• Published 10th Oct 2017
  • 2,426 Views, 193 Comments

Does it matter if I am a changeling or not? - General Sparky



A changeling guard fled the changeling hive to find a new life. What she finds will change her view on what is the meaning of love and friendship and her view on Equestria as a whole..

  • ...
13
 193
 2,426

Memories part 2

"A battleship and a battlecarrier is the same class of ships, both carry large guns and aircraft." -5 star General, Clover the Clever, during the commissioning of ESS Independence.


"Little Spark, Wake up wake up wake up!" A high pitched voice called.

"Urg, what happened?" Sparky asked, still confused about the situation.

"What happened is that you pass out and came here!" A dragon exclaimed.

"What? Pass Out? Who are you?" Sparky asked.

"You don't recognize me?"

"Erm... not really?" Sparky replied hesitantly.

"Well, you should. I waited more than a thousand years to see you again. I am your Dragon."

"Still no recall, what is your name, dragon?" Sparky asked, trying her best to remember if she even had a dragon.

"I am night fury, does that name sound familiar?"

"Not really. Why are you here anyway?"

"I am here because I like to see you obviously." Night Fury said.

"And why do you want to see me exactly?"

"It is complicated you see. It is quite hard to find you and that your mother does not want me to see you. Probably that is why you don't remember me." Night Fury said. An awkward silence followed.

"Spark? Are you okay? Did I just blow your mind or something?"

"You sort of blow my mind with the information you said but other than that I am fine, at least I think so."

"Well, if you are fine, then I suppose we can go look for Thorax. He is just next door."

"What do you mean by 'just next door'?"

"I thought you would know that we are in the dream scape, and that Thorax is sleeping right next to you."

"Say what now?"

"Never mind, just grab my claw and I will take you to Thorax, he should have met Light already."

"Who is Light? You know what, I don't want to know."

"Don't worry, we'll meet her later." Night Fury said, while taking Sparky's hoof and going through an invisible door.


In Thorax's dream....

"Thorax, wake up!"

"Let me sleep for five more minutes, Chrysalis."

"Oh come on, I waited a thousand years and I am not letting you sleep any longer."

"Whatever." Thorax replied, uninterested in anything but getting some rest.

Light proceed to wake Thorax up by biting him with her sharp teeth.

"Hey! What what that for?" Thorax shouted, surprised by the the action. Being bitten was probably not the best way to wake some pony up but at least it works.

"You do not wake to wake up so I bit you and now you are awake. No need to thank me."
Thorax grunted in response

"Come on, don't make sound like it is a bad thing."

"Well, fine, I'm up, what do you want so we can get this over with."

"Well, I have been waiting quite a while to see you!"

"Really?"

"Yes, trust me it took me a while to find you."

"Okay, so what do you want to do now?"

"Wait for Night and Spark to come here."

A bright light blinds Thorax as Sparky and Night Fury come inside their current location.

Sparky and Thorax stare at each other as the event in front of them unfold

"Now, let's get to business." Night Fury announced. "We are here to warn you."

"Warn us? About what?" Sparky asked.

"You know that Derpy is a royal guard right?" Day asked.

"Yes, why has that to do with anything?" Thorax commented.

"Let's just say that our experience with royal guards are not well, in fact we absolutely hate them!" Night exclaimed, causing Thorax and Sparky to recoil back.

"But why? Of all places you chose to be in a royal guards' house?"

"Well, it's a long story..." Sparky started to reply but was cut off by Night Fury.

"I don't want hear it! I don't trust them. You never know when that guard over there will just turn her backs and inform the Internal Security Department (ISD) about you." Night Fury stopped, his eyes looking deeply at Sparky, "I just want to protect you, I just can't go through it all again, not again."

"Look, I suggest you to run while you still can." Light said.

"Why? Just because she is a royal guard, doesn't mean we can't trust her!" Sparky retaliated.

"Besides, you two are technically invading our dreams, so why should we trust you instead of Derpy?" Thorax said.

"Then tell me, don't you find it a little bit suspicious that a royal guard is haboring you?"

"Not really."

"Let me tell you why is she suspicious. She is a marksmen despite having weird eyes, she is a 2nd Lieutenant of the Equestrain Guards, which is an elite group of guards trained to handle the the 6 inch cannon of the Equestrain armed forces. And to top it off, she's a dogfigther, which is basically guards who passed the Pegasi special operations training.The lists goes on. So tell me why shouldn't I find her suspicious?" Night Fury said, his eyes glaring daggers at Sparky.

Sparky contemplated about responding to Night Fury's statement. Thorax took notice of this and remained silent, trying to piece together the information he just gathered.

"Why are you so concerned about us? We are just two changelings on the run. There is nothing special about us." Sparky said.

"Because we are your dragons. Not every Dragon got the chance to be paired up with a uni.... I meant changeling heir. That is why we are trying our best to protect you. But you probably have forgotten all our adventures together and that is why want to protect you, if not, you may fall into a trap and never pick yourself up again." Night Fury said with tears started to fall out of his eyes.

"The sun is rising, Night, it's time we get out of here." Light said. A soft reply was heard.

"You two are about to wake up from your sleep. I suggest the both of you maintain a distance from one another, if not, you may be in an awkward position when you wake up." Day said, however Thorax and Sparky paid no heed and lie down next to each other and slept.

Light rolled her eyes as Night Fury and herself exited the Dreamscape.


Derpy was about to sleep in for the night, placing her armor back in Sparky's room. It has been a long day and she was ready to get some shut eye. After tucking Dinky into bed, she went back to her own room and slept.

However, what she did not expect was for a doorbell to ring in the middle of the night. Derpy got up from her bedand open the front door. "Good night, how may I help you?" Derpy asked, forcing a smile when asking the question.

"Good night, Derpy, I am here to check if there is changelings in your apartment."

"Why? Why do it at this hour?"

"I have received reports of sightings of changelings in this area and therefore needs to check every apartment to see if these sightings are true. It is a long day for us and I suggest you let me in, 2nd Lieutenant."

"There is no need to check, Sergeant, for the changelings you speak off is in my apartment, sleeping currently."

"Mind telling me why I should not capture them at their vulnerable state?"

"Because you need to see the bigger picture. If these changelings feel accepted in our society, we will be able to convince them to work for us. Having shapeshifters in the spy network will be the utmost importance to high command. It will help in our infiltration in other nations well, I might add."

"So, what if it does not work?" the Sergeant asked.

"Tell ISD to deal with them in the most painful of ways until they do. Besides, these two are rouge changelings, no ling or pony will come to their rescue when it happens. I will keep you contacted."

"Yes, Madm!"

After the sergeant left, Derpy heaved a sigh of relieve and said "I hope you are right Clover. Do not let the Battleship and BattleCarrier sink."

Author's Note:

1) The plot thickens. Does Derpy really meant what she said? That is for you to decide
2) In case it is not stated but Sparky and Thorax can only see the rough outline of the Dragons and not their exact body features like eyes, wings, etc.
3) I may be moving on to another (new) story after this, so don't expect any update soon.
That is all, General Sparky out.