• Published 18th Jan 2016
  • 2,749 Views, 16 Comments

A Very Screwy Pregnancy. - MLPRainbowHeart



Screwball's pregancy is worse than she thought. Mood swings, food carvings, nauseas, contractions, etc. Join them in the road to parenthood, and see who gets it worst. Screwy,or Mothy?

  • ...
3
 16
 2,749

Month 2: Symptoms

In Screwball's first month she and Mothball went to the Crystal Empire. They stayed some weeks there and passes Heart Warming Eve there. After a week or so they went back to their home and normal life.


It was a nice, dark and quiet morning. Mothball was resting peacefully in his bed when he heard some sounds. His ears perked up as he moved to the side his wife was resting. She wasn't there. He then heard the sound again. It sounded like.. liquid and chunks of something going down. He looked at the bathroom and heard the sounds again.

"Screwy??" He shouted.

"I'm-hurrrrggggeee-in the bathroom!!" He heard a shout. He walked to the bathroom and knocked.

" Can I come in?"

"Yeah."

Mothball entered the bathroom to find his wife sitting by the toilet. She looked exhausted and her usual happy mood wasn't noticeable.

" Are you okay?" He said walking to her side. Screwball stood up and sighed.

"Yeah, I think it's over now." She said then washing her teeth.

" I know it's obvious... but were you throwing up?" Mothball said only receiving a glare from his wife.

" It's normal.." She said walking out of the bathroom.

"I read it in the internet. It has all sort of crazy symptoms." She said again throwing herself on the bed.

" Oh yeah... when do the mood swings start?" Mothball said laying by her side. Screwball looked at him with an ' Are you kidding me?' look.

" What!? You scared of me!?!?! Huh huh!?!?" She suddenly shouted out of nowhere. Mothball gaped at her for some minutes.

" Well, ugh you know what, your sleeping on the couch!" Screwball said pushing Mothball and making him fall to the floor.

" But I just asked-"

"GO!" Mothball was about to argue but he felt something something touching him in the back. He turned around and saw a..... boot? It kicked him making him fall out of the room.

"Thank you." Screwball said with a smile and closed the door with her magic. Mothball sighed and rubbed hi back after yawning.

" Well that answers my question." He said going downstairs. He then sat on the couch and looked at the time.

7:38

He sighed and looked to the kitchen. He was starving. He only ate chocolate milkshake since it tasted like love. He COULD eat solid food but it didn't tasted well. Like for example, when Fluttershy made that breakfast. Screwball seemed to love it, but Mothball didn't. He said he did just not to hurt her feelings or Screwball's. It actually tasted really bad. The only one that made the chocolate milk really good and fast was Screwball and Fluttershy. He had no powers to just poof it, or any idea on how to make it. He then sighed and looked upstairs. He couldn't ask Screwball, she would kick him again, but he was starving. He sighed and decided to try it. He went upstairs and knocked.

" Screwy?" He said, trying not to get on her bad side again. But instead of hearing any response he heard sobbing. He opened the door quickly and saw Screwball crying. He ran to her and moved her mane out of her face.

" Hey.. what's wrong??" He said lovingly, knowing it was another mood swing. Screwball sniffed.

" W-what if I'm not a good mother?" She said still crying.

" You will be a good mother Screwy. " He said laying down by her side slowly, not wanting her to explode again.

" But how are you so sure??" She said then putting her hooves on her face. Mothball smiled and wrapped his wing around her, bringing her closer to him.

" Because, you are my wife. Because you are Screwball. Because.. I love you and I know that you are a beautiful, lovingly, caring, nice, cute mare. And nothing can change that." He said with a warm smile. Screwball smiled and hugged him tighter than ever.

" Oh Mothy, I'm so sorry for treating you that way!" She said crying again.

" Don't worry.." He said. She was crying again. Boy, this mood swings were though. She sniffed and laid her head on his chest.

" You must be starving." Screwball said then sitting up. Mothball sighed in relief.

" Yeah."

Screwball smiled and appeared a big glass of chocolate milkshake. Mothball smiled and started drinking it, like if it was the end of the world. Screwball giggled and appeared on her lap her own plate of eggs, covered in chocolate. Mothball frowned. He wasn't sure if they were food carvings, or just Screwball.


" Well, so far it's good. Your baby is developing really well! I can't see it too well, but I could see the ,most important things." The doctor said with a smile. She was a unicorn with white coat and pink mane, wrapped in a pony tail. Her cutie mark was a lily blossom and a needle. Her turquoise eyes moved to Screwball.

" I'm happy to hear that." Mothball said with a smile.

" When can we know the genders Lily?" Screwball said, she knew Lily very well.

" Well, come here in like 3 months, It may be possible for me to see the foal." Lily said with a smile.

" So how much?" Mothball said. Lily rolled her turquoise eyes.

" I told you a thousand times, you don't have to pay me for your visits." She said turning off the screen.

" Please Lily, you are way too kind." Screwball then said getting down the bed and walking to Mothball. Lily just shook her head.

" Fine." Mothball said gesturing for his wife to walk out. He then let Lily pass. He was left alone at her office and left 5 bits on top of her desk. He smiled and went outside of the office.

After getting outside the building they decided to go visit Discord and Fluttershy.


Knock Knock

''I'll get it!'' Discord shouted going to the door. When he opened it his smile grew bigger than it already was.

"Daddy!" Screwball shouted. She hugged her father. Discord happily hugged her back.

"So what is the gender?" Fluttershy said tying up her mane in a bun.

"We don't know, at least until 3 months." Mothball said. Discord nodded.

"I can't wait to be a grandfather!!! Yay! " he said making everyone giggle.

"Want to go eat tonight?" Fluttershy said. Screwball nodded happily.


Screwball was combing her mane and Mothball was in the bathroom. Screwball knocked on the bathroom door.

"Mothy!! Hurry!" She shouted. Almost immediately Mothball opened the door. He had a tuxedo and his mane was not so messy like always. Screwball smiled.

"You look so handsome Mothy!" She said happily. Mothball scoffed.

" Really! " She said nudging him. Mothball smiled. Screwball took her dress and entered the bathroom. After some minutes she came out. Her dress was white white purple swirls matching her eyes and mane. She had some pretty white earrings and a beautiful messy bun. She winked at him playfully and went to the mirror. She started putting some makeup. She looked at Mothball who was smiling.

" Mothy! Stop staring!" She said with a giggle.

"Can't. Your too pretty." He said making her blush.

"Well, enjoy it! Cause in some months I'm going to look a fatty patty." She said with a sigh. Mothball chuckled and wrapped his hooves around her.

"It doesn't matter. You will still be beautiful!" He said. Screwball giggled.

"Look at the time!" She said making an excuse to get out of his embrace. She got out with a smile. Mothball chuckled.

"I'll get you later." He said making her eyes widen. She giggled and walked fast to the door. He followed her and they both went to the restaurant.


When they entered a slow violin music was playing. The tables were all fancy and candles were in the middle of each table. They both searched for the table. Then a light green mare with dark purple mane came to them.

" Good night, welcome to Wine and Dinner, my name is Purple Wine, table for two?" She said with a small smile.

"Good night, actually my parents already reserved a table." Screwball said. The mare looked at her papers.

"Discord and Fluttershy" Mothball said.

"Ahhh, yes. Follow me." Purple Wine said. She guided them to a four chair table. Two sits were already occupied by a draconoquus with a tuxedo and by a pretty pegasus with a turquoise dress. Her mane tied in a messy bun and her eyelashes longer than ever. Screwball and Mothball sat down and smiled.

"Hello, you look really nice today." Fluttershy said making everyone laugh. She bat her eyelashes innocently and giggled.

"So, any thoughts on names?" Discord said.

"Well, we have been thinking... like, if it's a filly I said Rose, Aura, Dove, Ambar and Nightlight." Screwball said smiling.

" I like Rose." Fluttershy said.

" I don't like the name Aura. It sounds like a trouble maker. But I really like Dove." Discord said. Screwball nodded.

"And if it's a colt I thought of: Moonlight, Lucky, Pepper and Mystic." Mothball said.

" Nice." Fluttershy said. Then a waitress came. It was a stallion, his mane was red and his coat was light brown.

" May I take your order?" He said.

" Yes, I want the salad, what exactly does it have?" Fluttershy said.

" Ah yes, the famous salad! It has small tomatoes, peanuts, almonds, cheese and optional hay."

" Well thank you, I would want to add the hay please." Fluttershy said giving her menu to the stallion.

" I want the soup please, the fish soup." Discord said. Everyone shook their heads in disgust.

" I would want the um, Pasta Alfredo." Screwball said. The stallion nodded.

" I just want a chocolate milkshake please." Mothball said.

"Drinks?"

"Water for all please." Discord said.

"Except for me." Mothball said.

" I will come back in a short amount of time." The waitress said and left.

" So, fish?" Screwball said looking at her dad.

" Oh please, I will add chocolate and cotton candy. Along with a few more things." Discord said. Fluttershy giggled.

" Excuse me!" Purple Wine shouted on top of the stage.

" We have a very special guest! Please welcome, Countess Coloratura!" She shouted. Everypony clapped.

"Who?" Mothball whispered to Screwball.

"You'll see." Screwball said.

"We all now her incredible catchy songs and her fabulous style, but this time our favorite singer will come as her sweet simple self who we all love too!" Purple Wine said as Rara came on stage. Everypony cheered again.

"Thanks P.W. Hello everypony! You all now my new song Razzle Dazzle, but this is a fancy restaurant so I can't sing it." She said gaining a laugh from the audience. " So I will sing to you my new song, The magic inside." She said making everybody cheer. She sat down in front of her piano and started singing.

Author's note: I suggest you hear this through this scene. Just to be in the story. When it stops you can stop hearing it though :3.

They all settled again and let their ears hear those beautiful lyrics.

"Wow.." Mothball said. " Her voice is beautifull!" He said.

" You bet it is!" Discord said. They both earned a glare from their mares.

" But yours is better!" They both said. They all laughed together.

"But really, she sings amazing." Fluttershy said. Screwball nodded. Then the waitress came again with the drinks.

"Thanks." Fluttershy said. The stallion nodded and left.

Some minutes later the waitress came again with an awkward smile.

"I-I'm so sorry family. But we have a problem in the kitchen, your food is going to take a while." The waitress said.

"Oh.. well okay." Fluttershy said. The stallion left.

"Ugh, I'm so hungry how much to we have to wait??" Screwball said.

"Screwy, the waitress left some seconds ago." Discord said.

"Ughhhhhh" Screwball moaned.


After some hours the Discord family was desperate. The owner of the restaurant came to their table with an awkward smile.

"Hello family.. There is a major problem at the kitchen but I already ordered the chefs to start making your food." He said. Fluttershy was about to speak but she was interrupted.

"Finally!! What the heck took you so long!?!?!" Screwball shouted hitting the table. The stallion blinked and cleared his throat.

"I-I told you miss.. the kitchen h-has a problem.." He said getting scared after seeing Screwball's hard glare.

"Well I-m starving!! Go ahead and make my food!" She shouted.

"Y-yes ma'am." The stallion said and walked away.

"Faster!!"

He ran to the kitchen. At the table Screwball received glares from everypony except Mothball.

" Screwy! What was that?" Fluttershy said surprised.

"I'll tell you what! This restaurant is garbage!" She shouted.

"Screwball!" Discord said putting his claw on her shoulder. Screwball crossed her hooves and looked to the other side. After some minutes the waitress came back sort of shaking.

"H-here. Also, we will give you 10% free.." The waitress said.

"Finally!" Screwball shouted and took her plater. She started eating like if there was no tomorrow.

Author's Note:

Hey! I'm sorry, my computer damaged and I couldn't do a chapter. But this is with my phone so chapters may come in the future but slowly. I know I have mistakes, please tell me about them. Also please comment your thoughts. And btw, what happened with the Discord family happened to my family in Olive Garden. Lol well enjoy!

- Read,Write,Draw!

Comments ( 8 )

Grandchildren of Discord

Wait there a fourth one now! I haven't even finish Daughter of Discord yet! :pinkiecrazy::twilightoops:

6902174 Hehe, well I wish you luck on your journey!

6902264 But I don't like Daughter of Discord, Bride of Discord was okay and I haven't touch the third yet. Thank you.

6902274 Uh okay. Everyone has their own thoughts. If you wish you could drop by and check my story. It doesn't really have anything that is in Daughter of Discord. And since im not the same author maybe its different. Well I don't mind if you don't. Have a good day:twilightsmile:

This is my opinion, and this as a lot of criticism, so yeah

First off, have the Alternate Universe tab, cause there's a lot that doesn't make sense unless it's on, like the fact there's another alicorn in the Crystal Empire, or the fact Cadence and Shining Armor knows Screwball and Mothball, and a lot more too, so turn it on so your story can make more sense. Next, I believe in an alternate world where a daughter of chaos is born from nothing and is married and pregnant to a changeling, and a draconequus is married to a pegasus, I really do, but a filly getting married to someone who is probably way older in 6 months just, makes me really unstable, as you even called Dinky yourself "a filly" so she's under the age of marriage, we dont even know the age of her future husband, which means we have to guess he is old enough to marry, which kinda is wrong, and also, PONIES AREN'T BORN WITH CUTIE MARKS! YOU EARN THEM BY FINDING YOUR SPECIAL TALENT! Also you cant tell what race a baby is, or color, before it's born, you can only see the baby in green and black, or something, not in full color, which means you wont know what fur or mane the baby has, or if it's unicorn, as it's not done being developed yet, and the fact she already has a cutie mark, really doesnt make sense, can piss off bronies who know the show, or make science bronies facehoof their head off. Also waiter is male, waitress is female, you can't have a male waitress, as a waitress is female, you need to use, waiter as waiter is male.
I also notice you called the baby a she when right after they characters ask when will they find out the gender, so in chapter, say "It!" not she, as that contradicts the gender question.

So please, fix all those mistakes by having Dinky old enough, not still a filly, change "she" to "it" in chapter 2 as we wont know the babies gender, get rid off the unicorn and color part, as, thats not how early pregnancy checks work, as a baby's form wouldnt be complete to showing it's race, and pregnancy checks arent in color when you get to see the baby inside the womb, only green, change waitress to waiter, and add the AU tag, then you're good to go

Sorry this is very very criticized, but it makes 0 sense whatsoever with the way it is right now

7060175 Okay, first I'm the author. Just been banned due to age.
Second, I respect your opinion... but.

This is a story explaining the pregnancy of Screwball. I have another story called Grandchildren of Discord. If you actually read that, it will make more sense. Second, Grandchildren of Discord is a sequel to Daughter of Discord, or Son In Law of Discord. So, there are some of DF's characters here. You may wanna do some research before you criticize. Also, I can't chance it, because I don't have access to the story. Story has been cancelled.

7060175

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were born with theirs. It's possible, and is explained in like, Season 1.

"Hello family.. There is a major problem at the kitchen but I already ordered the chefs to start making your food." He said. Fluttershy was about to speak but she was interrupted.

I have actually been to a restaurant that took forever for our food to come and I have to say it is REALLY annoying when like that happens

Login or register to comment