• Published 7th Dec 2016
  • 1,313 Views, 101 Comments

Friendship is Failure #3: Beast Boy in Equestria - DakariKingMykan



An evil pony switches places with Beast Boy landing both Beast Boy and the human world in great danger

  • ...
86
 101
 1,313

Chapter 20: Come Fly with me

CHAPTER TWENTY

Beast Boy and the Equestrians crept their way through town and made it to the Air-Show which took place in a large air-field, hiding behind some shrubs which they could pick up and move.

The waited until no one was watching, and slunk about. Pinkie Pie accidentally bumped into Applejack. “Watch where you’re goin’?” she grumbled softly.

“Sorry.”

“Keep it down!” Twilight called quietly.

"This is terrifying!" cried Rarity "Would it not be easier simply to buy a plane ticket and then make it to Jump City?"

Everyone gave her a cross expression. "Don't be daft!" sneered Rainbow.

"She's right," agreed Beast Boy "We don't have the money to pay for tickets, we haven't got any passports, and even if we had, we DON'T have the time to wait hours upon hours! We need to get to JC fast, and this is only way possible."

Rarity sighed, but she didn't like the idea of stealing!


Once they were safely inside, they all discarded the bush disguises and still crept around. Everything was all getting setup. Planes, Jets and choppers were all being fueled up and fitted with smoke-blowers to make pictures in the skies. Air Balloons were being filled and tied off.

Their plan was to hijack a fast plane that could take them all to jump city, and they had their eyes set on the perfect one; an Ilyushin Il-76. It was big enough to carry all of them and with a fast speed of 900 kph, it would get them all to Jump city they fastest. all the other planes weren't big enough to carry all of them, and the couldn't fly fast enough, or make the distance without having to land for refueling.

“I really do not take kindly to the thought of stealing an aircraft like this.” complained Rarity.

Beast Boy sighed and said, “If you have any other suggestions to get us to J.C fast enough, I’m all ears.”

All the Equestrians couldn’t disagree, but Rainbow did point out “Look at all the guards and Airforce guys around. How are we going to get through this?”

Beast Boy had no clue, until he noticed the sing next to the Il-76 which read: “Preserved for Skydivers.” Then he noticed the shed they were leaving against was the “Skydivers Change Room.”

“Maybe I do have some good luck after all.” he said to himself.

He changed into a spider and crawled up the tall wall, through an open-window. No one else was inside.

He unlocked the door from inside and ushered everyone to come on and quickly get suited up in jump-outfits and take parachute packs with them, which they did and then silently snuck back out again.


The Il-76 was all fueled up as they could all see the technicians leaving the plane, right near one of the runways, but there were still two air-force guards at the ramp of the plane keeping a tight watch over it.

“Great! Now what?” groaned Rainbow “There’s no way we can get past those guys.”

Even Beast Boy didn’t have an idea out of this one, but Spike had a thought. “Twilight put me down.”

“What?”

“I’ll make them chase me.”

“What?!” snapped Twilight “Spike, that’s crazy! What if you get caught?”

“Darling, I agree with Twilight.” agreed Rarity, and she began patting his furry head, “Oh, if any of those bad me harmed one cute wittle hair on your wittle head.”

As much as Spike liked Rarity's affection or concern for him, and Twilight’s concern, he knew what he had to do, and actually slipped through Twilight’s arms. “Spike!” cried Twilight, but Spike had already dashed down the corner barking furiously at the guards.


“Hey! It’s loose dog!”

“Where’d he come from?”


The guards began to chase Spike calling to him to come, but Spike continued to lead the men, chasing him round and round the plane.

“Wow, look at him go!” cried Pinkie Pie.

“At’a boy, Spike.” added Applejack.


Suddenly, Spike was cornered with both men facing him either way… exactly what he wanted. He waited for the men to charge for him, and then he zipped off at the last moment causing the men to bump head-first in one another, and out cold.

“He did it!” cried Fluttershy. Even Twilight was proud, and worried for him all at the same time.

“Let’s move!” Beast Boy said, and he and the girls made their way to the no unguarded plane and made it safely onboard. Beast Boy even dragged the two men onboard with him.

“Are you crazy?!” snapped Applejack.

“Trust me; they’re better off with us.” He said, and then he told the girls to guard them while he made his way to cockpit and began to fire up the engines, using his knowledge from flying in the T-ship.

“Come on, hurry up!” cried Pinkie.

“I need to wait for the engines to warm up!”

This worried him as it was going to be very noisy, and maybe alert the authorities. “I got this…” said Twilight, and she concentrated hard, and her ground began to glow, and cast a pink light on the entire plane. All at once, there wasn’t a single sound. No engines roaring, no vibrations. Nothing!

“It’s a spell of silence, but it won’t last very long.”

Beast Boy thought that was amazing, and soon he had all the systems working. “Okay, strap down! We’re moving out!”


Everyone quickly strapped down into their seats. Fluttershy whimpered fearfully. All of the ponies were actually fearful, having never ridden in a plane before as there weren’t any in Equestria.



Despite that the plane was making no sound, as it began to move onto the runway, half the gaurds and staff at the airfield noticed and sounded the alarms.

“The Il-76…!”

“It’s moving!”

“Alert the ground control!”


Ground controls set themselves up at the end of the runaway, and the control-tower called to Beast Boy on the radio, ordering him to cease and stop the aircraft. Of course Beast Boy ignored them and continued onward, making the plane pick up speed. “Here we go!!” he called to the passengers.

All the others held on tightly. Rarity breathed nervously into a paper bag, and Spike curled deeply into Twilight’s arms as the plane rose off the ground. That’s when Twilight’s spell wore off and the noise suddenly exploded out.


After climbing several thousand feet, Beast Boy leveled off the plane, and they were on their way. “Yeah…! Alright…!” he cheered “Look out, J.C here we come!”

“Uh… Beast Boy…!” Twilight hollered from in back “Glad you got us up, but you have to fly the other way.”

Beast Boy checked the compass and could tell she was right. They were heading north, and Jump City was to the south. “Hang on!” he called back, and gave the wheel a huge turn, nearly flipping everyone over as he steered the plane in the right direction.

“Hey!” Rainbow yelled “Careful, Beast Boy!”

“Sorry, I’m not used to flying planes like this.”

This really made all the others worry, but at least they were on their way.

Applejack felt a little green around the cheeks. “Ugh’ll… I think I’m gonna blow apple chunks!”

“Oh, here try these salty peanuts I found.” said Pinkie “they’re really salty and chewy. They make their own peanut butter in your mouth.”

Applejack only felt worse, and grabbed Rarity’s bag, letting it out.

“Oh, Applejack, that is repulsive!” whined Rarity.

Applejack said nothing, but just let out a soft groan.


About halfway through the journey, they ran into more trouble as Twilight peeked out the rear window and saw two air force jets heading their way.

“Oh, great!” snarled Beast Boy.

The jets caught up to them in no time, and one of the pilots contacted them through the radio. “Attention! This is the U.S Air-Force Patrol. You are ordered to turn about and return to the Canterlot airfield! If you do not comply with our orders, we will be forced to take extreme measurements.”

Beast Boy picked up the radio and explained the situation and the importance of the mission, “If we don’t get to Jump City fast, it could mean certain disaster for all involved.”

The pilots weren’t sure if whether or not they could believe such a story. “I’m sorry, but our orders remain. If you do not comply, we will be forced to shoot you down. You have One minute!”

Beast Boy then gazed back at Twilight hoping she could do something, but she shook her head indicating she couldn’t do anything.

“We’re all gonna die! WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!!” screamed Pinkie

“Oh, I’m too beautiful to go down now!” cried Rarity.


This suddenly gave Beast boy an idea, and he called to the pilots. “I have hostages onboard!”


The Equestrians immediately bought into the gag. Beast Boy then held up the receiver, and they all cried out like frightened hostages begging not to be shot down. Then he called to the pilots, “You don’t want to cause any trouble here. So back off or else!”


The pilots fell for the trick, and immediately reduced height and flew off.


The Equestrians laughed softly, and then applauded each other for the performance. Beast boy was just relieved as it meant they could continue their quest in peace, but he just hoped things were not too bad in Jump City.