• Published 7th Dec 2016
  • 1,313 Views, 101 Comments

Friendship is Failure #3: Beast Boy in Equestria - DakariKingMykan



An evil pony switches places with Beast Boy landing both Beast Boy and the human world in great danger

  • ...
86
 101
 1,313

Chapter 8: Court of Injustice

CHAPTER EIGHT

A few days had passed, and more and more robberies had hit the city.

Pay-meters and pay-phones were emptied out and not by the collectors. Not a coin was left in their collection plates.

More antique valuables had been stolen, not just from stores, but from five-star hotels, restaurants, even from people’s homes, all reported to have just vanished without a trace.

The authorities were totally stumped and hadn’t a clue to go by. No one seen or caught on camera, no finger prints, footprints, not anything left behind to lead to a potential suspect.

The city was now beginning to suffer serious financial and moral decline, and people were starting to panic and grow suspicious of everyone, even going as far as to lockdown their stores, setting up traps, only to wind up catching the innocent.

Even the banks now had armed swat teams on round-the-clock standby and suspected anyone who tried to come in.


Of course, the titans were non-too thrilled with all that was happening. “Man, I don’t believe all this!” groaned Cyborg “all the greatest security systems money can buy and the completely flop to catch this guy.”

“Oh, and to think the people of our city tremble and suffer so.” said Starfire.


Robin had thought it good and hard, and there was only solution left, “…We’re going to set a trap. It may just be the only way we can even get a look at whoever’s responsible.”

“But how are we supposed to do that?” asked Raven “We don’t even know where they’re bound to strike next.”

“Not quite…” said robin, and he showed everyone a map with a red dot indicating all the banks, stores and various other places that were robbed. There were also some green dots, not many, which resembled a few banks and places that hadn’t been touched yet. “We’ll setup a little trap around the Second National Bank. It seems to have the richest quantity of the lot, and I’m sure that’s where our suspect will head next, and we’ll even convince the security to make it look like the defenses are down.”

The others fell silent for a moment.

“Well, it can’t hurt to try.” said Cyborg.

The girls agreed as well.

“Okay then… we go at it tonight.” said Robin.




The trial was ready to commence. Twilight had taken her place on the jury stand along with eleven other ponies, all seeming irate and bored with the fact they had to sit through a trial for a pony that was already more than guilty as anyone knew.

Her friends and Spike sat in the front row, and Pinkie cheered for Twilight, only to be reprimanded by the others.

“Pinkie Pie, keep quiet.” said Rarity. “Yeah, this is a court of justice, not some circus performance.” added Applejack.


Twilight still felt a little nervous.


The doors flung open and Beast Boy was marched out, in cuffs, by two bailiff ponies, but all the court gawked at him and whispered concern and expressions back and forth.

“It’s him!”

“That’s Changeling.”

“I hope he goes to jail for a-hundred years.”

“I hope they cut his head off!”


Rainbow recognized him as, “It’s the chump I ran into the other day. I can’t believe, all this time…”


Soon the court was in session, and the prosecutor began his opening statements. “Citizens of Ponyville…” he called out “As you are no doubt aware, for the past several months, citizens, businesses and even whole banks across Equestria have been senselessly robbed. The accused is charged not only with endangering our financial ways of life, but our very lives themselves as he is believed to be alleged murderer of the first degree.”

He held up one of the Wanted Posters for all to see, right next to Beast Boy. “As you can no doubt see, this pony here stands guilty as charged. It is highly recommended to punish Changeling as soon as possible.”

There was an outbreak of chatter in the courthouse, but the judge banged her hoof like a gavel shouting “Order, Order!” she called. Everyone quieted down. Then the Judge reviewed the case files containing quite a few lists of charges, and she spoke deeply to Beast Boy. “Mr. Changeling, have you anything to say for yourself.”

“Yes…” Beast Boy said “For the last time, I am not Changeling!”

There was uproar of gasps, and exchanges of confusion and outrage.

“Not Changeling?” Twilight muttered.

“Order!” called the Judge as she banged her hoof, silencing the courtroom. “Yes, I have read the reports. You claim that you not only not Changeling, but you also claim that you are not originally from our world.”

More exchanges of concern, especially from Twilight, and she suddenly remembered about the mirror portal.


“It’s the truth!” cried Beast Boy.


“Truth or not…” remarked the judge “The fact remains that you have no substantial proof to verify your claims, and you have been positively identified by eye-witnesses and victims of the crimes you are charged with.”

Beast Boy tried in vain to explain things, but no one seemed interested in what he had to say, many of the ponies booed and hissed at him, even Rainbow and Rarity did, but their friends were starting to have second thoughts.

Surely someone on trial would not make sudden outbursts like this-- claiming to be someone else, and not of their world-- not to mention the kind of reputation that Changeling had, one would think he wouldn’t act so frightened, so desperate.

Fluttershy felt this the most as she looked over and Changeling. Normally she’d be afraid of such a scary and evil criminal, but seeing the look in his eyes-- the look of fear, loss, and even a tad of lonesome-- “What if he’s telling the truth?” she whispered to her friends.

“Come to think of it... he did get kinda captured way to easy.” said Applejack “And he hasn’t put up a strong fight or anythin’.”

Pinkie Pie’s mind was arguing back and forth, “She’s right. But what if she’s not? What if she is? What if she isn’t!” back and forth, making her dizzy.


Twilight thought about all this the most, but still there was no proof, there was no evidence, and it also seemed that none of the other ponies on the jury seemed to share her concern, still convinced Beast Boy was guilty.


The judge believed she had heard enough, and announced “The Jury will now retire and return with a verdict.”

One of the jurors raised her hoof, “Um… is this really necessary. He’s clearly guilty.”

Though it was against normal procedures, the judge asked “Do all other jurors feel the same way?”

One-by-one each juror raised their hoof to show their agreement in judging Beast Boy guilty as charged until it was down to Twilight, and she seemed pretty hesitant.

She felt every single eye in the courtroom fixated on her. Rarity and Rainbow were still convinced of the guilt and gave her gestures saying “Do it!” while all the others remained as hesitant as she was.

Of course Twilight knew she had to make a choice, but exactly which…

She didn’t feel it would be right to just vote guilty off the bat, but then again without any evidence to back it up and none to be obtained, she couldn’t just vote not-guilty either. Ponies everywhere seemed so convinced of the guilt that voting against it would have negative impacts on her reputation, but she had to make her choice… Now!

“I… I…”

Beast Boy gazed at her desperately as if he was trying to tell her not to vote him guilty.

Twilight was sweating bullets, and trembling nervously, “I vote--”


Suddenly, the courtroom doors flung wide open. “Stop everything!” called a voice everyone recognized at once. They all turned and gasped in soft shock and awe.

Beast Boy gazed in near awe at the two elegant ponies standing at the doorway.

“Princess Celestia! Princess Luna!” cried Twilight.


The two sisters walked through the courtroom, and all gathered bowed as they passed. Finally, they reached the stands and Celestia pointed at Beast Boy and proclaimed “This is not Changeling.”

The courtroom echoed with gasps. “Begging your majesty’s pardon, I presume you have evidence?” asked the judge.

“We do.” replied Celestia “Princess Luna…”

Her sister cleared her throat, “A few days ago, Princess Twilight Sparkle had written to us expressing concern of the magical gateway that is connected to the other world from our own; that it was suddenly activated through no known explanation.

“We only then had been sent reports claiming that the master thief, Changeling, had been apprehended, however, despite the physical resemblance, and that one would confuse this individual as the affirmed criminal, you can note the many differences…

-He has not the magic amulet with him
-He is missing is cloak and hood
-Though he has been identified, spotted by many of the townsfolk of Ponyville, has he committed any crimes which he has been charged with before you?”


These made every pony including the witnesses realize that he hadn’t done any such things. He even refused people handing him their money and saddlebags and all else, and he acted as though he were really lost.

Still, this was not really enough evidence to suggest otherwise.

Celestia then approached Beast Boy, and he backed away from her, slumping deeper into his seat.

“Don’t be afraid. I won’t hurt you.” she closed her eyes, and concentrated hard, until her horn and her mane were glowing brightly.

Twilight recognized this spell; she had been trying to perfect it herself but hadn’t succeeded. “The spell of seeking purity.” she said “She’s feeling for the goodness and pureness within him. The brighter she glows, the more pure the subject is or capable of.”


Everyone could tell by this point that this pony was definitely not Changeling. How would there possibly be that much good for a criminal reputed to be that horrid.


Celestia stopped glowing and opened her eyes. More than convinced she declared “This pony is found innocent of all charges, and is free to go.”

She then used her magic to vanish the shackles round Beast Boy.

The judge agreed, and officially banged her hoof dismissing everyone. Many ponies began to clear the courtroom. Some were ashamed and felt guilty for having accused the wrong pony and others were worried and upset knowing the real thief was still at large.

Only the princesses, the Mane six and Spike remained, but Beast Boy, he was virtually speechless. “I… I don’t know what to say.”

Celestia smiled at him and lifted his chin by her hoof “It’s alright; you have nothing to fear now.”

Never before had he seen such honesty, and from such a gorgeous creature. He felt like he was literally being touched by an angel.

He began to cry softly, and Celestia hugged him warmly to soften him and ultimately prove she meant no harm. “You’ll be alright.” she whispered to him.