• Published 10th Oct 2017
  • 2,428 Views, 193 Comments

Does it matter if I am a changeling or not? - General Sparky



A changeling guard fled the changeling hive to find a new life. What she finds will change her view on what is the meaning of love and friendship and her view on Equestria as a whole..

  • ...
13
 193
 2,428

Story time (Part 4)

Chapter 13: Release the monster! (But which monster?)
As Night Light landed, he dropped Sparky off in front of a couple of Maus tanks. Rommel, who is sitting on top of Maus tank, looked at Night Light, smiling in delight as he brought Sparky to the designated area.
"Hello, Sparky, we meet again." Rommel said.
"Nice to see you too, Rommel." Sparky replied.
"Let's get to business. Sparky, you know what you are here for, right?" Rommel asked. Sparky nodded. Rommel looked at Night Light and nodded. Night Light took out a vial, filled with a blue liquid.
"Drink this. It will make your transformation smoother." Night Light said. Sparky drink the blue liquid and waited for something to happen. Nothing happened.
"Are you sure the potion is working?" Sparky asked. Night Light nodded. She was about to say something but was interrupted by the volley of tank shells that stuck her. None of the shells penetrated her scales but it did hurt a little. The dust produced from the shells hitting her blinded her view. She felt something entering her mind and her vision blacked out into nothingness.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hello, anypony there?" Sparky asked, looking at the black void that surrounded her. A creature came out of the void, it was a creature that looked exactly like her. The fangs, fins and tail is exactly the same. The other creature was smiling.

Sparky, haven't you suffered enough already? Those ponies called you weak, small, insignificant, don't you just want to yell at them, punish them for making such remarks?

"Who are you?"

I am you. The side of you that you can't bear to release.

"No, you can't be.."

I am your monster, Sparky. Trust me, I will be free and I will punish those that dare call you weak, tiny and helpless. After all, nobody bullies me. It is the other way around. Don't you like the smell of your atomic breath? Even better if you can fire it at those miserable ponies, am I right?

"No, I am not a monster! Not like you. I don't like destruction and I am not going to hurt anyone, especially my bullies."

You can tell that to yourself all you like Sparky. But you know what is the truth. Hiding your ability from everyone around you just so that they will not fear you. Just so that they will accept you into their society. To protect these ponies from my wrath, is an honorable act. But will they thank you? They will never accept you for who you are.

"No, it's not true."

You rather never grow up then become a monster, how admirable. You think that I do not know? You took a potion that prevents you from growing up.

"How did you know?"

I am you, I know everything you did. You really think that can stop me? While you are interacting with the changelings and your bullies, I have been here, growing in power and strength. I am the largest nuclear reactor you can get in a living body. I can produce more atomic breath than you could ever spend it. No need to thank me.

"Why, you monster!"

You are the monster. You really think that I am the monster? haha. You are a monster because of what you want. You wanted, even for the slightest moment, to grow up. You regret taking that potion, you want to be bigger, you want to destroy buildings, most importantly of all, you want everyone to fear you.

"I....I....I..."

Why? Speechless? You should be. So why do you not want to become me?

"Because I want to have friends!"

Did keeping me hidden all those years let you have friends?

"No...."

You want to become me, don't you.

"Yes! I want to be powerful. I want to breath unlimited atomic fire. I want to be the biggest monster ever around! I want to outgrow buildings! I want the freedom to be who I am instead of hiding it! I want to be a Monster, where everyone would fear me! I want to be respected and feared by all those who bullied me! No one would stop me!"

Good, then go ahead. Become the monster that you are! Don't care what they think, they will never appreciate it anyways.

"I AM A MONSTER!"

"SKREEEONGK"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sparky started to have a bright yellow glow, her eyes changed from blue to green, before exploding in size. She grew to an impressive height of 150m (492.126 feet). The tanks have been teleported away from Sparky before she grew in size.
That is when everything became a blur for Sparky. She has no control of her actions afterwards.

Several hours later......
"Blast that dragon out of the sky!" Sparky heard one pony shut. She looked around, everything was coming back to her.
Air burst shells explode all around Sparky. She looked down and saw numerous destroyed buildings below and that many Anti air cannons firing at her. She looked up and saw a black Night Fury carrying Sparky using his claws. Underneath his wings were his 'iconic' missiles. "Night Light, where am I?" Sparky asked in a daze of confusion. Night Light did not reply.
Night Light was determined to bring Sparky out of the firing range of the AA cannons that is firing at him. Air burst shells exploded past Night Light left and right, some came as close as 1m to him and yet he continued to fly. After flying further away from the AA cannons, he landed near a pond to rest. He dropped Sparky and flew gently downwards to touch the ground.
"Night Light, what happened?" Sparky asked.
"You don't know?" Night Light replied, showing concern in his voice. Sparky nodded.
"You become what you wanted. A monster that no one could stop. You went into the city and caused widespread destruction. The army was called in to engage you. Nothing the army could throw at you worked." Night Light said.
"Then what happened?" Night Light pointed his claw at her neck. Sparky looked at her neck. There was a star shaped pendant hanging around her neck.
"What is this? How did it end up around my neck?" Sparky asked frantically.
"That is a question that I won't answer."
"Why?"
"You are not prepared for the truth."
"Oh really, is that it?"
"Trust me, you are not ready for it."
"I am ready, just tell me the truth!" Sparky yelled.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes." Sparky said confidently.
"You turned into a monster on your own accord."
"How did you know that?"
"Do you really think you are the only one who has blue glow when charging up their main weapon?" Sparky stared at Night Light, he couldn't be suggesting that ......, but that is not possible.
"Yes, it is."
"No. It can't be. You can't have telepathic powers, that's not possible."
"You're right, I don't have telepathic powers. But I can enter your mind."
"What are you!?" Sparky questioned.
"I am a monster just like you."
"No. It can't be true. This is not real." Sparky said, as realization was beginning to hit her.
"If it is not true, then tell me another dragon which carries weaponry on their bodies!" Night Light retaliated.
"I was born a Night Fury, a creature which is the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself. But I can't do powerful plasma blasts like my father. I don't have the commanding presence that my father has. I possess the body of a Night Fury and none of its abilities." Night Light continued. "I carry these weapons to protect myself from other threats. I read your file, you are the most powerful creature in Equestria. When I was tasked to accompany you on this mission, I was proud. But you behave in a way that I did not expect from a creature with immense power."
"You are much more powerful than you realize. And yet you chose to be stuck in that little body, unwilling to use your powers."
"So you entered my mind and enraged me so as to let you make full use of my powers." Sparky concluded.
"Yes. I made you grew to that size, but I merely followed YOUR directive. You kept your needs hidden from everyone else, so I did what I had to."
"By destroying an entire city? Are you mad?"
"Even if I don't do it, you would. It is just a matter of time." Night Light stated.
"You create a huge loss of lives by using me as a weapon!"
"Don't you get it? You ARE a weapon of mass destruction!"
"No, This is not the truth. There must be another explanation."
"Don't you love seeing the city destroyed? Don't bother lying to me. When you were looking at the carnage, you had a smile on your face."
"I hate you! I am not the monster, I am not a monster. I am a kind creature, yes I am ......" Sparky murmured to herself.
Night Light shot a plasma blast at Sparky, knocking her off her balance and causing her to fall down.
"That is the truth whether you like it or not! You are lucky that your mom bothered to create a pendant to let you control your own powers!" With that he flew into the sky, disappearing into the clouds.
Sparky looked downwards at herself and noticed that the star shaped pendant stared back at her. For the first time, she was alone, all alone, with no friends for her to lie her head head on to cry.
"Your powers are a blessing and a curse." A mysterious voice said. Sparky turned around and saw perhaps one of the most beautiful creature she has ever seen. A grey mare with golden horn and wings stood behind her. She towered over Sparky at her current size. The alicorn in front of her was huge. The alicorn was almost twice the height of a normal pony and is almost as tall as a tank. And this is when the alicorn has four hooves on the ground. "Hello Sparky, I am Ditsy, and I am here to talk to you."

Author's Note:

1) This story is the exact same in Little Sparky's Journey
2) Readers interested in the full version can go to that website to find out more
3) There is a lot of Dialogue and Exposition in this segment, so please bear with me.
4) Originally, Night Light and Ditsy is going to be in the same chapter but I decided to split it in two.
5) We are approaching the end of this segment soon! Yay!
6) Please leave constructive criticism in the comments section below.
That is all, General Sparky, Out.