• Published 10th Oct 2017
  • 2,428 Views, 193 Comments

Does it matter if I am a changeling or not? - General Sparky



A changeling guard fled the changeling hive to find a new life. What she finds will change her view on what is the meaning of love and friendship and her view on Equestria as a whole..

  • ...
13
 193
 2,428

Counter Attack

The crews of the Tripitz looked in horror as a creature rose out of the water to extinguish the flames on Bismarck before diving back into the water and making an underwater charge towards them. The crews turned the main guns towards the creature and fired on the waterline. Despite this, the creature was still heading for the ship. The captain ordered the crews to turn the ship 30 degrees port side, hoping to evade the path of the coming creature. But it was of no use. The creature was still on a collision course with Tripitz. As it was about to hit the ship, it turned around with great speed, missing the ship by mere meters and causing a huge wave of water to splash down on Tripitz's deck.

The creature rose from the water, staring down the little ship as if it was nothing more than a toy in its eyes. The crew open fire and launched salvos after salvos at it. To their surprise, the rounds have no effect on it and it just stood there, seemingly unimpressed by their actions. After a while, The captain ordered the ship to turn around and head back to base and let the creature be. As the ship turned around, the creature stare at it, her eyes zooming it on her target. When it started to look like the creature will not pursue Tripitz anymore, Tripitz went full speed ahead back to base. They had done their job and had returned victorious after their encounter with Bismarck.

As they were nearing their base, a blue light appeared above the ship, as if to celebrate their victory. But they were wrong, the blue light was a concentrated beam of atomic breath fired from Little Spark's mouth. As it passed the ship, a loud explosion could be heard as the bridge was destroyed, along with its radar and navigation system. It looked as if a line was drawn across the top part of the ship, causing the structures to collapse and fall on to the bottom of the ship, detonating the magazine and causing multiple explosions to occur throughout the ship. Many of Tripitz's crews failed to make it out of the ship as the ship slowly but surely fell below the waterline. The crew prepared for the worst as the water flooded the ship, leaving them no way out. They hold their breath and say their final goodbyes as water enter their nostrils, as they slowly blanked out of existence.

Except they didn't. The amount of water entering the compartments of the ship decreased at a fast rate as the ship was lifted above the waterline by Sparky. Sparky then carried the ship back to port. before releasing her grip on the ship, she emitted a green light from her horn and directed the light towards the ship, repairing the ship. The holes on the ship's hull was covered with loosely formed metal plates, the structures that Sparky destroyed was also replaced by her magic. After some time, the ship looked as good as new. Sparky place the battleship gently on the port with her huge claws. She proceeded to dive under water and swam towards the Equestrian mainland, as if nothing has ever happened.

The crews watched intensely as Sparky swam towards the mainland. As Sparky slowly disappeared from the water, the crew heaved a sigh of relief. They have survived an encounter with the beast. The crew disembarked from the ship and returned to their sleeping quarters. They have enough excitement for the night and it's time for them to get a good night's sleep.

Once Sparky has reached the Equestrian shores, she shrunk herself down to the size of a filly and transformed into a Light Fury before flying across the Equestrian Night sky, searching for her target.


Derpy's Bunker

Despite the intricate design of the bunker, Eris has a way to find his way around. His eyeball changed from black to yellow, allowing him to use Predator like senses. He sniff a small puff of air. The air was made of a dozens of different compound but he felt it. The scent of the thing he is looking for is right around the corner, then walk straight 5 meters, turn left and walk about 2 meters and his item was on the middle shelve. After some time, he has made it to the library section, where it contained thousands of books on Equestrian history. His eyes scanned the middle shelve carefully, reading the titles of each book in a row in mere seconds. In under 30 seconds, he has found his book on the fifth row, sixth book from the front and used his magic to teleport the book in his hooves.

The title of the book was: The day the Monster has fallen

Like many books, the titles are misleading. As Eris flipped through the pages, he found that it contains a lot of information about Sparky. A bit too much information. It provided descriptions of her abilities and her powers. It even contained an entire section on Sparky's lifestyle. However, most of the information was exaggerated to make ponies to believe that Sparky is really powerful. As he briefly read through its' contents, Eris was shocked to see that Sparky was depicted as a threat to Equestrian society. He turned towards the back of the book. To his surprise it was not written by Derpy, it was instead written by an anonymous pony, who has 'deep connections' to Equestrian High Command.

He then took down several main points on a small notepad before returning the book to its original place. This book was produced in mass back in the day. Shortly after Celestia rose to power. It must have been produced to convince everyone that Sparky was a threat but why? Eris thought to himself, time for some more investigative work.

He proceeded in the direction of another section of Derpy's bunker, the radar section. Using his senses, he made his way to the radar section in short time. The room contains a radar screen, tracking the movement of military assets of the Singapore Cavalry. Back at Singapore, they has dispatched another battleship, RSS Tripitz, on its way to Equestrian waters.

Reinforcements are coming. Eris quickly ran back to the surface and quickly got out of the bunker and entered Derpy's living room. Once he got out, he was faced by an angry looking Toothless and Derpy, as while as a angry Light Fury staring at him with full fury.


A while ago....

Toothless and Derpy looked at each other. They were tied to table and were unable to move any of their limbs. While Eris has tied their hooves/claws, Eris did not bother to cover their mouths, which means they were able to speak freely. Derpy used her eyes and pointed to Toothless mouth and open her mouth in let out a sustained "woo". Toothless got what she was saying and proceeded to open his jaws and gave a low sustained pur.

Not long after, a Light Fury burst through the doors of Derpy's house, and walked cautiously towards them. Once the Light Fury got to Toothless, she used her plasma blast to break the chains. After Toothless was free, Toothless nuzzled with the Light Fury. They started to exchange a series of pur, woos as they talked to one another. They looked like a couple that hasn't met in years, or even decades and found joy to see the other party.

"Ahem." Derpy said, drawing the attension of the two dragons. "I know you love her and all buddy but can you please get me out of these chains first?" Slightly embarrassed, Selena and Toothless worked together to burn the chains that Derpy was tied to. After breaking free from the chains, Derpy used her hoof to remove the magic suppressor on her horn.

"Now let's go get Eris." Derpy said, drawing out her long sword. As they prepare to enter the bunker to look for Eris, Eris suddenly popped out from the entrance.

Eris quickly armed his crossbow, ready to fire it, but was quickly subdued when Toothless and Selena charged at him, and lied on top of him, using their weight to hold him down. Derpy glared at Eris and pointed her sword at Eris, looking ready to kill the stallion without any thoughts or regrets.

Eris gulped as Toothless used his claws to lift him up and pin him against the wall, most likely after Derpy signal him to do so. "Eris, I am going to give you one chance to explain yourself for your actions today before I silt this pointy sword down your throat." Derpy said, as she walked up towards Eris holding up a long sword.

Eris gulped as Derpy draws her sword closer. Eris froze in fear as she started to slash her sword on Eris’s face, as if taunting her. Eris sighed as he knew he was defeated. “Fine, well, the reason for doing the things I did today is because of Sparky.”

“Really? Why would you go through all that trouble for her?” Derpy asked.

“So that I could have my best friend back.” Eris replied, while hanging his head low so that Derpy can’t see that tears were gathering at his eyes. It took a lot of effort for him to plan and execute this. He couldn’t bear the fact that it had fallen apart so quickly. Not just that, he has failed to achieve his primary objective.

“Why did you risk so much for her?” Derpy asked softly.

“She was my best friend, Derpy, you will never understand.” Eris replied.

“While she may be your best friend Eris, but that doesn’t mean that you should do these threatening acts to Equestria.” Derpy reasoned.

“You speak as if I have caused a great destruction to Equestria, but you are wrong. Your forces lack the operational readiness that is required to face even a small conventional army. How do you expect to deal with larger threats that Equestria have to face, Lieutenant.” Eris said with confidence. “A thousand year of peace does that to any army. So I gave it a little stimulus, so that they feel threaten and therefore will form a better fighting force should another crisis or threat arises. I am doing you a favour Derpy Hooves.”

“You speak as if I should thank you for your actions, which is killing most of my ponies when they are doing their job.”

“That’s one thing different between you and me, Derpy. I don’t kill to achieve my objectives.” Eris said. Derpy gripped her sword tight. She growled and showed panic and anger on her face.

“Derpy, may I do the honours?” Toothless asked, it was clear that the topic brought back bad memories for both parties. Derpy gave slight nod and Toothless started to open his mouth ready to fire his plasma blast at Eris.

Just as he was ready to fire, the door was busted open by a Light Fury. Her eyes gave off a bright golden and red hue, the mark of a predator protecting her ally.

A metal clang was heard when she appeared on the front door. Toothless and Selena released their grip on Eris and bowed at the sight of their Princess. Derpy also bowed as a sign of respect to her.

Eris calmly walked towards Little Spark and sat on top of her. “I never wanted to hurt anyone, Derpy. Your Daughter is in safe under the Canterlot Mountain. You will find them there. See you around, Derpy.” Eris gently tap Little Spark and they flew off, without leaving a trace.

Derpy sat down she took in the events that had just occurred. She used magic to remove her armour, and signaled for the two Night Furies to leave her alone. Selena and Toothless walked outside to have a conversation as they have not met up in a long time. Derpy heave a sigh of relieve, as the sun started to rise in the distance. Her eyes returning to their normal states. Her bubbly personality slowly came to the forefront and within a few minutes she was back to the cute and innocent mare that everyone know her as. As she prepared to head for Canterlot, she saw a bright silver light light in front of her, growing into a ball before vanishing into thin air. Right in front of her was Silver and she looked exhausted. Everypony that was captured by Eris was lying on the floor, deep in their dreams. Silver gave a brief look at Derpy before collapsing on the ground.

Derpy approached Silver's unconscious body slowly. Derpy looked in amazement as she noticed what Silver had on her back: A pair of wings. "Woah." Derpy muttered. You looked at the bright glowing sun as it rise against the horizon. Maybe there are some good things to come from this event.


Many, Many Years Ago......

"Daddy! Daddy! Look I got wings!" Derpy shouted in excitement as she ran down the corridor.

However, once Derpy enter his room, her father wasn't there, just a Light Fury trying to sit on his chair.

"Who are you? You are not my father." Derpy asked. The Light Fury got up and slowly walked towards her, inspecting her from a distance. The Light Fury walked slowly towards Derpy. Derpy simply stood there, not moving forward or backwards.
Once the Light Fury got close enough to Derpy, it sniffed her and placed its claws out as if giving her a hug. Derpy moved forward and put her hooves out and cautiously returned the hug. This continued for a while before they release the hug.

"Dad?" Derpy said, looking at the dragon in front of her. It nodded her head. Instinctively, the Light Fury fanned out its wings and grab Derpy. It slowly surround her in a warm embrace. Derpy looked up to meet the Light Fury's eyes and smiled. The Light Fury smiled back and nuzzled Derpy.


Derpy ran her hoof over Silver's mane, and gently kissed her on the cheek. Sleep well, my secret unicorn. Derpy proceeded to put everyone back on a bed. She climbed back on to her own bed as Toothless and Selena tucked her in. She closed her eyes and went to sleep, she needed one after such a long fight. Toothless and Selena position themselves next to each other, before falling to sleep.


"In time the world would know you, not as a monster but as a ally they can trust." Eris said, as Little Spark dropped him off somewhere in Canterlot.

Sparky gave a slight nod before flying back to the Everfree forest.

Everfree Forest

"Ouch, my head hurts." One of the Unicorn complained.

"Where are we?" Another questioned.

"Heh look, there's someone over there." One of the Unicorns said as they began to reorient their senses. He walked up to the figure and asked, "Who are you and what just happened?"

"You may call me Sparky, a firefight has occurred and you lost, terribly I might add." Little Spark said, her spines glowing bright green. "Be thankful that I gave you a chance to learn from this experience. Next time, I won't be so nice to resurrect you ponies from death."

The Unicorns gave a collective gasp at that statement.

"You can resurrect ponies from the dead? As if anyone would believe you." A Unicorn commented.

“You are free to believe what you want to believe. It’s okay if you don’t believe what I say.” Sparky replied. She then lit her horn and teleported them on to the repaired Bismarck.

“Stay here until I come back, okay?” Sparky told the Unicorn soldiers before jumping into the water, swimming towards the shore, leaving the soldiers to look at each other, unsure of what to do.


Rachel washed up the beach, her body drenched in water, stray seaweed dangling from her face. She walked on the beach looking back at the sea, expecting to see her ship sinking. To her surprise she saw her ship sailing proudly on the waves and that it suffered no battle damage. It looked as good as new.

She used her fore hooves to scratch her head as she tried to comprehend what has just happened. Something caught her eye, a small thing pushing the waves towards her. It was heading fast towards her, almost like a fired torpedo, making its way to its target. As the ‘torpedo’ got closer to her, Rachel started to make a run for it. As she was running away from the object, her hoof tripped on a small stone in the sand, causing her to trip and fall. Her mind was in a frenzy and she started to slowly push herself backwards with her back hooves.

The torpedo reached the sallow waters and exploded on the sand on the beach. The sand was force out of their positions, with some reaching 10 metres high before falling back down. A small, dark figure walked through the scattered sand particles and it was the shape of a dragon-like creature.

“Sparky, is that you?” Rachel asked, once she managed to noticed the very similar outline of her friend.

As the sand storm cleared, Bismarck saw Sparky smiling at her and replied, "Of course, Rachel. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Is..this for real..?" Rachel asked in disbelieve. Sparky walked up to Rachel and raised her claws to touch Rachel's cheek.

"Is this real enough for you?"

"But.... I don't understand, I thought you were...." Rachel said. Sparky lifted a single finger and placed it on Rachel's lips.

"Shh. No spoilers. Anyway I got a mission for you. I need you to bring the Unicorns back to HQ." Little Spark said.

"Got it. I assume you are the one who fixed my ship?" Rachel asked.

"The one and only." Sparky replied confidently.

"Will I ever see you again?" Rachel asked.

"Of course, my dear." Sparky said, smiling at her friend. "Need a ride?" Rachel nodded vigorously.

Rachel hopped on to Sparky's back. Sparky jumped into the water and reached the ship is record time. Rachel boarded the ship and sailed away. Meanwhile Sparky swam back to shore.

She stood, admiring the sight before her. The shadow of Bismarck sailing underneath of Celestia's sun was just breathtaking. After the ship left her sight, Sparky suddenly collapse on the floor.

She tried to pull herself up, but it was too straining to do so. Her time of being small was up. It was time to return to her normal size. She rolled herself to the sea and swam as far as possible.

A few moments later, she rapidly increase in size, filing up the celestial sea. When it was over, she stood up. She has transformed back into a Light Fury. An enormous one, I might add. She idly stretched her wings. Her wings manage to hit the beachhead from both sides of the sea. She sighed. She tilt her head left and right. She could fit the entire Dragonland on the palm of her claws, and could fit entire cities on her back.

She quickly teleported back to the Pacific Ocean, underneath the South China Sea. She used her claws to grab her carrier and slept on it.

"Eris, Sparky has grown again!" Melowy complained.

"Let her be. She had a tough time in Equestria." Eris said, sympathizing with Little Spark

"Fine. I am warning you, if she ever grows again I am not going to be her bed, you understand?!" Melowy warned.

"As if you will actually do it. Also don't contact me again until Little Spark is awake, I am taking her position now." Eris replied before turning off his radio.

"Roger." Melowy said.

Eris into the room Sparky was sleeping in and removed the illusion. He than transform himself into a female changeling and tugged in beside Thorax. Eris blinked at the readers before closing his eyes and falling to sleep.

Author's Note:

1) Although known for her destructive streaks across different platforms, she does have the capability to heal creatures and rebuild structures that she destroyed.
2) Melowy is the name of both the carrier and ponysona of it
3) Melowy is 300 metres in length and Little Spark is 1000 meters tall. So... Little Spark is 3 times bigger than her own carrier/bed.
4) Sorry I kinda rushed things for this chapter
5) What do you guys think? Leave your constructive comments in the comment section down below.
That is all, General Sparky out.