• Published 24th Jul 2016
  • 756 Views, 36 Comments

Haberdashery - Super Trampoline



Rainbow Dash really wants to buy a hat from Applejack, but for some asinine reason she plans on taking 2000 chapters to do so. Man, who would write such drivel? Who would bother parodying it? Super Trampoline, apparently.

  • ...
9
 36
 756

++First Part: Rainbow's Evening After++

"It was closed?!" Rarity exclaimed exclaimingly. "You couldn't buy it?"

Rainbow was now a sobbing mess collapsed in Rarity's forearms, the later gently stroking her friend's barrel. "Yes, it-it-it...*snnrk* th-the sign. the sign o-o-oon the door. It just... Oh Rarity!"

"There, there, Darling. Just let it all out. Cry all those tears. Ain't no shame in being unladylike when you're dealt such a low blow."

"Yeah. I know, I know. It's just *sniff* I don't know what to do now. Like, my whole world's been upended. Like a rug has been ripped out from under me."

Rarity rolled her eyes. Rainbow could be so overly hysterical sometimes. "Darling, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I believe the shop was closed because you tried to visit it at 8:30 at night. I imagine Applejack would be communing with her family over dinner that late in the evening. You know how that mare values her kin."

"I know, I know. But like, I wanted to buy a hat from her so badly, and now, it's just... I'm never going to get to."

Rarity rolled her eyes harder. "Dear, you can go tomorrow."

"But... what if we all die before tomorrow. What if an asteroid hits Equiis or Super Trampoline gets bored or Twilight accidentally stops time or Luna refuses to lower the moon or Applejack's parents come back from the dead to reap the flesh of the living or or or or--"

Rarity slapped Rainbow. The hot sensation stung Rainbow's cheek, snapping her out of her doomsday catastrophizing and into a new solidarity of focus.

"You're right, Rarity. I'll go buy the hat tomorrow. The little sign on the cellar door said that Applejack's haberdashery opens at 10am. I'll go back, march right in, and buy that hat at ten o'five."

Rarity smiled. "Now there's the brash bold brave Pegasus I know and love. Now, please, if you are finished with your dramatics, kindly exit my shop. It's been a long exhausting day and I need some me-time before I hit the hay, so to speak."

Rainbow smiled. "Say no more, Rarity. Thanks for being there for me." And with a flash, she was out the door.