• Published 22nd Jun 2016
  • 1,556 Views, 14 Comments

Of Insects and Moons - YJF



Queen Chrysalis, abandoned by her changeling hive, is exiled. No other changelings will accept her, and she is forced to flee to Canterlot!

  • ...
4
 14
 1,556

The Conclave of the Changelings (Part 2)

Ambrosia let out a shrill screech and jumped up, her orange hued wings fluttering.

Standing in the place of Astrum was a tall, regal mare with a coat of obsidian. Her hair fell down in stylized locks, the red, orange, black and streaks of yellow melding together. Her tail also held such a coloration. Her eyes were narrowed, the golden eyes gazing at the Changelings. Her horn curved upwards, much like King Sombra's, except instead of red it was a more reddish-orange hue. Her wings were curled up, the tips being a blood red hue.

Ambrosia blushed. She was stunningly beautiful, she must admit. Even Miasma, begrudgingly thought it as well.

"Do you know who I am?" She questioned, her silky voice smooth like velvet, yet hard like metal, a light metallic undertone beneath it, her eyes gazed, the golden orbs filled with acceptance, pride and a dash of motherly affection.

"Who are you?" Ambrosia questioned.

"Why, dear Ambrosia, I will give you a hint. I am one of the most feared, yet respected, of your deities."

"Tartarus? I thought he was a boy...and a Dragon..." She grunted. The otherworldly mare chuckled.

"No, but I do reside with my brother."

Calliphora tilted her head. "Nyx, Matriarch of the Night. Consort to Lord Erebus, Ancient Goddess."

"Smart one." She praised. "I am more Nox than Nyx right now. I was worshiped as primarily a deity of the Night, yet I was also worshiped as a Goddess of Tartarus, long before Celestia and Luna took over my brother's home. I am a Goddess of Fire, albeit hellfire, yet flames nonetheless." The ethereal mare replied, nodding gracefully to Calliphora.

"Astrum." Nyx/Nox, commented, heaving a sigh of distaste. "He always was theatrical. Now, my dears. I am, unlike Astrum, allowed to come to this earthly plane. When Nightmare Moon returned, she brought along the first Catalyst. With Discord awakening, he brought my second Catalyst, and the first Catalyst for Eris. With your invasion of Canterlot."

"Chrysalis's, invasion." Lacera sneered.

"Yes, yes, whatever. That also gave me the third Catalyst. When Sombra invaded, my fourth Catalyst returned to me. Those pesky Plunder-seeds reformed my fifth Catalyst, which Tirek's rampage brought back to me. My sixth and seventh Catalysts were brought to me during the events of The Sirens and Starlight Glimmer affecting time. My Catalysts are what give me permission to come here."

"Why are you here, though, Lady Nox?" Myxine questioned.

"Ah, a roman Changeling. I am here to help my greatest creations thrive. You changelings. Hemera, Mistress of Day, has sworn war against me. She is going to rally the creatures of Light. The creatures of Shadow and Dark must prepare."

Comments ( 2 )

liking the mythology in your story here, can't wait for more.

Hmm, interesting. Maybe the changelings will finally earn their place as the master race. :P

7489351 Actually, that's debatable, war is what drives advancements in many fields and would make them stronger, especially if they keep improving their gene pool towards greater abilities.

The unity part I guess makes sense. Though, one could just expand their hive to their limits to qualify.

I wonder if there are griffon gods. So far we've only seen Alicorn gods for five reason. Our I might be remembering this wrong.

Login or register to comment