• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 1,492 Views, 402 Comments

SweetieMash Minecraft Adventures : Return of the Nightmare. - CristalGalaxy



Sweetie Belle and Button Mash find themselves once again trapped in their favorite video game, this time accompanied by many of their friends. Their enemy is more determined than ever... And conflicts start to appear, splitting their friendship...

  • ...
4
 402
 1,492

1. Released

My hoof-steps echoed through the dark hallway along side the noise of my new boss complaining.

"We rarely go down this part anymore, " he declared with an annoyed frown. "The food automatically appears in the cells and the prisoners wash themselves with... well let's just say they're happy when it rains" he snickered.

"When it rains, the place is almost flooded..." I pointed out. "And even when the sun is shining up there, drops of water always find a way to annoy anypony."

"Yes well..." grunted my boss, quickly making an umbrella appear above his head. "So why do I have to come here again?"

I had patiently explained it over and over again... But I should've known he wasn't going to listen. A discrete sigh escaped my lips.
"It's tradition that the director of this prison always assists the release of a prisoner. That's why."

He groaned as we arrived in front of cell number 207, located in the deepest parts of the prison at dozens of meters underground.
"I'm going to change that... This place is in a terrible condition!" he whimpered. "Anyways, who are we releasing today?"

I checked a piece of paper, situated on my trusty clipboard.
"It's a stallion. His name is GameSpark. Locked in here and sentenced for a year in prison because of child kidnapping, death intention and many more terrible things."

Yeesh... The guy certainly isn't very right in his head... I wonder if those two foals are okay...?

My boss shuddered and - without any hesitation of course - gave me the key.
"Well... W.. Why don't you open it?" he tried to give me a fake smile but I could clearly see his fear and selfishness.

I rolled my eyes and snatched the key from his grasp before mumbling a dry "Sure... Whatever..."

If I got attacked, he'd surely run for the hills instead of helping me.

Oh great... Great! Now I'm freaked out as well!

I turned the key in the thick keyhole and carefully opened the door, checking the inside and trying to look as intimidating as I could... Just in case.

A room with no windows, a tiny sink and a dusty hay bale was all that composed the room.
Plus the stallion inside it, facing the wall opposite of me.

That scared me more than anything, since I couldn't see his face.
I had no way of determining if he was sane or not.

So I quickly took the time to observe him while making the huge wooden cell door creak a little, to attract his attention and not have to go turn him around myself.

His green and orange mane was once beautiful, by the way it was shaped.
But now it was dirty, not taken care of and sticking out in every possible way.
And his coat was almost black because of the dust, even though I could detect a slight yellow color underneath.

His head started to slightly turn around and I prepared for anything, my wings flapping and shackles in hoof, ready.

But when his eyes met mine, I saw that they seemed perfectly sane.
And a welcoming smile was fixed upon his face.

I lowered my guard and stepped inside, feeling stupid for listening to my boss and getting scared.
"Your year is up GameSpark" I simply said.

His face seemed to lighten up in the dim lighted place and he gave a gentle sigh :

"Why thank you dearly! I know exactly what I had done wrong and now, I feel so much better, pure even!"

He leaned in closer and I stiffened up.
"And thank you for taking good care of me and feeding me!" he continued before passing strait next to me and joining my boss.

I stared in awe as the two started to discuss the quality of the food, while they made their way back up to the outside, through the long corridor.

The shackles I had in my hooves uselessly fell to the floor.
I shook my head.

Something was wrong! Something was very wrong!
Never a prisoner would behave in such a way!

I was about to close the cell's door and report to Princess Twilight his strange behavior when I noticed a sheet of paper sticking out from the bed.
I quickly picked it up and realized there were more even deeper under.

Where he had acquired that, I had no idea.
It immediately made me think that a traitor could be in our ranks.

Upon closer inspection, I realized they were actually pictures of foals and fillies. There were six.

A grey colt, a pink filly, an orange pegasus and an yellow earth pony were there, either playing, drinking milkshakes or simply laughing with each other.
Two in particular seemed to stick out more, a brown colt and a white filly who both had bright eyes and a shimmering smile.
There was even a picture where they could be seen cuddling on a bench.

But the worst part was, the photos were covered in blood. Probably his own.

Revenge and Buck them all! were scribbled everywhere in the red substance.

Plus there were little drawings that consisted in circles around the city, cubes with motifs on them, lines of coding and arrows scribbled a bit everywhere on the paper.

A few pictures had been torn to pieces as well.
I noticed some of the blood was fresh when I laid a hoof on one of them and a revolting red substance stuck it, dripping to the floor.
Which means he had cleaned it all up in a matter of seconds upon hearing us arrive, stuffing everything under the bed and then adopting a good position to be in.
He was smart...

I lifted my head in alarm and stormed out the cell, terrified.

But the two stallions were still talking and didn't seem to have any problems.

My heart was pounding now.
I had no idea what to do.

But one thing was sure.

That stallion was not ready to be let out for the sake of those two foals.

I quickly took a piece parchment out of my clipboard and started to write on it.

Dear Princess Twilight,
I am here reporting from the Ponyville Prison.
I would like to signal something abnormal about the stallion released today named 'Game-

The parchment was rudely taken out of my grasp.

I only had the time to lift my head before I felt some pain in my stomach.
Then in my hoof.
And finally in my head.

My eyes closed on the image of GameSpark and my boss grinning at me...
And my last thought was for the foals, that couldn't be warned of the danger.

Author's Note:

First chapter of this new story I hope to see all my ancient readers (and perhaps more!) in this!

Happy New Year in advance!