• Published 10th Oct 2017
  • 2,428 Views, 193 Comments

Does it matter if I am a changeling or not? - General Sparky



A changeling guard fled the changeling hive to find a new life. What she finds will change her view on what is the meaning of love and friendship and her view on Equestria as a whole..

  • ...
13
 193
 2,428

Caught in action

The next day

Sparky and Thorax woke up right next to each other.

"Thorax, why are you right beside me?" Thorax blushed and replied, "I have no idea."

Sparky said, "I guess it was the dream we had yesterday."

"You had that weird dream too? I thought it was just some crazy dream that my brain has created."

"Something is amiss." Sparky concluded.

Before they could continue the conversation, Derby knocked on the door and yelled excitedly, "Morning, Sleepy heads! Time to get up to eat breakfast."

"Thanks, Derpy!"

"You're welcome. See you guys down stairs!" Derpy replied with a smile on her face.

Downstairs

Derpy was munching on chocolate chip muffins when Thorax and Sparky walked down the stairs.

"Glad that you can join us!" Derpy said upon seeing Thorax and Sparky.

Thorax and Sparky walked towards the table quietly without talking to each other once.

"Okay then. Are you feeling better Sparky?" Derpy asked. Sparky replied by giving a faint nod before resuming eating her muffin.

"Why are you two so quiet? I thought you would be a little more talkative." Dinky randomly asked.

"I don't want to talk about it. Let's just say that we had a very weird night yesterday." Sparky said.

'Two dragons with the ability to enter dreams, Light and Night warn us that Derpy is an elite guard but she dosen't seem suspicious. If anything, her actions seem genuine. Who should I believe' Sparky thought to her self.

"Hello, Thorax to Sparky, are you there?" Thorax asked, seeing that Sparky seem to be in another world of her own.

'If Derpy is a royal guard and is protecting us, is it suspicious? But what if she is just waiting for the right moment to capture us and turn us in to the royal guards? But she is unequipped for the job. What if she has already surrender us to them and would be arrested immediately we step outside.I don't want to be kept in jail again. What if...'

"I am afraid that Sparky is now in the zone. This usually occurs when she have ...... oh never mind." Thorax said.

"When she have what?" Derpy asked.

"I don't think it will be appropriate for you guys to know."

"Why?" Dinky asked.

"It is very personal for her. I don't feel like revealing it for her."

"Oh, Okay."

"Dinks, finish your last bite, or you'll be late for school." Derpy said.

"Coming, Mom!"

"So where would you two be heading today?" Derpy asked Thorax.

"Maybe explore Ponyville a bit." Thorax replied.

"Okay. Here you go, you can use the spare house keys for when you want to go out and do a bit of exploring." Derpy said, passing Thorax the spare house keys.

A few moments later, Derpy and Dinky were out of the house and on their way to The Ponyville schoolhouse.

Thorax looked at Sparky, who was still in her own world. Thorax went over to Sparky's side and slapped her. That woke Sparky up from her own world.

"Ouch, Thorax, that hurts you know."

"Yah, but it is the only way to get you back here." Thorax reasoned. "So do you want to go and explore Ponyville today or do something else?"

"I think exploring Ponyville will be fine."

As they left the house, Light and Night came out of their hiding place. "Thanks Toothless for hiding us in the nick of time."

"You're welcome. But the pony you should really thank is Derpy. She built the mouse hole big enough so that I feel cozy."

"Really, how did you live with her anyway? She is a royal guard." Light asked.

"But not just any royal guard. She one of the nicest royal guard I have ever met. She raise me and took care of me like I was her own foal."

"I still don't trust her." Night said.

"You know you should. In fact she a U...." Toothless replied before getting cut off by Night.

"Are you sure? Like a you know what will act like that."

"Forget it. It just that she's different alright? Different from I guess everypony?" Toothless replied.

"Wait I hear something, do you hear it too?" Light asked.

The changelings is on the move, currently entering Ponyville market

"Oh no. The royal guard knows where they are, Now what do we do?" Night asked.

"Maybe Get Rommel. He may be able to help." Toothless suggested.

"Why? They do not need military assistance."

"I am pretty sure they need. Once the Royal Guards move in, you know what they will do to them."

"You can't mean... How do you know this?"

"A royal guard pony came by yesternight to check if there is any changeling sighting in the area." Toothless said truthfully.

"If that is so, we do not have much time. We need to go and get Rommel now!" Night concluded.

"Agreed." Light said. Light and Night flew away to get Rommel. Toothless tried to fly with them but immediately fall down.
"*sighs* Still need a rider." Toothless said, looking at his tail. Or more accurately one half of his tail and another half made by Derpy.

Meanwhile...

Thorax and Sparky is just exploring the Ponyville Market. It is so much more lively than the one back in the hive. There are stalls selling a variety of things. From food to jewelries. There are many ponies too, buying and selling goods. Sparky and Thorax has been in disguise looking at the things being sold but not being able to buy them due to the fact that they do not have any bits with them.

It was also very hard for them to stay in their disguise since there was so much love in the Market. They took in some Love energy while they are at it but not so much that it actually harms a pony. Unknown to them, there was a pegasi flying above looking at their movements. It wasn't very hard since they usually walked around in pairs.

As soon as they exit a large crowd of ponies, launch the darts.

Yes sir

A while later....

Thorax and Sparky exited the Ponyville Market. "I had a great time, don't you?" Thorax asked.

"Yes, I admit, I didn't expect Ponyville to be so lively." Sparky said.

Several pony dressed in royal guard armor apporched them. "Excuse sir and mdm, could you show me your identification card please?" The commander asked.

"Why? What's wrong?" Sparky asked.

"Nothing, it is just to check if there is any changeling presence here."

Sparky gulped. They had no form of identification to show these royal guards. Thorax look at Sparky as if asking, "What to do?"

Sparky sighed and drop her disguise. Thorax did the same.

"Changelings!!" The commander shouted. "Wh..at are you lings doing here?" The commander asked, recovering from the shock.

"Just cuff us and sent us to wherever you want. We don't want any trouble." Sparky said.

"Raise your hoof in the air!" The commander commanded. Sparky and Thorax did as they were told.

"Good. Now you two are now under arrest for committing crimes against Equestria. Cuff them." Two royal guards pull out their hoof cuffs and cuff Sparky and Thorax.

"Re disguise yourself. I don't want to draw a crowd." They did as they were told. They were escorted back to royal guard base at Ponyville and later transferred to a high security facility at an undisclosed location in the undiscovered west.

Changeling intercepted. Heading back to base

Later in the afternoon....

Clover and Chrysalis entered Derpy's house and found nopony inside. "Darn it, they must have been discovered. Quick, we have to find them."

"Cloves, Look closely, there is a note on the floor."

Sparky and Thorax have been escorted to the reasearch facility on the undiscovered west. Meet me there. Bring Bismarck and Indy there. I am planning a breakout. I will bring Light, Night and Mouse over. Signed: _Rommel_

May the Secret Unicorn bless them


A map for reference

Author's Note:

1) I'm back
2) A lot of action will happen in the next chapter.
3) The italicized phrases are communications between the Royal guards
4) The Secret Unicorn will appear.
That is all, General Sparky out.