• Published 24th Jul 2016
  • 756 Views, 36 Comments

Haberdashery - Super Trampoline



Rainbow Dash really wants to buy a hat from Applejack, but for some asinine reason she plans on taking 2000 chapters to do so. Man, who would write such drivel? Who would bother parodying it? Super Trampoline, apparently.

  • ...
9
 36
 756

Something Something Rainbow Pun

The next day, Rainbow awoke bright and early, probably because around 8:30AM the Pony IRS seized her house for tax evasion and she fell to the ground and got seriously bruised. That was a real downer. Get it, because she fell down? Anyway, now wide awake and homeless, She decided to head to Sweet Apple Acres to buy herself a hat. That way, even if she didn't have much, at least she had a hat, and that can get you pretty far, as Applejack can attest to. So, without further delay, she flew over to said apple growing location and landed just outside the cellar steps. Finally, she would buy a hat. She reached for the cellar door handle with a fetlock, since SOMEONE always writes about ponies using their fetlocks to grab and hold stuff, as if these magical ponies didn't have magical hooves. But alas

The door was locked.

"No, no no!" Dash shouted in successively more agitated tones. "This can't be happening! Why?! Why, Celestia, Why?"

"I'm not a god, you know," Celestia casually interjected. "And even if I were, do you think I'd use my mighty powers to lock haberdashery doors?"

"Eeek!" Dash interjected. "Not, cool, sneaking up on me like that. What are you even doing here?" Indeed, Celestia had entered the story with no explanation.

"Super Trampoline said he needed me for a throwaway joke. Castle life gets pretty fucking boring, so I said what the tarts. Also, check the store hours. Bye, Rainbow." Then she flew off to star in a better story. Probably. Or maybe she just called in sick and took a bubble bath the rest of the day, I don't know.

Dumbfounded by that completely unnecessary diversion, Rainbow deigned to read the little sign on the wall listing the store hours. Indeed, the locked nature of the cellar doors was not without reason, for there on the sign were words which when written together in the order they had been on the sign, signified the shop was not to open until 10 o'clock. It was currently only 9:12AM.

That the shop opened not until ten was not news to her; indeed, just the night previous she had related this information to Rarity. But to know of something is quite an inconsequential sensation compared to viscerally experiencing it. Rainbow Dash screamed, a long, forlorn, haunting dirge of vocalized emotions channeled through her vocal cords and out into the vast, uncaring world.