• Published 7th Dec 2016
  • 1,313 Views, 101 Comments

Friendship is Failure #3: Beast Boy in Equestria - DakariKingMykan



An evil pony switches places with Beast Boy landing both Beast Boy and the human world in great danger

  • ...
86
 101
 1,313

Chapter 2: Ever Growing Pains

CHAPTER TWO

That same morning in Equestria, Twilight and Spike were out on their constitutional walk around Ponyville.

Twilight took a deep sniff of the air, “Ahh… I love the smell of the morning air.”

“Absolutely...” Spike agreed, then his tummy rumbled “But I’d like the smell of breakfast even more.”

Twilight giggled, “Me too.”

Along the way to the nearest café, they noticed Pinkie Pie go about with a detective hat on her head, a magnifying glass clutched in her hoof and she was snooping around and virtually everything she spotted; peering under rocks, behind shrubs, even looking in garbage cans.

Finally, she saw Twilight and Spike… practically closing in on them under the end of her magnifying glass nearly touched Twilight’ muzzle

“Um, Pinkie Pie, what are you…?”

“Shhhhh…!” Pinkie said “I’m hot on the trail, I’m looking for clues that’ll lead me to find and capture Changeling.” She held out one of the wanted posters “If I get that reward money, I’m going throw you all the biggest party I’ve ever thrown.”

A pony passed by on her way into town, and Pinkie stopped her and began to question her. “Alright, talk the talk missy. Where’d you pinch the hooch? Is some big dawg hiddin’ under your bed…?”

The pony felt shocked and confused, but Twilight intervened. “I’m really sorry about this.”

The pony went on her way, and Twilight and Spike glared sternly at Pinkie. “What? I was in the moment.” her stomach growled, “Now I’m in the hungry moment.”

They decided to let her come with them to breakfast, and after they ate they all felt a little better. Spike belched softly, “Oops… sorry.”

The girls didn’t mind, and Pinkie was the eager to get back on the case, and Twilight decided to venture off alone with Spike, both of them not wanting to be embarrassed by Pinkie’s antics.

“Just don’t be disappointed if some-pony else finds him first.” Twilight said. “Oh, I won’t be…” Pinkie said “I’m going to find him first, so why would I be disappointed?

Oh, a witness. Hey you…!” then she bounced off.

“You really think we should leave her alone?” asked Spike.

Twilight felt it was for the best and hoped Pinkie would tired out of it soon enough.

Suddenly, Twilight felt a shiver run down her back.

“What’s wrong?” asked Spike. “I just got that weird feeling… that somewhere, something isn’t going right.”

“Here she goes again.” Spike said, but he said it himself.





In Jump City, Beast Boy decided to go for a long, long walk and search through whatever was left of his feelings while singing a sad song to himself…

As he walked along the streets while singing, he was saddened by the many changes he saw in the city…

Like that new giant office complex that got rid of his favorite candy store…

The video store that had closed down, a large board in front of it shown it was going to be made into a hardware store, hardly of any use or joy to him.

Then there were more changes he hadn’t noticed. The bowling alley was closed down to be converted into a Scrap-Metal Dealers. The skate park was already demolished to make way for yet another new office high-rise. Why, even the broken-down amusement park by the piers had finally been all scraped and replaced with a warehouse for boat shipping.

More and more of Beast Boy’s usual favorite hangout places were being replaced by places of business or of things that were not for him, and the more he looked he was seeing fewer and fewer places to have fun

And to add insult to injury, as he walked along, hardly anyone seemed to look his way, or welcome him back to town after months of fighting The Brotherhood of Evil.

…it was like he was invisible.


Finally, reaching the park, the one of very few places that remained untouched by the changes, and he sat down a bench.

Four kids came running along, all having Teen Titan figurines.

“I have Robin. He’s cool.”

“I have Starfire. She’s cute.”

“I have Cyborg. He rocks.”

“I have Raven. She’s magical.”

The kids all ran past Beast Boy, again, hardly noticing him, and the fact that none of them had a Beast Boy figurine, or even mentioned him…!

…All he could do was hang his head low down, and sit by himself as the song finally ended.


Only right then…

“Hey, Brat boy…!”

He looked up and saw two familiar girls, Terra’s friends from school; Jackie, the redhead and Jillian the black girl “What do you think you’re doing here?” Jillian snorted at him.

“I’m just sitting.” Beast Boy said “What is that a crime?”

“Um… yeah… that’s our bench.” said Jackie “So beat it!”

“Yeah! Get lost, Brat Boy!” sneered Jillian.

He felt his patience starting to wane. “First: It’s Beast Boy! Second: I was here first… and this is a public bench!”

The girls only responded by pushing him off the bench and to the ground and people nearby who saw it just laughed at him rather than scolded the mean girls!

Nothing would have please him more than to string the girls up a lamppost by their skirts, but not wanting to cause trouble between civilians, he decided it best to just walk away.

“Look at the geek walk off.” Jackie mocked.

“Yeah, he’s more chicken.” Added Jillian, and she and her friends started to cluck and flap about to tease him more. “If I’m chicken, why are you two flapping and clucking…?” he called back to them.


The girls froze and looked in shock and felt deeply offended, some of the people even laughed at them.

The girls were not willing to let him get away with this…



From within the shrubs, a pair of shadowy eyes peered through the leaves, having seen everything and began to figure “I may be able to use this to my advantage.”

He snickered softly, only to be interrupted by a rouge Frisbee landing in the shrubs.

The guy who threw it dashed over, and grabbed the Frisbee. Surely even he could have seen someone hiding in the shrubs, but there was no one there at all.


At the same moment, another guy ordering a hotdog from a vendor was just getting a napkin, and while his back was turned, someone wearing a long black cloak and hood snatched the hotdog and just disappeared, and when the guy and the vendor turned to see the hotdog was gone… they couldn’t understand it.



As Beast Boy turned a corner, he bumped into someone else coming round the other way…

…Terra!

They both gazed into each other’s eyes.

Then he looked away from her and quickly got up, but he couldn’t resist being kind and offered his hand to help her up.

“Thanks…” she said softly.

“Eh…” was all he could say and he turned away walking up the street, while all she did was stare at him until he was out of sight. All she could picture was that miserable expression on his face-- the look of emptiness in his eyes, and the spiritless tone in his voice.

She thought back to their last meeting at her school, and how she told him to let her be and live the normal life she wanted.

“I’m sorry, Beast Boy.” she said to herself, “I know you’re hurting, but it’ll get better soon for both of us. At least I won’t be able to hurt anymore.”


“Yo…!” called a voice and she looked back and saw her two friends jogging up to her. She smiled and was glad to see them, and walked off to school together, which wasn’t far from where they were.

As they walked along, Terra looked back and saw what she thought was a green butterfly, and that maybe it was Beast Boy stalking her again, but it was just her mind playing tricks on her as the butterfly was actually blue and wasn’t Beast Boy at all.

“You okay?” Jackie asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Terra said, but her friends were not convinced and wondered if she was actually thinking of “that green guy” again.

Whether or not, the two of them were already planning to get back at him for insulting them and sitting on their bench in the park.


Meanwhile, Beast Boy had flown up to a high-rise rooftop and was unable to face that he had just run into Terra again. “Snap out of it, dude!” he said to himself “Give her space. Let her be!”

All he did was end up hurting himself inside and a couple tears fell from his eyes, splashing on the ledge of the roof and standing his gloves.

He was snapped out of his trance when his communicator went off and Robin called to him “Come in, Beast Boy! We need your help!”

It was a break in at the First National Bank.

Beast boy wiped his tears away and replied “I’m on my way!” Then he turned into a falcon and flew over the town, but for the quickest way he had to fly over the Murakami School, and he could Terra and her two friends heading inside, which began to shake up his sadness again.

Still, he just kept on going. His team needed him!