• Published 19th Feb 2016
  • 658 Views, 10 Comments

It's Just Camp - TwistedRealitySpace



It's just camp, right? Yeah, sure. That is what Lightning Dust would like to believe, when her parents send her off to some sort of hardcore camp, that they claim will help her.

  • ...
3
 10
 658

Chapter Four

"Hurry up, Lilac Sky! You finished showering, you're just hogging the shower on purpose!" Lightning Dust complained, standing near the shower cube, where the purple pegasus was.

"Sorry, Lightning! I'll be out in a second!" Lilac Sky answered. A few seconds after, the shower curtain opened, to reveal a nice and clean Lilac Sky.

"Whew, thanks. You took forever!" Lightning Dash commented, offering a small smile as an apology for her rudeness.

Lilac Sky giggled in response, and trotted out of the bathroom.

Lightning Dust stepped into the shower cube, and quickly turned on the water. Letting out a small shriek, she leaped back. The water was cold! Slowly, she waited until the water heated up. However, the water seemed to remain freezing. With a long sigh, Lightning Dust reluctantly stepped in, and let the cold water soak into her coat.

Rapidly, she sprung out of the water's way, and closed the shower curtain. Picking up a sponge, she squirted some shampoo on it, and began ridding her fur of any mud stains, or dirt from the Capture The Flag game, earlier. She didn't want to show up to the pizza place dinner all dirty, and stinky. Not that she was trying to impress anyone, of course.

As soon as Lightning Dust finished, she stepped back in the water, and let it rinse off the shampoo. She did the same to her mane, and shut off the water, as soon as she was done.

Lightning Dust took a towel that was hanging from a rack, and pulled her mane up to wrap around it, while sitting on the bench. As soon as she was finished drying, she began combing her mane.

"Wow, who are you getting ready for?" Spring Step, one of the mares in her cabin asked. Spring Step exited from her shower, and quickly wrapped a towel around her shivering frame.

"No one. I just don't wanna show up looking like shit." Lightning Dust shrugged nonchalantly, adding a roll of her golden eyes.

"Seems legit. So how did you get so fast? Seriously, you're like lightning out there." Spring Step paused, and grinned. "Pun intended."

Lightning Dust couldn't suppress the smile that lit up her face, as she laughed. "Nice. It's been my dream to fly faster than any other pegasi in Equestria, since I was a filly." She admitted, ridding her golden mane of the tangles that had previously made a home there.

"Huh. So, you've been training, or...?" Spring Step asked, shaking out her coat and mane. To Lightning Dust's amusement, Spring Step's white and pink mane that was usually kept straightly-combed, was now puffed out at all angles.

Lightning Dust had finished combing her mane and tail, and answered the question with a chuckle. "I'd fix my mane, if I were you." She said smugly, over her shoulder.

As soon as she stepped out of the bathroom, a bundle of purple and yellow knocked into her. "Hey! Watch it!" Lightning Dust complained, looking up to see another one of her Cabinmates.

"Aren't you going out to dinner, to celebrate coming in first place in the race, this morning?" The purple pegasus asked, eagerly. Her violet eyes were lit up, in anticipation.

"Yeah. Yeah, I am." Lightning Dust replied, brushing some dust off her shoulder.

"Well, you cannot go out there like that!" She stated, boldly. "Oh, I'm Cloud Kicker, by the way" She added, in a more friendlier tone.

"Uh-huh. Okay Cloud Kicker, what's wrong with how I look?" Lightning Dust asked, bemused.

Cloud Kicker rolled her eyes, as if it was obvious. "Everypony needs a little accessory, when they're going out to a special event. Here, put this in your mane." She suggested, taking a small pink flower, and leaving it at Lightning Dust's hooves.

Lightning Dust looked down at the small flower. "Are you sure? I don't wanna take your... Thing."

"Oh, it's fine! Keep it, I never use it anymore." Cloud Kicker shrugged. She shot Lightning Dust a happy smile, before trotting back to her bunk bed.

"It won't hurt." Lightning Dust mumbled to herself quickly, and picked up the pink daisy flower. She went back into the bathroom, and fixed it near her left ear. Thinking that maybe Cloud Kicker was right, she trotted back out.

"Hey, there you are! Ugh, you take so much time, let's go!" Rainbow Dash pretty much screamed in Lightning Dust's face.

"Geez, alright. Bye, Daring!" Lightning Dust called out, waving shortly to the tanned mare. Daring Do was playing a card game with Lilac Sky and Cloud Kicker. She put her cards down, and waved back.

Lightning Dust elegantly trotted side by side with Rainbow Dash, puffing out her chest slightly. She wanted to seem as graceful as possible, when they walked in for dinner. The flower in her mane, gave her an extra boost of self-confidence as well.

"What's up with the daisy?" Rainbow Dash asked, finally.

"Cloud Kicker gave it to me." Lightning Dust answered, nonchalantly. She opened the door to the diner, and was greeted by the rich, warm smell of pizza. Rock-and-roll music played, and Lightning Dust found herself liking the pizza place instantly. She looked around, to see Thunderlane and another stallion she didn't know already seated at a table for four ponies.

Rainbow Dash zoomed over to the table, but Lightning Dust decided to take it slow. She gracefully trotted to the table, and took the seat across Thunderlane. He smiled warmly at her, and she smiled back.

"Hello. I am Whiplash, Camp Dynamics' rewards program counselor." The stallion that Lightning Dust did not recognized stated. He had a gray coat, with a short black mane, and tail, along with a mustache. Lightning couldn't see his cutie mark, since they were sitting, but did notice he had a nice pair of shades on, along with a cornflower blue baseball cap, with Camp Dynamics scribbled on the front, in bold lettering.

"I'm Rainbow Dash. And that's Lightning Dust." Rainbow stated, looking over at Whiplash. "We came in first and second for the flying race today." She clarified, pride lacing onto her words.

Whiplash nodded. "I understand that. I believe you know Thunderlane as well?" He asked, jerking his chin to the dark-coated stallion.

Lightning Dust and Rainbow Dash nodded in unison.

"Good. You three will be well-known in Camp Dynamics, for your speed. I will make sure of that." Whiplash stated. "However, all three of you cannot share the fame."

Rainbow Dash, Thunderlane and Lightning Dust exchanged glances.

"Uh, I wasn't gonna share the fame, anyways." Rainbow Dash joked, breaking the awkward pause.

Whiplash ignored her comment. "The week before you all pack your bags and go home, there will be a competition held, between the three top flyers. Whoever wins the race here at Camp Dynamics, will be able to represent us against the ultimate race, against other Summer Camps." He explained.

"How much other camps are there?" Thunderlane asked, bluntly.

"There is four other camps, and in total we are five." Whiplash answered.

"So, is the competition gonna be... A flying race?" Lightning Dust asked, casually. She layed her elbow on the table, and leaned sideways a bit, to give her a better posture.

"Yes, it will be a flying race, but not what you'd think. You're flying over a lake. Mountains surround you, and on those mountains are ponies from other camps trying to shoot you down with foam ball cannons. If the foam ball touches you three times, you're out of the race. The flight is exactly five miles. With each mile, a new challenge will arrive." Whiplash said, professionally.

Finally, the waitress came by. "Howdy! Welcome to Lime's Pizzeria, what can I get for you?" The mare asked, cheerfully.

Lightning Dust picked up her menu. "I'll have a small cheese pizza, with pepperoni." She said, to the waitress.

Using her magic, the waitress scribbled down Lightning's order, and nodded. "For the drink, and appetizer, ma'am?"

"Er, I'll take sparkling apple cider, for my drink. For the appetizer, a small bowl of salad. Extra croutons." Lightning Dust answered, with a small nod.

"Allrighty! What would you like, sir?" She asked, turning to Thunderlane.

Lightning Dust watched, as his bright amber eyes scanned the menu. "Um... For the pizza, may I have a plain small cheese?"

The waitress jotted it down, and asked for the drink and appetizer. As soon as everyone was done ordering, the waitress scurried away, leaving the four of them to chat again.

Whiplash and Rainbow Dash became engaged in a conversation, about the ultimate race, while Thunderlane and Lightning Dust listened. Well, Thunderlane did. Lightning Dust was too busy shooting the dark-coated stallion looks.

After five or six peeks, Thunderlane caught her eye. He smiled crookedly.

"Oh, hello. Long time, no see." He joked.

Lightning Dust laughed lightly. "I know, right?" She answered, not quite knowing what to say.

"So, how have you been liking Camp Dynamics? First day here, and man we are stocked." Thunderlane chuckled. He let out a small yawn. "That Capture The Flag game was intense."

"It was. Plus, you almost got me out with your paint gun." Lightning Dust pointed out, shooting him a fake glare.

"Nooo, that wasn't me. It was my teammate, Flitter." Thunderlane answered, quickly.

"Oh."

So that had been the pale violet mare's name. Flitter.

"Yeah. But hey, you guys won. Hoops and Dumb-bell were telling me about the two 'jerks' who stole our flag." Thunderlane laughed. "That was a pretty clever move, that you and Clear Skies pulled off."

"It was, considering we pretty much planned it out in sign language, while we were hiding in the bushes." Lightning Dust chuckled, and brushed a golden lock of her mane, that usually fell into her eyes.

"Really? I thought the Fire and Earth Cabin had planned that while we were still getting our shielded glasses and paint guns." Thunderlane admitted.

Lightning Dust nodded. There was a while of silence between the two. Smiling, blushing, Looking into each other's eyes, and then looking at the ground was the process repeated by the two pegasi.

Finally, their dinner arrived.

"Man, I am hungry." Thunderlane said, taking a bite of his pizza.

Lightning Dust bit into her pizza slice, thoughtfully. She decided to tune into Whiplash and Rainbow Dash's conversation.

"...And we have a dance coming up in three weeks, so we'll need help decorating our gym." Whiplash was saying to Rainbow Dash, and Lightning Dust's ears pricked slightly.

Because what she had heard, was three weeks to ask Thunderlane to the dance.

And by the look on Thunderlane's face, he was thinking the same thing.

Comments ( 1 )

Dommage que ça ne continu pas

Login or register to comment