• Published 10th Oct 2017
  • 2,428 Views, 193 Comments

Does it matter if I am a changeling or not? - General Sparky



A changeling guard fled the changeling hive to find a new life. What she finds will change her view on what is the meaning of love and friendship and her view on Equestria as a whole..

  • ...
13
 193
 2,428

Ambush (Part 1)

The tank crews stared the angry goddess in front of them. Derpy was furious. It was fine if they disrespect her, call her using a thousand different nicknames and treat her as if she was invisible but kidnapping her daughter was crossing the line. Her bright golden eyes was filled with the heat of the sun as her eyes met theirs. Her mouth gave off an evil smile as she sharpened her horn using a piece of metal from the destroyed tanks. On their left, there was a large dragon stood by Derpy's side, his eyes were silted as he stare at them. His fangs were showing through his mouth and looked predatory, as if he was staring at his meal before him.

Derpy grabbed one of the pony and place him on the wall. She used her hooves to pin him against the wall and pointed her sharp horn at his throat. "Who ordered you to do this?! You better talk or this horn is going through your throat!" Derpy shouted, her demands made clear.

In order to prevent his demise in the hooves of her, he quickly replied, "Eris. It was Eris." Derpy then asked, "Where is he now?!"

"I don't know. He just told us to keep you down here as long as possible." He replied anxiously. Derpy relaxed her grip on him. If Eris told them to keep her down here as long as possible, this means that whatever Eris is doing needs time. Derpy thought to herself.

"Before I let you go, answer me this, did he taught you guys how to use these tanks?" The pony nodded frantically. Derpy muttered "I am so sorry that I have to do this on you guys." Derpy lit her horn and cast a memory wipe spell on them. There was a huge flash of light before everything went black. Derpy grab the unconscious ponies and teleported them back to the castle barracks. Derpy and Toothless gave a sympathetic look at each other. These ponies were innocent, they were manipulated by Eris and did his dirty work. They would return to their barracks as if nothing has ever happened, no memories of Eris, controlling a tank or her. If there was one spell she hated, it was the Memory wipe spell. No one should ever have their memory wiped, no matter what they have done and yet she has done it to so many creatures.

Toothless sensed a feeling of uncertainty going up Derpy's spine and nudged her with his (now) adorable face. "Thanks, Toothless, that was what I need at this moment." Toothless smiled back at her.

Some time has passed before she snapped out of her current state when Toothless asked, "So what now, Derpy? Eris has taken Dinky."

Derpy put on her old battle armour and said, "Better suit up, bud. Time to get my little muffin back." Toothless nodded and put on his battle armour. Derpy climbed on top of his back as he blew a hole through the roof. Shortly after, he flew upwards through the hole, blending himself with the darkness of Luna's night sky.


The Unicorns of the Singapore Cavalry moved towards the forests to locate and find the trespassers. The Unicorns marched slowly through the Everfree forest. Throughout the night, they used the trees to conceal their movements and activities. The forest was a large area for a small team of Unicorns to comb, which makes it difficult to fulfill their mission. After combing the forests for several hours, the Unicorns decided to take a break. They took their break at a place with thick vegetation. The Unicorns place down their rifles on the ground and leaned against the tree to rest. As the Unicorns take their break, the Eris's soldiers got into positions.

They pointed their guns at the unsuspecting Unicorns. Eris, the Unicorns are taking a break. Our armour is in place, should we proceed with the attack?

Yes. Proceed with the attack.

"Ponies, light them up!" The sound of gun fire broke through the silence of the night, causing the Unicorns to scramble into defensive positions. Cannon fire from the tanks brought further chaos to the Unicorns. The Unicorns returned sporadic fire with their rifles.

"Ambush! Quickly, call for reinforcements!" The Unicorn squad leader shouted.

"Radio's jammed! Lighting up flar-" the radio operator said before getting cut off by a stray bullet hitting his chest. The commander crawl through the hail of bullets and reached the radio operator. He lit up the flare and let it flew sky high. The flare cast a yellowish glow on the battlefield. He was promptly shot by concentrated fire. With the battlefield lit up, the Unicorn Machine gunner fired bursts of bullets at the attackers, but the bullets fail to penetrate the thick armour on the attackers' tanks.

The yellow flare caught the attention of Toothless who was flying over the night sky. "Woroo?" Toothless asked, which Derpy replied with a slight nod. Toothless flew towards the flare's direction.


Meanwhile

Eris pulled the carriage towards Canterlot mountain and placed the carriage there. Derpy would not find them here, he thought. He proceeded to take the creatures one by one and placed them on a make shift bed. For the mouse-sized dragons, he placed them on top of their respective changelings.The only pony left in the carriage is Dinky. Dinky was Derpy's most prized possession. He carried Dinky on his back and placed her on a make-shift bed.

He ran his hoof through her mane. Her mane was as soft as silk and was well-trimmed. He looked at her, noticing a smile on her face. She is probably having a nice dream right now. Derpy must have took great care of her. "Sorry for dragging you into this, little one. My conflict is only with Derpy, I will never hurt anyone of her friends, especially you little one." He said before kissing Dinky on her forehead. He placed a blanket over her and the other creatures. "Sleep tight." He said before donning on his gear and walked out of the cave. He looked up in the night sky as a flare was fired into the sky above the Everfree forest. He didn't know to be glad or disappointed at the sight.

On the one hand, he was glad that his forces have managed to handle the Unicorns but on the other hand is disappointed that they have successfully lit up the flare as it meant that more reinforcements are on the way. Thankfully, he has a backup plan to stop further reinforcements. His horn lit a bluish glow as he manipulated the radar at an Naval Base.

In the Equestrian Naval base, The radar suddenly showed an enemy vessel in Equestrian waters and it was in the shape of another battleship. "This is Clover to ESS Bismarck, intercept the enemy vessel with haste."

"Roger, on my way there." A battleship was towed out to sea and rushed towards the supposed threat.

Eris teleported back to Derpy's house so that he could find something useful in it.


Back at the Everfree forest, things are not looking so good for the Unicorn forces. The Unicorns continued to take casualty after casualty. Thankfully many shots did not land in places that would fatally wound them, but it was enough to take most of them out of action. The Unicorns were also starting to run out of ammunition. They didn't even bring much ammunition in the first place. The tanks were doing a good job in keeping them pinned down in their current location. Suddenly the gunfire from their enemies stopped and was replaced with the loud noise of the tank's engines. They were charging towards them! One of the Unicorn, who had given up hope in winning this battle, threw his rifle at the charging tank. The rifle hit the tank with a clank, but no real damage was done to the tank. With things looking bleak for them, the remaining Unicorns decided to run and scatter through the Everfree forest. However, they were mowed down by a hidden machine gunner, effectively wiping out the entire squad of Unicorns.

Eris's soldiers, seeing that none of their targets are moving, pointed their guns up in the air and emptied the clip. They celebrated their victory over those Unicorns. Their weapons and tactics have worked well against them. This marks a great victory for them. The gunfire allowed Toothless and Derpy to pinpoint their exact locations. Toothless flew down and used the trees as cover to gain information about Eris's soldiers. Toothless landed on one of the trees and folded his wings.

"Roowoopmh." Toothless said while giving a worried look at Derpy.

"Don't worry bud. It's just a small company of troops. Nothing we didn't handle before."

"But they are Eris's ponies, Derpy! How could we defeat them without them alerting Eris?" Toothless asked.

"Trust me and trust yourself?" Derpy improvised the response. Derpy gave Toothless a cheeky smile and Toothless simply rolled his eyes. Derpy patted Toothless, signalling that they should get out of there first before they do anything. As Toothless spread his wings and was about to take off, a stray artillery shell hit Toothless's wings and exploded. The explosion did not cause severe damage to toothless but notified Eris's soldier about their presence.

"Nice of you to drop by, Derpy Hooves. I see that you brought that stupid Night Fury with you tonight." Derpy immediately used her hooves to activate Toothless's prosthetic wing. "Going somewhere? I don't think so!" The officer said before a cannon shell was fired and hit Toothless's prosthetic wing, making it inoperable. Toothless glided down before making a mad dash towards Ponyville. Derpy ignited two smoke canisters and threw it behind, forming a smokescreen. The officer grunted and gave the order to chase them through the forest.


In the Canterlot mines, Sparky suddenly started to roll about before falling on the crystal surface. "Ouch, my head hurts." Sparky commented. Before Sparky could do anything, she noticed a shadow behind before she started to transform. She started to yell and moved about chaotically as a foreign object was entering her mind. She got on the floor and panted, her sweat dripping down her forehead like there was no tomorrow. Slowly her wings started to change from insect-like to dragon-like, her horn becoming shorter and shorter till there was no evidence that a horn was there in the first place and the holes in her body started to cover itself. Her hooves started to transform into claws, her tail lengthening with great speed. It was too much for her mind and she collapsed on the floor.


Toothless ran out of the forest and towards rows upon rows of houses. He ran inside Derpy's house and hid inside. Eris's soldiers ran past it quickly after. "Okay I think we lost them, Toothless." Derpy said.

"I would disagree with that." Eris said, coming out of the basement. Toothless growled at Eris while Derpy stood there, surprised that he was in her house.

"Derpy, Derpy, Derpy. How nice it is to see you again." Eris said, with a evil smirk on his face. "I see you brought along your useless dragon." Eris commented.

"What's your game, Eris? First you kidnapped MY daughter, then you killed the entire squad of Unicorns. Why are you doing this? What do you want?!" Derpy asked, her rage boiling in her chest.

"I want to know some information about this Alpha Predator you call Little Spark." He said, pulling out the story book with Little Spark on the front cover. "You and I both know that Little Spark is real and is currently in Equestria. The question is, which form is she in?"

"I don't know what you are talking about." Derpy retorted.

"This book about Little Spark's life, you showed this to them. Are you sure you don't know anything about her?"

"So what? It's just a book. It doesn't prove anything. Besides, even if I do know which form Little Spark is in now, it would be foolish for me to tell somepony like you." Derpy defended.

"Oh really? I suggest you reconsider. Or else... you can say goodbye to your daughter." Eris threatened, a wicked smile showing on his face.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me." Derpy took a step back as she pondered on her options. She could give away Little Spark's identity in exchange for her daughter or she could attack him right now to force him to back down. Derpy took out a sword out of her mane and pointed it at Eris. "You let go of Dinky right now or I will slice your head off!" Derpy demanded.

"Suit yourself." Eris replied in a surprisingly calm tone. Eris took out two hoof-held crossbow and fired an arrow at Derpy and Toothless at the same time.The arrow managed to pierce through Derpy's and Toothless's armour, making them fall unconsciously on the floor.

To all units, I have found and neutralized the targets, withdraw from the vicinity at once and return back to base. ESS Bismarck, sink that enemy battleship and leave no survivors.

"Since you refused to tell me the information I desire, I shall find what I seek in this little hideout of yours. Meanwhile, ..." He said, securing Toothless and Derpy to a nearby table with military-grade chains. He also use the chains to tie Derpy and Toothless's wings. He placed an magic suppressor on Derpy's horn.


A Light Fury, sensing that Toothless is in danger, woke up from her slumber. She fired an oxygen charge in front of her and flew through it, making her unseen to the naked eye.

At the same time, an alpha predator swims towards its prey: an unsuspecting battleship. (But which one?)

Author's Note:

1) Derpy and Toothless needs stronger armour
2) Sorry for the short update, I am currently working on something else at the moment.
3) What do you guys think? Leave your constructive comments in the comment section down below.
That is all, General Sparky out.