agreed Applejack “Keepin’ his feelin’s all bottled up like that ain’t healthy for the poor guy.”

The others agreed, but Spike was rather skeptical, “I’m not sure this is a good idea. I mean, you heard him yesterday, he’s probably still convinced we can’t help him.”

“That is true…” agreed Rarity “However, we cannot simply ignore the problem either. That isn’t what we normally do when it comes to friendship problems.”



“You got friendship problems…?” said a familiar voice. Everyone turned and saw none other than Shining Armor and Princess Cadance standing at the door way.

“Brother!” cried Twilight and she ran over and hugged him. Then she hugged her sister in law, and they did their happy cheer…

“Sunshine, Sunshine, Ladybugs awake!
Clap your hooves and do a little shake!”

They shared a laugh and another hug.


The others were all delighted to see them as well. “What brings you two here?” asked Pinkie.


“We heard all about Beast Boy, and we actually want to meet him.” replied Shining Armor. “Princess Celestia gave us permission to come right over, and even spend the night.” added Cadance.

“Well, he’s not here right now, but I can send for him.” said Twilight “We were actually just talking about him. I’ll tell you all about it.”

As she led her family to the table, Rainbow stopped Cadance for a moment and whispered to her, “Did you get my letter…?”

“Sure did…” Cadance whispered back. Thanks to Rainbow she knew all about Fluttershy and Beast Boy, and being the pony of love she was, she couldn’t resist. “Nothing I like more than seeing potential couples… especially if maybe I can help them.”



Beast Boy sat on a bench near a playground where had been sitting most of the afternoon. He still felt a little upset from his torment by his memories.

“Even in a whole other world they still bother me.” he groaned to himself. Then he thought back to Fluttershy and he wondered if he could really trust her or the others if he told them his troubles, but he was still very doubtful they could him with all their “Friendship is Magic” fantasies.


He caressed his forehead with his hoofs wondering what to do, when suddenly… POOF… a magic letter appeared before him, surprising him so much that he fell off the bench. He had already been told of the way wail traveled in Equestria, “They could warn me when it’s about to happen.” He grumbled as she unraveled the parchment. It was a message from Twilight asking him to “Please Come to Rainbow Castle.”

Not wanting to disappoint the Princess of Friendship, he went on his way. Even he couldn’t miss Rainbow Castle. It was plain as anyone could see it in all of Ponyville.



Soon, he arrived, he met Twilight’s family, and they were thrilled to meet him, preferably Shining Armor, and he was practically spouting with questions. “What’s it like in the human world? What did you look like back there? What kind of powers did you have?”

His sister pulled him by the ear, “I think you should take it easy, bro.” and she dragged him away.

“Sorry about that. He can get a little giddy.” said Cadance.

Everyone took their seats at the map-table, and Beast Boy sat next to Fluttershy. They stared at each other for a split second before turning away and acting casual.

Rainbow and Cadance thought this too good to be true, but Cadance wasn’t ready to try anything yet. She and Shining Armor were well aware of the situation.



“What?!” was Beast Boy’s reaction when he was told, by Twilight, “We want you to tell us what bothers you.”


All the others looked just as serious as she did.





While all that was going on, the Titans had been hard at work trying to track down their mystery thief, but so far to no avail. Cyborg tried to scan for gold and other metals and stones from the stolen goods, but he got nothing. “He’s probably usin’ that magic of his to shield it and himself somehow.”

“He’s right.” agreed Raven, “I can’t make psychic contact with him, but then again I don’t even know what he looks like.”


Robin pounded the console “We’re stumbling around like blind people, while he’s up to his ears in stolen money and goods. The city’s already in financial crash.”

All the titans felt the same, deeply concerned, and wished there could be a way to catch the thief.




Meanwhile, Terra never felt so frustrated before. She sat on a bench in the park contemplating whether or not to squeal on Beast Boy.

She was very concerned about the city. The entire metropolis was in serious financial jeopardy, worse than the big stock market crash in 1929… but she still didn’t think she could find the courage to blow the whistle, not on Beast Boy; in fear, shame, guilt...

“Why, Beast Boy…?” she kept wondering to herself “How could you do such a thing? Why would you even want to?”

She still couldn’t believe that anyone would simply turn to crime or homicide simply over a petty breakup, even if it was very hurtful to him.

Then again, she couldn’t deny not being pained by the breakup herself. Her poor grades, her loss of sleep, or even her focus being shaken… all were linked back to Beast Boy and how she couldn’t stop thinking about him.

By this point, she could no longer deny that she really regretted what she had done, but it still baffled her that he would turn to crime.

“All I want is an answer.” she said as she gazed deeply up at the sky “Please… just give me an answer.”

She suddenly fell asleep, having worn herself out on all the stress and sadness, only to be awakened then by someone calling to her.

“Wake up, Terra…

Come on now, wake up.”

She opened her eyes and saw a suave black man dressed in a white suit.

“Who are you?” she asked, “And how do you know who I am?”

“Name’s Jerome, I’m a guardian angel.”

Terra felt really surprised “I have a guardian angel?”

“Uh, no, no… I’m… A… guardian angel.” replied Jerome “See, I’m sorta new in this gig, I’m still working my way through internship. When I do well, they give me my wings; they pay me big Gs, yadda-yadda-yadda… Point is I’m here to give you your answers, and frankly, it’s about time you learned the truth, because frankly again, I’m surprised BB’s still even alive after all he’s been through.”


This worried Terra, but confused her as well “What do you mean “What he’s been through?”

Jerome sighed, “I guess the sooner we get goin’, the sooner I can back to my pad.”

“Go where?” asked Terra. Rather than answer her, Jerome simply tapped the heels of his loafers, and… POOF… they vanished.



Starfire looked sadly into Beast Boy’s unoccupied room, missing him deeply. He had been missing for days and there had been no word or sign of him anywhere.

She came back into the lounge, and the others noticed how grim she looked. “I do wish that Beast Boy would come home to us.”

The others couldn’t deny it. “I think that’s something we all want, Star.” said Robin.

“No joke.” Agreed Cyborg “I mean, he could pick up the scent of the thief and we could trace him more easily.”

Raven never could believe how much she would miss Beast Boy and want him to come home as well. Of course she confessed her feelings to him, but then again he turned her down which still burned her, but all she could ask was the same thing all the others asked at the same time… “…What did we ever do to lose him like this?”

They were so deeply entranced in their thoughts, that they began to have visions, of the computer monitors talking… all three of them.

“The real question would be: What have you ever done to keep him?”

The Titans all gawked in shock “Are you… talking to us?” asked Robin.

“Well, I’m certainly not singing to you.” replied the computer.

Then the other two computers spoke to the Titans as well.

“Good friendship is maintained by sympathy, understanding and caring, but one person cannot do it all by themselves. They cannot be the only friend.”

“Tell us, Titans… what great things have you done to inspire Beast Boy to overcome his difficulties?”


One-by-one the titans each gave their answers.

“We just told him he has to learn to accept things and move on.” said Robin. “And that there will always be a brighter side of things and hope to follow.” added Star.

“We all gotta grow up and let go sometimes.” said Cyborg, “Besides, change can be a good thing, and it’s something we can all be thankful for.” added Raven.


A brief silence followed. While the computers could not show facial features, they were very livid. The first computer sneered “We’ve appeared in over one-million visions and that has got to be the lamest replies we’ve ever heard.”

Cyborg was starting to lose his cool, “Say what? Maybe I should hardwire you.”

Robin got him to calm down. “Look, we’re not wrong. Everyone has to move on sometime in their life. We all did.”

The computers were already well aware of all the Titans and their problems.

-Robin lost his parents at age eight, and lived with Bruce Wayne/Batman for some time, living in his shadow, and being treated cruelly at times. Now here he was, leader of the Titans, and Starfire was his girlfriend.

-Starfire was sold into slavery on her home planet, but she managed to find escape and make a good life for herself on Earth, and she even found love with Robin.

-Cyborg had his horrible accident which changed his life forever, causing him to miss out on certain things he used to be able to do as a human, but it really wasn’t all that bad, and he learned to adjust and was now well known and respected by many.

-And Raven… well, being the daughter of Trigon, and his gateway into the human world, nearly causing total destruction. That was pretty rough, but her father was dead now. She was free from him and her nightmares. Even though her emotions were still considered dangerous due to her powers, all she really had to do was focus on them and things would be better… why she chose not to was anyone’s guess.

“Point, we have all moved on. We had to.” Raven said. “There was no point dwelling on the past.”


The computers were aware of this, but had to point out, “Did it not ever occur to you that just because people should move on and not dwell on their past, that doesn’t mean that they can.”

The titans were all very confused.

“Here, we’ve got something we want to show you. So pay attention.”

All three computer screens flashed brightly and began to show the Titans a long history of something they never knew.



At the very same time all the ponies and Spike were still trying to persuade Beast Boy tell them.

“Come on, Beast Boy. Please tell us…” said Twilight.


Beast Boy was struggling hard “It’s just… I… don’t think I can-- or even you can--”

Fluttershy placed her warm, comforting hoof on his back, and sang softly to him…

(Skip to 0:36)

Her words were so pure. So convincing and all the others agreed with her.

Beast Boy finally gave in, “Okay, I’ll tell you, but it’s really long, and it’s a really rough one.”


They all settled into their seats, and Pinkie Pie ate some popcorn, much to the others annoyance. “What? He said it’s going to be long.”

Nevertheless, Beast Boy began to tell his story…

…Cadance was even silently using her magic to sense Beast Boy’s heart; this way she would know if everything he was about to say was the total truth!

Author's Note:

I am concerned about the next chapter and telling BB's story, as it may exceed my word limit rule... this may require me to merge chapters together and re publish the fic