• Published 2nd Jul 2012
  • 1,621 Views, 25 Comments

The Rainbow Spiral - TheRainbowDashShow

  • ...
3
 25
 1,621

Epilogue

The alarm clock went off far earlier than its usual time in the morning. A silver crystalline frost painted against the bedroom window. Rainbow Dash let out a heavy sigh as she rolled over carefully not to put any pressure on her injured wings or leg. She found waking up becoming more and more difficult with each day. Smashing her hoof heavily on the snooze button she returned her head back to the fluffy pillow and buried herself back beneath the sheets.

Applejack leaned over and kissed Rainbow Dash on the cheek, "Come on Sugarcube time tah get up."

"Just five more minutes…" Rainbow Dash grumbled.

Applejack rolled her eyes, "That's what yah said yesterday… and the day before that." She grabbed the blanket with her mouth and yanked it off the Pegasus it covered. The cold air of the bedroom soon bounced on the pony stinging her like a thousand pinpricks.

"Give that back!" Rainbow Dash cried with a violent shiver. Applejack shook her head and trotted away with the blanket still clenched between her teeth. Rainbow Dash looked around the room in hopes to retrieve something to warm herself with. However it appeared Applejack had removed all the spare blankets and any scarves from their bedroom as an extra precaution.

With another loud sigh, Rainbow Dash pulled herself up from the bed and limped over towards Applejack and wrapped a hoof around her for support, "I don't see why we have to get up so early…" Rainbow Dash mumbled tiredly.

Applejack frowned, "Yah didn't forget what today was, did yah?"

"How could I forget…" Rainbow Dash said hollowly.

The two trotted gingerly down the stairs near the front door, "Yah never did tell me how yah managed to get this place back."

With Ponyville's estate agency having been abandoned with the rest of the town Rainbow Dash had paid their filing room a visit. Shortly afterwards some files related to Sweet Apple Acres may have possibly gone missing. "Does it matter?" Rainbow Dash asked with a small grin hoping to avoid the topic.

Applejack glared suspiciously at the Pegasus for a few seconds, "No, ah guess not." She retrieved a scarf off of a rack and wrapped it around her neck and did the same for Rainbow Dash. Afterwards she picked up a small woven basket filled with green and yellow apples with an assortment of purple and red flowers. She turned to the Pegasus, "Yah ready?"

Rainbow Dash nodded and pulled open the door allowing in a frigid gust of snow carried wind. They pushed themselves through the doorway and out into the harsh cold world. They trotted slowly on a trail laced with heavily packed snow in between the hibernating apple orchards. The trail came to an end at a snow covered shining marble stone in between two large and bare apple trees.

Applejack knelt down and laid the basket of fruit and flowers in front of the stone and brushed off the snow that covered its etchings. "Ah wish ah had known her better…" she said sadly.

Rainbow Dash wrapped her hoof around Applejack and kissed her cheek, "Me too."

Applejack looked at Rainbow Dash's magenta eyes, "What do yah think she is doing now?"

Rainbow Dash let out a comforting smile, "She is up there, in the clouds with the warm wind in her mane and the soft sun beaming down on her. Doing everything she never had a chance to, living her life the way it should have been. I think she is completely free."

Applejack sniffled, "Ah hope so… it's the least she deserves." She ran her hoof against the engravings on the cold marble, "This would have been the first one she celebrated."

"I know." Rainbow Dash said nudging her head against Applejack's.

"RD, do yah ever think maybe Shadow Scorn isn't gone?" Applejack asked sounding a little frightful.

"That pony is gone, she's never going to torment us again." Rainbow Dash said though she couldn't deny she to shared the same feelings and on occasion even had haunting dreams of the pony. She shook her head, snapping herself out of the cold, nerve-wrenching feelings that washed over her as she thought of the pony, "Just forget about her."

"Yer right." Applejack said finally. Turning back to the stone, tears started to run down Applejack's eyes, "Happy Hearth's Warming Eve Ice Ember…"

The two ponies stood up and walked back to the warmth and comfort of the farmhouse. They brushed the snow off of themselves stepped back inside. Applejack removed an already lit candle from the mantle of the fireplace and lit the logs that rested inside it. Rainbow Dash trotted over towards the desk and dipped the quill into the ink jar and began to write. She finished scribbling down onto the parchment and placed down the quill, rolling up the note into a scroll and bound it with a small red ribbon.

"Whatcha doing?" Raven Flame asked peering curiously at Rainbow Dash with her large blue eyes. The scars that covered her body had almost completely faded now.

"Writing to the Princess." Rainbow Dash said, "You ready for your first Hearth's Warming Eve?" she asked with a grin.

Raven Flame bounced up and down excitedly, "Yes!" she squeaked.

Rainbow Dash chuckled, "Great. I'm going to go help Applejack get everything ready." She said standing up off the chair and limped away, "Happy Hearth's Warming Eve Raven Flame."

Raven Flame giggled, "You too, Dashie." She waved a hoof at Rainbow Dash, who vanished into the kitchen. Looking around to see the room was empty she picked up the scroll and unraveled the paper and began to read.

"Dear Princess Celestia,

I know it's been awhile since I've written but I wanted to share my thoughts with you. In the past few years I've learned the true impact a single pony can make on anything regardless of how small an action that may be. Though at times a pony may feel insignificant in such a vast world I discovered that anything and everything they do can ripple outwards touching the lives of thousands.

Though at times it is hard to see just what a pony can really bring to those around them, but if you take them out of the picture, even for just a short amount of time it becomes clear. From the moment we take our first step and until we draw our last gasp of air we are always changing everything and every pony around us whether we realize it or not.

Every pony can change the world and make it worse, or a better place depending on the choices we make. Even though from time to time we all make mistakes in our lives, I believe that every pony is given a second chance. Sometimes that chance may not appear in the way expected and we may not recognize it at the time it is presented. However, whether we choose to rectify our mistakes will ultimately still be up to us.

After everything that I have endured in these years I find myself asking, "What's going to happen now?" I wish I could answer myself that question but I can't, and although the possible answers frighten me I hope that whatever may happen it will ignite a spark that spirals outward brightening the lives of every pony the waves may come across.

Sincerely, Rainbow Dash

P.S Happy Hearth's Warming Eve"

Comments ( 10 )

The story 'Search for a Home' contains some relevant information to this story.

compared to the previous stories I must say that though the grammar is better, the story is worse. I can't complain though, it still was good. You use a lot of clichés and sudden plot twists though.:pinkiehappy:

845453
Eh it was mostly a set-up for the next story.
Which I still want to know how that got uploaded first when I submitted it much later then this one XD

i love and hate this story at the same time

*clap clap clap clap clap clap clap*

it made me :rainbowlaugh:

it made me :fluttercry:

but most of all... it made me :pinkiehappy:

I have noticed that the quality with which you write increases with every story written.

You are now a great writer. Capable of wrenching tears from my eye with ease. Which shouldn't be easy considering what fanfics I have read.

I'm not going to read your latest, not yet. As it is VERY late.

But I am going to thank you for one of the most heart warming, tear jerking, awe-inspiring, clusters of emotion I have ever read (referring to series as a whole).

And you FLUNKED English class. I emphasize this not to make fun of you, but to praise you. The fact that you are capable of writing this after failing English makes me question the competence of your teachers, as it certainly doesn't appear to be a shortcoming on your part.

So thank you, sir (ma'am?), for this entertainment that you have supplied me today. And good luck with all of your future endeavors.

Bravo! I haven't had my heartstrings yanked this much since I read Chocolate covered grapes! Well done!

This story ended in its good and complete way. I am not sure that I want to read the next one since you have been finishing it yet. This series is one of my most favourite AppleDash fictions for sure. Anyway, please COME BACK and FINISH YOUR STORY! Love you:twilightsmile:

Nice ending.

Though I was hoping Ponyville could come back to normal again.

So are the other elements returning now that Dash and Applejack are back? Will ponyville ever be brought back now that sweet apple acres is back?

Login or register to comment