• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 1,492 Views, 402 Comments

SweetieMash Minecraft Adventures : Return of the Nightmare. - CristalGalaxy



Sweetie Belle and Button Mash find themselves once again trapped in their favorite video game, this time accompanied by many of their friends. Their enemy is more determined than ever... And conflicts start to appear, splitting their friendship...

  • ...
4
 402
 1,492

8. The Escape

"How about... slamming the animal's head with a rock?" muttered Rumble, his hooves trembling as he saw the cow in front of him give out an innocent 'Mooo...?'.

"What are you, a butcher?" coldly replied Sweetie Belle, holding Helper right against her chest. "Don't worry, you don't have to watch..." she then murmured softly to him, protecting his eyes with her hoof.

"W... Why are we all watching the 'killing animals' part...?" winced Scootaloo, sadly watching the indeed very innocent looking cow Button had captured.

"It's essential!" insisted Button. "Plus, you guys have finished everything we had assigned... And we need more food!"

"Yep! We'll have to eat when we'll try and sleep in..." Sweetie Belle glanced at the dirt house that they had build, lying half under ground with a wooden base and roof, not forgetting the cobblestone messily placed around it all. "... whatever that is..."

"When ya told me that I was gonna be the architect, I didn't expect that it would be so hard!" grumbled Applebloom.

"At least the door is okay... I guess..." wondered Scootaloo, trying to cheer things up a bit.

"You do know that zombies can break down wooden doors...? Did you actually listen to anything I explained?!" groaned Rumble, facehoofing.

"Heh... I guess I may have-"

Crrrrrack!

All the foals jumped and Button and Sweetie Belle immediately drew out their wooden swords.
Scootaloo quickly backed away to the center of the group, soon followed by Diamond Tiara and Rumble.
Applebloom stayed next to the defenders, grabbing her sword as well.

They all froze as a pink coat rushed pass them, too fast to be caught, although too slow to be unidentified.

"Starlight!" shouted Button, panicked. "We forgot all about her!"

Sweetie Belle didn't reply and simply followed the pegasus, running at full speed behind her blue tail, her sword all ready to slash away as it floated in front of her.

Rumble did the same, and Scootaloo as well as Applebloom went after her.

Button hesitated.
He saw from the corner of his eye, a terrified Diamond Tiara dart to the house.

Well at least she'll be safe...

"Stay there okay?" yelled Button, not waiting for an answer. "Stay safe actually!"

He only had the time to see thankful eyes stare at him from the insides of the house before catching up with the others.

Rumble was in lead, Sweetie Belle was second and Applebloom was right behind.

As for Scootaloo, she was desperately trying to fly as well as run, which was considerably reducing her speed.

Button glanced behind him and saw the house was still near.

"Get back to a safe place okay?" he yelled, briefly wiping his tail in the right direction.

Scootaloo opened her mouth as if to protest, but then stopped and turned back.

That's two safe...

Button, thanks to his long legs caught up with the group, panting with effort.
He could vaguely see the sun setting but didn't pay any direct attention to that.

Rumble tried to jump on the pegasus, taking his chance, but she ducked him and he ended up grabbing a tuft of grass, bruising his wing.

"Ha! The day you catch up with me is the day we all die!" sneered Starlight, opening her wings and flapping them hard to pick up speed.

Button doubled his speed as well, pushing himself to the limits, going pass Sweetie Belle.
We can't let her escape! She's our only way out!

He was now very close to her and could almost hear her staggering breath.

Button prepared himself to jump on her...
He flexed his muscles, readied himself and-

That's when he saw them.
Them.

The glowing white eyes.
The huge glowing white eyes only a few hoofsteps away, hiding in the darkness.

They were so big, so intense...
They seemed to be plunging into the depths of his soul, penetrating his mind and digging in his veins.

Silence stretched over the whole world.

Time slowed for what seemed like an eternity as the only things that existed were the Eyes and Button.
His own eyes widened and he gulped back some fear, feeling... empty...

Slam!

Button didn't see the tree and went strait for it, hurting his hooves as they tried to minimize the impact.

"Button! Oh my Celestia! Are you okay?" screamed Sweetie Belle, stopping to lend him a hoof, concern clearly showing in her emerald eyes.

Rumble arrived next, his left wing folded against his body in a protective way.

Button scrambled to his hooves, feeling sweaty and trembling a little.
W... What the hell?!

"Guys... She escaped..." gloomily said Applebloom as she put her sword away, joining them.

Their gazes all turned to the disappearing patch of pink into the forest.

"Did you see something...?" asked Sweetie Belle, nuzzling the brown foal to comfort him.

"I... I don't know..." Button span around to look in the depths of the forest. The eyes were gone. They had disappeared as quickly as they had arrived.
"No... I guess I was just imagining things." He didn't want to worry his friends for something so small. Even though he was pretty sure all the feelings that he had experienced were real...

"Uh... I think we've best to get going... " mumbled Applebloom, nervously checking their surroundings and getting her sword back out.

A low growl was heard and they froze.

"Prepare yourselves..." murmured Sweetie Belle as she took her own sword in hoof. "This isn't going to be easy..."

The last few rays of sunlight disappeared completely and the foals were left with only darkness and frightening sounds.

Author's Note:

Should I write a short story (a 1000 words) about Derpy and The Doctor / comedy?