• Published 19th Feb 2016
  • 551 Views, 8 Comments

Falling Stars - MoonSaysHello



What if The Elements of Harmony belonged to someone else before they found their way to Celestia and Luna? And why did they leave their former keepers?

  • ...
 8
 551

Kindness

I was not always what I am now, I was once like them: young and naive. I believed that world was not cold and cruel place, that there will be a day when ponies no longer judge others by what they are or what they look like. I was wrong and I paid the price for my foolishness. Now I am going to tell you a story about how I became what I am now so listen carefully...

It all began more than thousands of years ago, back then I lived with my siblings in a land that is now called The Changeling Kingdom, it was no kingdom back then.

We weren't exactly happy there. As you already know changelings aren't very... liked by other creatures, same was true back then. The Changeling were never accepted by any other race, even by the ones that are far worse than us-If you ask me- so we had to stay in hiding until the feeding time when we would attack one or two villages, feed of their love and run back into hiding again. Yes, we were cowards, but I'll let you know that back then we didn't have a leader or should I say a queen. There was noone to lead us, noone to rule our lands, noone to tell us not to be afraid.

My life was miserable, maybe even more miserable than the lives of other changelings. You see, I never felt good attacking the villages, I didn't like forcing others to obey us, I wanted peace, I wanted us all to get along. Foolish dream is it not? But back then I was prepared to do anything I can to make it a reality so obviously if a chance presented itself I would gladly take it.

My life began changing when an unicorn wandered into our territory. I was the one to find him first and since I was starving I was ready to feed of him, but I couldn't, not that I felt sorry for him, it was something... different, something strange. That pony wasn't afraid of me. He wanted to be friends.

Imagine my surprise when I heard that, or was it joy? Because it was a proof that my dream can become reality? I don't remember...

Back to the story, he stayed with my kind for a few days, thanks to me others didn't bother him... much. One fateful night he caught me helping a family of ponies escape the village we were attacking. Don't ask, I already said I was young and foolish so of course I would take pity on my own food.

Anyway, he pointed out that I'm incredibly kind even when being kind doesn't benefit me or I end up the one paying the price for it. He told me that it was his dream to turn Equestria into a happy-go-lucky land that is accepting of all species and everybody lives happily. He gave me a strange necklace, it was shaped like a shield with wings if I remember correctly. It was green, purple and black and it somehow seemed like it was made just for me, like it was meant to belong to me. He said he wanted me to come with him and help him make our dreams come true.

As you already probably guessed I accepted, I packed my thing and left the nest. We travelled for quite long time and met all kinds of creatures on our way. He also invited few others to join us... But my happiness didn't last long.

You see, they were successful in getting other ponies's trust, They all looked a bit weird but they were still able to find friends. It took a while but they managed to do it. I on the other hand, was too big of a scaredy-cat to go to a village and talk to a pony. I mean duh, I was considered a monster my whole life! How can anypony expect me not to be afraid that somepony will cut my head off or imprison me the moment they see me!?

Still, I wanted to be a part of the group, I mean I already was a part of it but I never did something that would benefit our cause. So I decided that I had to do it, I had to make friends. Only question was: how? How do I become friends with somepony who sees me as nothing more than a stupid monster?

In the end I decided to use my changeling abilities to turn into one of them. I took a name Glimmering Heart.

Don't you dare laugh at me! I already know it is a stupid and completely unoriginal name. But it can't be helped, past cannot be changed. Believe me, if there was a way for me to go back in time and slap myself for every stupid decision I made I would gladly take it.

Either way, there I was, trotting through the village with most idiotic name I could think of. The worst part was, it actually worked. I soon became known for my acts of pure kindness. Everypony loved me, the word about kind pony named Glimmering Heart spread across The Equestria. Every time we came into a town we were treated as heroes and I was treated as their friend. Back then I believed I truly was their friend but... I wasn't.

One day while we were having a lunch a fellow changeling came to me and told me what has become of our home. He told me that everything was destroyed, that they were driven away from the land that belonged to us. They were starving, they didn't have a home or anyone to protect them and all this time I lived a carefree life. I did wonder how others were doing but I never actually went back to check. I just assumed they were okay.

I couldn't let them starve like that, that's why I did the stupidest thing my younger idiotic self could think of. I went to ask villagers for help. Obviously they disagreed with me. They called me crazy saying that nopony should help such monsters. I was insulted and hurt so I showed them who I really was. I tried to explain to them how I felt and told them about my dream of peace.

It didn't go well...

They started calling me a monster as well, they chased me out of their village and same happened wherever I went. All my acts of kindness were quickly forgotten, like they have never happened. Nopony thought of me as kind caring pony anymore. All they saw was a monster.

Its funny how ones opinion about somepony can change so drastically when they find out what you really are.

It's then that I realised: they did not deserve my kindness! None of them! I decided that I will never again be kind to anypony or any other creature in Equestria. Changelings were the ones I should be kind to, they are the ones I should care about!

He tried to stop me. He told me that not everypony was like them. I didn't believe him, I don't believe these words now. Everypony is exactly the same. They are stupid, shallow and cruel to every other creature that shares this planet. I lost all my hope in peace and harmony that day, and all that was left was hatred!

I hurried back to my fellow changelings. I gathered them, I promised to protect them, I united them and led them back to our home. I still remember that battle to this day. How glorious we were. Our home was ours again and all that was left was to feed them.

So I took them to all the villages I visited during my travels and they feasted upon everyone who ever called me and my kind a monster!

And my dear friend that started all this? I remember the shocked look on his face as he watched me tear the stupid necklace he gave me off my neck and throw it at his feet.

He must have felt betrayed, I personally have nothing against him but I couldn't afford to stay by his side. He was too foolish, believing in magic of friendship, hah! Like such thing exists!

And that's how I got my title: Chrysalis, The Queen of Changelings!

Author's Note:

And that's the first chapter of this story, the next chapter will be about another member of the group and it will be told from their perspective. Also I didn't want to completely reveal who is who and I will most likely keep it a secret until the end of their chapter. I'll leave it to you to try and figure out who has what role in the story.

Also the necklace is inspired by Chrysalis's Guardian Badge from “Guardians of Harmony” toy line.

Hope you guys liked it, if you find any mistakes please point them out in the comments or send me a message :raritywink:

Comments ( 8 )

I love it!!!Very creative!!

:raritystarry:

6955831 Im your biggest fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart:

6978597

Really? But I've only started 2 stories, that's hardly enough to evaluate someone's skills? Maybe you should wait a bit and see whether my work is good enough or not, it's hard to tell how good or bad I am just from a few chapters. :)

That was a great first chapter, this story got some great potential and i'm eagerly waiting for more!
how did you come up with this idea? :pinkiesmile:

7031260

Thanks,
I'm not really sure how I got the idea. I just thought one day: "What if mlp villains were good before and even had the same role as mane 6 but something went wrong?" and since pretty much every villain appeared thousand years ago it made me think what exactly happened back then? (must've been crazy year or something XD )

The only problem is, I can't really finish the story until we get one more villain in mlp that I can work with. (currently there are only 5: Chrysalis, Sombra, Tirek -he might be a bit of a problem- , Nightmare moon and Discord) Starlight and Sunset aren't really villains and don't fit with others, I can't really think what to do with The Dazzlings and all other villains are minor villains (only for one or two episodes)

I'll try to update as often as possible but the story won't be finished until one more villain shows up.

7035102

I see your problem with the odd numbers. In my personal opinion i don’t think the Sirens would fit in. (Never thought I would say that). However they can still be used. Sense they caused so much conflicts (according to Rainbow rocks at least).

The minor villans would not really make sense if the time setting is before celestia and luna got the elements to fight discord.

However i belive you can make it work :twilightsmile:

Good luck! :twilightsheepish:

7035268

I thought about using them in the story but I still need to figure out what I want to use them for :D

I hope we get some good villains in season 6 (I wish they would add Grogar)

Login or register to comment