• Published 28th Jan 2016
  • 325 Views, 5 Comments

Blizz-arity - Compendium of Steve



A freak winter storm threatens to smother Equestria, and only Rarity is aware of it. Can she withstand its fury, and what will she find at its center if she does?

  • ...
 5
 325

The Hearth

A whisper of wind and a profound brightness broke through Rarity’s numbed psyche. Opening her eyes she was met with a veil of white, prompting her to rise up out from under the covers. When her face was met with brisk, revitalizing air, she realized that she was covered in a literal blanket of snow which… was surprisingly comfortable. Looking around, she saw that she was lying on the side of a snowy hill out in the countryside beneath a crisp blue sky. It had to be late morning, judging by the distant sound of songbirds and the relative position of the sun. Then she realized that it wasn't entirely bird song that filled the air.

“Rarity!”

Next thing she registered were the group of ponies rushing up to her, plus one tall individual with really long green hair. Her closest friends, all with worried looks and frantic to reach her. They soon do, and crowd around the snow-covered mare.

“Thank Celestia we finally found you!” Twilight said in great relief.

“Oh, good morning, girls.” Rarity gave a restful yawn. “What's going on?”

“What in tarnation were ya thinkin’ wanderin’ around in a blizzard in the dead of night?” Applejack chastised, looking huffy from the cold and from exhaustion.

“Huh? I did what?”

“You went for the cider last night, remember?” Rainbow asked. “When you didn't come back, I go look and find that you left the castle during, as Applejack pointed out, a frickin’ blizzard!”

“We thought you went back to your home, so Rainbow volunteered to go and check on you,” Twilight elaborated.

“And you weren't there either! We had to wait until morning to find out what happened,” Rainbow finished.

“I was so worried and scared, I couldn't get any sleep,” Fluttershy fretted.

“You seemed to have cleared town completely when we started looking,” the diva said, joining in. “That really got your friends worked up. What exactly were you up to?”

“I… I honestly cannot recall,” Rarity replied. “I remember volunteering to get the cider, but… nothing after that.” She looked at her concerned friends, remorse filling her eyes. “I'm sorry for having you worry for me once again. I just wish I could offer some explanation for such a rash, dangerous undertaking.”

“That's okay, Rarity; as long as you're safe and sound, that's all that really matters!”

Pinkie Pie dived onto Rarity to glomp her with a snuggly hug. The party pony then remarked, “Wow, you're like, really warm and cozy. Like a marshmallowy teddy bear.”

“Uh, thank you?”

Twilight lit up her horn briefly, then after it switched off she asked, “Were you lying here the whole night, Rarity?”

“Maybe? Again, I don't remember anything.”

“It’s just that I'm not detecting any traces of hypothermia, or even a drop in body temperature. Given how strong the blizzard was, plus the amount of exposure you would have had, I was expecting you to be in far worse condition.”

“Really, Twi? Trying to spoil the happy reunion?”

Twilight gave an uncomfortable giggle at Rainbow's query. “S-sorry. I just find it incredibly unusual, but I'm still glad she's perfectly fine.”

“Well let's get her outta the snow before you jinx it and she gets a cold,” Applejack stated.

“I can carry you back if you want,” the diva offered, but Rarity raised a hoof in decline.

“No no, I can manage. Thank you anyway.”

Rarity got up on her fours and shook off the remaining snow, eliciting a giggle from Pinkie who got hit with some of the powder.

“Now then, shall we go back to town? I believe there's a stage that needs my fashionable supervision.”

“Oh yeah, it's being put together right now,” the diva responded. “But don't you want to freshen up first? Maybe get some breakfast?”

“Now that you mention it, I am feeling rather famished. Then yes, let us adjourn for sustenance, and afterward we can resume making Ponyville ready for the best Hearth’s Warming ever!”

“Wahoo! All aboard the Rarity-isn't-dead-let’s-party train!”

Pinkie bounced along merrily toward town, followed by her laughing friends and their otherworldly guest. Their hearts filled with anticipation for the coming celebrations, they walked together in harmony, blissfully unaware of the shroud that had silently removed itself from their midst. But that's really all for the best, wouldn't you agree?

...Oh, but what’s this? It appeared the shroud had materialized and was running over the snowy plains, in shorts no less! It’s rather disappointing seeing him flee in this manner; it shouldn’t make any difference to him whether his pursuer was armed with a sword or not. The two dashed madly over the white until the well-dressed dragon took the initiative and leapt at his prey, tackling him into a snowbank where they promptly disappeared. Undoubtedly to plunge into more mischief. But for now, it’s simply… —>

The End

...plus a BONUS CONCERT!

HAPPY WINTER!!

\^O^/

Author's Note:

And so that's finally it: done and done, and with ample Miku for a fond farewell to this silly trilogy. Hopefully someone out there enjoyed this, or at least the killer music that came with it. Anyways, see you around in spring.
*burrows away for the rest of winter*

Comments ( 3 )

Very good, and lovely selection of songs.

7425702
Thank you! And thanks for the comments as well; it makes this silly fic a wee bit less lonely.

Your welcome!:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment