• Published 7th Dec 2016
  • 1,313 Views, 101 Comments

Friendship is Failure #3: Beast Boy in Equestria - DakariKingMykan



An evil pony switches places with Beast Boy landing both Beast Boy and the human world in great danger

  • ...
86
 101
 1,313

Chapter 9: Friendship is Silly

CHAPTER NINE

Beast Boy was invited back to Rainbow Castle, and all the ponies wished to make it up to him for all the trouble he had just suffered.

He was treated to a good banquet, though he requested vegetarian dishes. He even ate a dandelion salad with oats and fodder, which seemed to taste great to him as he was a pony.

Rarity even gave him a little bit of a new look, but trimming and restyling his mane shorter, and cropping his tail so other ponies would not confuse him as Changeling. “I really wish I could do more for you.” she said “Can you ever forgive me?”

Beast Boy thought about it deeply, “Well, sure… considering I’m in a strange world, surrounded by talking horses, and I was treated horribly and nearly sentenced for crimes I didn’t commit… but… Okay. I’ll try.”

She smiled at him and pecked his cheek, much to Spike’s jealousy.


Soon, everyone was gathered at the map-table, the royal sisters headed the meeting as they wanted to hear Beast Boy’s story of how he ended up in Equestria.

He told them pretty much the basic stuff…

“Back where I come from, I used to be a butt-kicking superhero, a member of the Teen Titans. I could turn into almost any animal you could think of.”

“Any animal?” asked Fluttershy “That’s incredible!”

“Incredible?!” cried Rainbow “That is downright AWESOME!!”

Pinkie bounced excitedly going, “Can you become a dog, no a cat… ooh, how about an elephant and a giraffe?”

The three princesses gave her a look telling her to calm down. “I don’t believe his regular powers work here anyway.” said Princess Luna “He is merely a unicorn version of himself.”

Beast Boy tried and tried to morph, but he concentrated a little too hard and ended up shooting a beam of magic through one of the stain glass windows.

“Sorry…”

He did think it was kind of cool that he couldn’t do magic, but he decided to try and keep it easy before causing another accident.



“I guess that explains a lot…” said Twilight, and she looked back at Celestia whom concurred with her theory, “Yes, there can be no doubt. Changeling must be in the human world, and he sent Beast Boy back in his place hoping we could mistake him for Changeling, thus sparing himself from being hunted down.”


Beast Boy was still finding it difficult to soak in all these fascinations. “But he looked just like me…” he pointed out “And now I look just like him. What’s with that?”


Twilight explained as best she could, “Basically all I can say is, every creature that lives here in Equestria has an alternative version of themselves in your world, or vice-versa.”

This astonished Beast Boy, and even more so when Twilight showed him a few picture of all her human friends from Canterlot High, including her actual Human counterpart.

“Every time, I look at this, it makes my head spin.” said Applejack.

“I really we could go and meet them all.” added Rainbow.

“Perhaps someday you will.” Celestia assured them “To be honest, I wouldn’t mind meeting my own human version.”

Judging by the photo and the stories Twilight explained, it became clear to Beast Boy that though humans and their Equestrian counterparts resembled one another, they did not share every single solitary detail, trait, or personality.

Spike’s counterpart was a dog, not a dragon.

Celestia and Luna’s humans were not monarchs of an entire land, but rather ordinary mild-mannered managers of a High-School.

Even Twilight’s own human was a nerdy girl interested more in sciences and physics, and while that was almost the same as Princess Twilight’s study of magic and things, it still wasn’t total.


… But all that was beside the point.


“So if Changeling’s in the human world…” said Spike “Shouldn’t we be making plans to go and get him?”

“I think you’re right, Spike.” said Twilight “Who knows how many awful things he’s already done.”


“Count me out.” said Beast Boy.

There was a brief silence and everyone gawked at him deeply.

“Whatever do you mean?” asked Rarity.

“Count… me… out. That’s what I mean.” replied Beast Boy “Even if I can go back to my world, I’m not sure I should, but I know for a fact that I don’t even want to.”

More concern followed.

“But… you said you were a superhero; a Teen Titan.” said Rainbow. Beast Boy shook his head, “I said I USED to be. I’m not anymore, I gave it up.”

Everyone gasped.

“You what?!” snapped Pinkie.

“I gave it up.”

“YOU WHAT…?!”

“I said I-- ugh, never mind.”


Twilight approached him and asked, “Did you and your teammates have some sort of fight?”

Beast Boy looked at her with a strange expression and said “Complete and postal fallout” doesn’t even begin to describe. I don’t care if ever see any of them, or Jump City ever again.”


All of the ponies, even Pinkie Pie could tell there was a serious friendship problem going on.

“Well, I reckon you came to the right place after all.” said Applejack.

“Yeah, we can help fix your friendship problem, cuz friendship is what we do best.” added Pinkie.

“I’m sure everything will be alright.” said Fluttershy.

All the other ponies seemed to agree, especially Twilight, but much to their shock Beast Boy scoffed at the very idea. “Forget it.”

Everyone was staring at him again with deep concern, “You make it sound like you can solve all my problems with simple friendship.”

“Well, it’s what we believe in.” said Twilight “Our motto is “Friendship is Magic.”

Everyone else nodded in agreement, and Twilight along with the two sisters used their magic to show him a little of what they mean through magical images and a small song.

Beast Boy began to laugh softly.

“What’s so funny?” Twilight asked.


“Friendship… is Magic?” Beast Boy said, trying to contain his laughter, “No offense but… that has got to be the silliest concept I’ve ever heard.”

The friends began to express more concern between each other than ever, figuring something extremely bad must have happened to Beast Boy to make him act the way he was.

“Look, I just don’t want to go back, and I really don’t want to talk about it.”


Celestia gave sympathy to Beast Boy, and she walked over to him and spoke softly and kindly to him. “If you don’t wish to go back, no one will force you to do anything. We will give you all the time you need.”

Beast Boy smiled sadly at her, but he felt just a little grateful.

“Still, we cannot simply ignore the dangers that Changeling is still loose in the human world.” added Luna “Perhaps you will at least tell us anything you know that may help us.”


Beast Boy agreed to that, and Twilight levitated over to him a parchment and a loaded quill asking him to write down every detail.

Unfortunately, he had a little trouble getting started, seeing as he couldn’t effectively pick up the quill in his hoofs, and he didn’t dare try to use any magic; not wanting to cause another accident.

“Um… I think I should handle this.” Spike said as he took the quill and parchment. Beast Boy explained to him everything he knew about Changeling, including where his cave of stolen goods were, and also to beware of his magic amulet. “I really don’t know how powerful that thing really is; I only had a taste of it before I ended up here.”

As Spike took down the notes and the royal sisters listened into every detail… Twilight and her friends were talking quietly.

“I’ve never seen someone so downtrodden about friendship before.” said Twilight.

“Nor have I.” added Rarity “Whatever happened to him must’ve been really bad that he wouldn’t want to go back.”

“I think he’s just scared.” said Rainbow “Maybe if he unwinds here after a few days, he’ll want to go back.”

Applejack didn’t feel so optimistic “It’s already been a few days, and he’s been through more than a lone apple in a worm colony.”

Pinkie Pie opened her mouth to say something, which everyone caught on and said “No Parties!”

“Ah, shucks!” grumbled Pinkie. “Well, I haven’t any other ideas. What can we do to make Beast Boy feel comfortable?”


The number-one thing of all on everyone’s mind was where he was going to stay. Twilight wanted to put up with him, but she knew she’d have to speak with the royal sisters of an upcoming mission to the human world.

“Um… I… what I mean is--” Fluttershy stammered “…I could take him in. I mean… if it’s alright with the rest of you…?”

The others approved of the idea straight away. She was soft-spoken, calm and gentle, and an animal caregiver; exactly all the things Beast Boy could use given his situation.

Soon, the sisters had to leave, and Twilight had work to do as well. The ponies even told their majesties of Fluttershy’s volunteer to look after Beast Boy. “Well, if Beast Boy has no objections…?” Celestia asked while looking upon him.

He merely shook his head saying “It’s okay… I could use a place to stay.”

“Very well then…” said Celestia, and she gazed at all the ponies, “…I’m trusting all of you not to make things too difficult for him. Remember, he is still strange to our world.”

The ponies all agreed, especially Fluttershy. “I’ll take good care of him, your majesty.”

The sisters nodded, and then they flew out the open window, which Beast Boy accidently smashed, magically restoring it on their way out.

“Dude…!” cried Beast Boy “…Magic seems to be everywhere in this place.”

The ponies could see Beast Boy was going to have some wild time understanding their world.

Author's Note:

Sorry to spoil, but it'll save you disappointment...

I have no intention of bringing out the other titans pony counterparts, nor do I intend to have the other Titans nor Terra go to Equestria either.

There's just no room for that with what I have planned, and besides... the title is "BEAST BOY... In Equestria." This is HIS adventure, as well as a punishment fic