• Published 22nd Jun 2016
  • 1,556 Views, 14 Comments

Of Insects and Moons - YJF



Queen Chrysalis, abandoned by her changeling hive, is exiled. No other changelings will accept her, and she is forced to flee to Canterlot!

  • ...
4
 14
 1,556

The Conclave of the Changelings (Part 1)

Ambrosia, needless to say, was confused. "Myxy, what just happened?" She murmured, nuzzling the other changeling in sisterly affection. "Nothing, Ambrosia." Myxine said, grimly staring at Miasma.

"Now that we have exiled Chrysalis." Miasma began. "I nomina-" Miasma began, only to be cut off by Myxine.

"No." Was the firm voice of Myxine. "Nobody is taking over the Chrysalis Hive. We will leave them to their own tasks, and let them elect their own leader, to become a queen." Miasma snarled, in her thoughts.

Chrysalis is gone, yes she is indeed!

Call it arrogant, call it callous, I call it opportunistic

Whatever might have been, is no longer here

Now is the time, to usurp and truly shine! She internally sung, melodiously so.

Miasma pondered. Now would be the perfect time to overthrow. But she knew she had too many enemies. of course because she was too beautiful! Jealousy was indeed a curse. Alas, so was beauty which she possessed.

Lacera hissed. "The Lacera Hive has been amassing resources, we are fully stable." She commented.

"Impossible! I wiped you out, how are you alive?!" Miasma questioned, fiercely.

"Pfft, really Miasma? I am your mother. I know much more than you ever would, or will. I am older than Chrysalis, older than even Celestia and Luna themselves! I was one of the first Changelings, I battled against King Spatios and Queen Tempora! I killed Lord Astrum, Lunaria and even Solaris!" Lacera boasted. "I am ancient. I am powerful, daughter dearest."

"None of you can ever hope to be as powerful as I." Lacera finished.

"I rendered you blind. I killed you!" Miasma retorted. Lacera haughtily ignored her.

"You think you killed me." A deep voice boomed, as an Alicorn with a dark, navy blue skin, and a mane seemingly made out of plasma, aka, stars.

"Astrum." Lacera hissed, baring her fangs.

"Hello, Changeling Lacera, Ambrosia, Myxine, Calliphora and Miasma." He hummed, greeting them all. "I am Lord Astrum, Monarch of the Stars. My sister, Lunaria, is the Matriarch of the Moon, while Solaris rules the Sun."

"Isn't that Luna and Celestia?" Ambrosia questioned, naively so.

"No. Luna and Celestia can move their respective celestial objects. But us? We are able to harness their power. Lunaria can create beams of pure moonlight, inflict lunacy and affect the Tides of Poseidon's domain. Solaris, as Patriarch of the Sun, is able to bring about comforting light or blind his foes in his wrath. We sit upon the Celestial Council along with Luna, Celestia, Poseidon and the lesser deities."

"Why were we not included?" Miasma roared.

"Changelings have a long way to go. You have not ascended. Your kind are pitifully devolved. You queens, you think yourself a title, but you are a different class. Pitiful. Your kind has many myths, what deities were once worshiped?" Astrum questioned.

"We used to worship the Changeling Gods. The Greco-Roman pantheon were our gods. Athena and Minerva, Venus and Aphrodite. Ares and Mars. Hades and Pluto. Vesta and Hestia." Myxine replied, unsure of where Astrum was going with this.

"They are not myths. They are real. They sit upon the Mythic Council and Celestial Council. I was once friends with Lady Nyx and her consort, Lord Erebos." Astrum replied.

"Lies, they are not real!" Miasma snarled.

"They are all too real." Astrum replied. "I came with a warning, little Changelings. You must take what the Mistress of the Night has gifted you, and learn to utilize it."

"What?" Lacera asked.

"She didn't even tell you?!" Astrum groaned, upset. "The Queen of Shadow has blessed your kind. That is why you can devour emotions as you do. You must explore the myths." Astrum cautioned, as wind swept around him. "My time is short. Ouranos, Zeus and Kronos are all displeased with me coming here. We were supposed to not reveal such information. Goodbye, Changelings. Find your counterparts, explore, travel! Find the Gateway, the Key of Fate! The Crystal Nexus!" He warned, as he disappeared in a vortex of energy.

The changelings exchanged glances, before a deep voice echoed.

"Hello, dear children."

Author's Note:

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!

Hey guys! Sorry I've been inactive lately, I've kinda lost my muse. Anyways, I've decided to incorporate Greek Deities for it. Namely, Nyx, Hemera, Gaea, Ouranos, Pontus, Artemis, Apollo, Hyperion, Mnemosyne, Aphrodite and Ares.

Note, the Romans are having their own predicament. >:D