• Published 24th Sep 2016
  • 290 Views, 2 Comments

A letter to the Princess of the Moon - yonlionz



After Luna's banishment ended, she didn't expect ponies to think highly of her. So imagine her surprise when a (very positive) letter arrived for her!

  • ...
 2
 290

The Reply

Addressed to: The followers of the Way of the Moon, which have written to Us before.

Greetings, Our loyal followers,

To say that We were surprised at thine letter, wouldst be an understatement. We were, to use a more modern word, flabbergasted.
It warms Our heart that there are still those that follow the Way of the Moon, even after so many years.
About Nightmare Moon, thine information is only slightly incorrect. 'Tis true that she was an interloper that stole my mind and powers, but We had, however unwittingly it may have been, given her access to Our mind and Powers, and not removed her, when We began doubting her sincerity. True, she was undermining Our mind even then, but one should think that a Goddess of the Mind would have more control over her own.

We accept thine oaths, and swear in return to uphold Our side of them.
We would ask of thee, however, the approximate size of thine group, for both bureaucratic, and personal reason.
We would also ask of thee where thine base of operations is, and if thine group wouldst consent to traveling to Canterlot to meet with Us.

Mine only worry, and accompanying warning, is that thou doth not become a cult that forces people to follow Our beliefs, for if thou doth, We will annihilate thee, and thine entire cult.

Blessings of the Night upon thee all,
Your Princess,
Luna Eveningstar.

Comments ( 2 )

Don't get me wrong, the story sounds good, but... how did this story pass moderation? It's less then a thousand words. Not by much, admittedly, but still.

7589516 I think there might be something wrong with the auto-counter, since I've added at least 15 words to the counter when it said 997 words, and it seems stuck at 997 as it didn't increase.

Login or register to comment