• Published 10th Oct 2017
  • 2,423 Views, 193 Comments

Does it matter if I am a changeling or not? - General Sparky



A changeling guard fled the changeling hive to find a new life. What she finds will change her view on what is the meaning of love and friendship and her view on Equestria as a whole..

  • ...
13
 193
 2,423

Introductions

"What are you two doing here late at night?" Derpy asked.

'Oh no, We are spotted! Now what to do? What to do?' these thoughts entered Sparky in a split second. "Erm, Erm, We are new here, and we are looking for directions? Yes! We are looking for directions." Sparky replied, with her hooves shivering like crazy.

"Are you alright? You are shivering like there is no tomorrow." Derpy asked, concerned about Sparky.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." Sparky lied, while using her shivering hooves to try to pull up Thorax's body and put him on her back.

Despite seeing two changelings directly in front of her, Derpy decide to not question it and instead show them the beauty of kindness. "So, where are you two two going anyway?" Derpy asked.

Instead of answering Derpy's question, Sparky instead asked, "Can you help me and put this changeling on my back first? He is pretty heavy."

Derpy replied by giving a slight nod and helped Sparky to get Thorax on her back. After some lifting later, the still sleeping Thorax was put on Sparky's back. Derpy then asked, "Where are you two staying for the night?"

"Well, I haven't found one yet." Sparky stated., while thinking of some actual places to stay for the night. Her thought process was quickly interrupted by Derpy.

"If you do not have a place to stay, then do you want to stay in my house?" Derpy offered, wanting to help the two changelings.

Upon hearing this, Sparky started to hesitate, she never expected to find this kind of reaction from ponies in Ponyville. A part of her wanted to simply agree and finally get some rest, another part of her want to reject the offer because it may lead to a trap. She wanted so badly to have somepony to guide her, to show her which option to take, but sadly, there is nopony to guide her. She instead stared into Derpy's eyes. Despite Derpy's eyes is misaligned, she continued to stare into Derpy's eyes, as if the answer to her problems was in Derpy's eyes.

Seeing Sparky staring at her, Derpy tried to look away from Sparky, since it was weird that pony stare at her eyes, but found that she could not break the stare. Derpy mentally tried to raise her hoof but found that her hoof was stuck on the ground.

After a while, Sparky stop her stare and said, "I am sorry for staring, it is just a test to see if I could trust you."

"And?" Derpy asked.

"I trust you, and lead the way to your home!" Sparky said excitedly, almost dropping Thorax on the the floor.

"Woah, even if you are excited, keep in mind that you have a passenger." Derpy said. Sparky blushed, knowing that if she drop Thorax on the floor, it would not be a nice wake up call.

"Come on, my home is this way." Derpy said, while leading the two changelings to her home.

While walking, Derpy asked, "So, I just realized we have not introduced each other properly. I am Derpy, what is your name?"

"I am Sparky and this changeling on my back is Thorax." Sparky replied without a second thought.

"Nice to meet you two, Sparky and Thorax." Derpy said.

'Though I hope our meeting would be under better circumstances.' Sparky thought.

We are here. Welcome to my home, I guess." Derpy said, as she open the door.

"I'm Home!" Derpy yelled.

"Mommy, you're home!" A filly scream excitedly and ran down the stairs to meet her mother.

Derpy positioned herself for the incoming hug. As Dinky approached, Derpy caught her and asked "So, how your day? Is it good or is it not good?"

Dinky broke from the embrace and replied, "It was good, Ms Cheerilee has taught us how to do basic mathematics, it was a little confusing but I at least got the hang of it."

"I so proud of you little muffin. Not to spoil your day, but we have visitors tonight." Derpy said, while giving an encouraging smile to Dinky.

"So who is visiting tonight?" Dinky ask, excited to see which pony her mother brought tonight.

"Sparky and Thorax, they are both Changelings." Derpy introduced, pointing to the changelings mentioned.

Sparky was standing at the door while the mother and child have some bonding time. Sparky waved her hoof and smiled.

"Wait, What? You brought Changelings in here? Do you know what they had done?!" Dinky asked loudly, enough to cause Sparky to hope that see wasn't never here.

"Yes. I know. Remember what I taught you, everypony deserves a second chance." Derpy replied calmly.

"Fine, I guess that it is only fair to them." Dinky then turned around to face Sparky and said, "I am Dinky and I am sorry for my sudden outburst."

"It's okay, It's not the first and it's not the last anyway." Sparky replied, looking at the ground.

"You alright?" Dinky asked.

"I'm fine, it just... nevermind, it does not concern you anyway, just show me where we will sleep and *yawns* let's call it a day." Sparky said, as tiredness is slowly consuming her mind.

"You two can sleep in the spare room, there is room enough for the two of you." Derpy stated.

"Thanks. I will be on my *Yawns* way to bed then, goodnight." Sparky said, dragging her hooves, until she realize she does not know where the spare room is.

"Excuse me, where is the spare room?" Sparky asked, too tired to think of anything but to sleep.

"The second floor, the third room on the left of the staircase." Derpy stated.

"Thanks." Sparky repiled, and used her wings to fly up to the second floor and find the mentioned spare room.

"We should probably follow her, in case anything happens." Derpy said, getting Dinky on her back and flying upstairs to find Sparky.

Sparky managed to find the spare room and open the door to find out it was pretty empty except for two beds and a figurine with royal guard armor.

Sparky first put Thorax down on the bed and approached the figurine. "What is this armor doing here?" Sparky asked.

(Interpreted from the badges and tags on the armor): Derpy Hooves, 2nd lieutenant, 1st Equestrian Guard.
Badges: Jungle Survival Course, Weapon handling Specialist, Dogfighter Specialist
Special Badges: Sharpshooter, Physical fitness (Gold) Badge

Sparky didn't know how to react, or to think for that matter. She just simply couldn't believe it. Sparky walk towards her bed, thinking it is all a dream, and hope whatever she had seen wasn't real.

As Sparky fell asleep, Derpy arrived with Dinky on her back and saw the fingurine. 'Oh muffins, she had seen that, I could have sworn that I have put it somewhere else.' Derpy thought. Dinky saw the armor and started to ask, "Where did that armor come from?"

"It is mine." Derpy said softly.

"What did you say?" Dinky asked.

"That armor belongs to me." Derpy said it louder this time.

"You are a royal guard?! Why didn't you tell me?" Dinky asked, shocked from the fact that her mother was part of the defense force of Equestria.

"I will explain tomorrow. Now, get to bed, you have school tomorrow." Derpy stated.

"Fine, but tomorrow I want to hear the story, muffin promise?" Dinky asked, giving Derpy the cutest puppy eyes she could muster.

"Cross my eyes, hope to fly, and stick a muffin in my eyes." Derpy said, while mimicking the actions.

With that both Derpy and Dinky went to sleep.

Author's Note:

1.Yay! A new Chapter. Sorry for the late update, I have been very busy with School Work these last few days. Hopefully, There will be another chapter coming up within 1 or 2 weeks.
2. This part was inspired by jpony's comment about bringing Sparky and Thorax to Derpy's home and giving them muffins. So, congrats jpony, your suggestion is in the story.
3. The badges are based on Singapore Military badges (Except the Dog fighting one)
4. Be prepared to see 2nd lieutenant Derpy in action in the near future
5. What do you think will happen next? Put your thoughts down in the comments.
6. Please Leave constructive criticism on how to improve this story
That is all, General Sparky Out.