• Published 7th Oct 2016
  • 842 Views, 11 Comments

Harmless Adaption - Yarael-BJ-Poof

  • ...
7
 11
 842

Aftermath

The sun.

The sun was shining brightly. It made everything look so bright and cheerful.

Rainbow hated the sun more than anything else. It was not cheerful at all, but the true embodiment of a living nightmare.

Rainbow was driving home from Fluttershy's funeral, the most heavily disheartening and horrible three hours of her entire life. She was still crying, still trying to accept the fact that her best friend was never coming back. Her eyes were pouring rain, but her mouth made no sound. Silence was the only thing she could handle.

The sun kept shining. The sun was pure evil today. The clouds eventually had pity on her and covered up the sun's ever-happy gaze.

Rainbow pulled into the driveway of her two-story suburban home on the outskirts of Canterlot City. The trees in her backyard stood there as always, but they looked uninviting. Maybe they were mourning Fluttershy's passing as well.

Once inside, she put the car keys on the mud room floor and took off her boots. She threw them in the corner where her dad's old crutch was, from the time he broke his leg. He was passed out on the couch, probably from watching too much tv. He hadn't even bothered to come to Fluttershy's funeral, he only cared about his own life.

She walked past him and went upstairs. She sat looked in the mirror at her sad form. Unkempt hair, puffy red eyes, tear stains on her cheeks. She was wearing the same dress Rarity had made for her on the night of the Fall Formal, almost a year before.

She undressed and sat down on her bed. She looked at the messy drawers filled with all her clothes and sports uniforms. Half of them were too full to close. She did not want to even bother with them, especially not today.

The rain started to fall outside. The sky was crying with her. She wiped her eyes, making little difference, and got out her cell phone. She saw a text from yesterday that she had never answered. It was from Fluttershy's idiot brother Zephyr. She gave a weak and wobbly sigh. How had he gotten her new number?

It read,

Hi RD, I herd about FS acident 2day and im sad. :applecry: maby u could come 2 her funarel 2morow? Ill b there to

Rainbow knew that he had a major crush on her, and now there was literally no reason to be near him anymore. Fluttershy was gone, and the house would feel very empty there. Zephyr was a humongous pain in the ass, and she was actually a little glad that he wouldn't be in her life anymore. She deleted the text and put her phone down.

She looked up at the still-unfinished homework assignment, then dropped her head back onto the pillow. She could get an F, who the hell cared?

She picked up her phone again and went to YouTube. Maybe a DAGames song would make her feel less miserable. She looked through the playlist and stopped. She stared at the screen for a while,then tapped on the one song she hadn't listened to yet.

"Oh god..." Rainbow thought. Of all the themes for a Five Nights at Freddy's song to be, why did it have to be the passing of a loved one?!

In my dying breath I repeat your name
I can see your figures in this haunted game
I sleep knowing you
Were standing by

Rainbow felt her heartbeat start to rise. This was existing. This was happening.

But alas, I couldn't heal your broken shards
I had stolen the one thing close to your heart
Now you die knowing I
Was standing by

The tears were welling up in her eyes. She felt like the song was written just to make her feel more miserable. And yet she loved it, she didn't want to stop listening.

Now I rise through holy trinity
I'm whole again
I've come to an end
The nightmare is finally over
I rest in peace (through the tears on my face I wave goodbye)
Tell the world I'm free (your soul is free)
Let go of my hand (I can't I won't)
Let go of my cries (don't leave me here with the fear in my heart)
I take to the land of the angels
I finally fly (oh, what have I done I can't escape what I've become)

Rainbow's mouth was wavering. Her throat felt dry. Fluttershy was speaking to her a final time, through this song. Rainbow wanted to answer, but there wasn't any way to.

(I'll never forget you)
(Brother)

Fluttershy had been the equivalent of a sister to Rainbow. They were bound like blood brothers, and then they were ripped apart. The bond was gone, and it would never resurface.

Goodbye!

Rainbow put down the phone. She just realized how tragic it was. A song, basically explaining what had unfolded the previous day. It was Rainbow's fault for not supervising Fluttershy at that crosswalk. She was the cause.

She crawled into a fetal position and cried herself to sleep.


Will Ryan looked confused as he finished reading the story. He was a little proud of the fact that his songs were included in the fanfic, but he didn't understand why Fluttershy had to die.

He got up from his chair and took two plushies off his shelf, one of Rainbow Dash, and one of Fredbear.

He took them over to the other side of the room and threw them out the window.

Comments ( 4 )

7625676
You... You are my hero for that.

What? Who's...who's Will?

Comment posted by Yarael-BJ-Poof deleted Oct 11th, 2016
Login or register to comment