• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 1,480 Views, 402 Comments

SweetieMash Minecraft Adventures : Return of the Nightmare. - CristalGalaxy



Sweetie Belle and Button Mash find themselves once again trapped in their favorite video game, this time accompanied by many of their friends. Their enemy is more determined than ever... And conflicts start to appear, splitting their friendship...

  • ...
4
 402
 1,480

6. This Again...

Mooo! Moo! Moo...?

Button flinched upon hearing the noise and his ears flicked, a sign of his irritation.

Moo... Moo!

A groan came out of his mouth and he turned around, on his back.
Something bright hit his eyes even though they were closed.

"Gah!" the foal sat upright, his eyes stinging.

Something banged on his head.
"Ow!" a high pitched voice screamed.

Button felt pain as well and he placed a hoof on his face to hide his eyes from... sunlight...?

"I swear I wasn't watching you sleep!" the voice continued, staggering. "B... But I like totally thought you were dead or something!"

"Wuh?" muttered Button, finally taking off his hooves to rub his painful forehead.
"D... Diamond Tiara...? Why were we sleeping toge-"

Button stopped upon seeing where he was.

It was the plain...
The plain!
The one he had had many nightmares about in the last year.

"No... No! It's impossible! It's just all a nightmare... A filthy, filthy nightmare!" he uttered, closing his eyes to try and hide the blocky world before him.

"Button... Button Mash! Answer me!" came Diamond's voice from far away.
But the brown foal just curled up in a fetal position and proceeded to gently rock on the smooth grass.
Push back the memories... Push 'em away... This is not real...

"Button!" yelled another voice. "Snap out of it!"

Slap!

A long silence stretched over them all as Button slowly lifted up his hoof and lightly brushed his now bruised cheek.

"Wasn't that a little excessive Scootaloo...?" groaned Diamond.

"Hey! He needed that okay? He's already been in here, so we'll need him to tell us what to do... Do you know how to play?" scolded the orange pegasus in a defensive way.

Button simply continued to stare at the horrible sight.

Even though it wasn't that ugly.

The blocky world upon him was quite amazing to be honest. It was snowing just about a mile away and the sun was shining over them all, beautifully contrasting with a stormy bunch of clouds who were approaching them at a fast pace.

"Of course I don't know how to play Minecraft!
But why am I the one being told off when I think that my parents may be dead, that I have no idea where the others are, and when I just realized that I slept on some grass for the whole night… Some. Grass. Scootaloo!
Plus, do you have any ideas how long it takes to get my mane untangled?! So multiply that by two! And what do you get…? A whole hour lost because us mares must take care of ourselves! You foals can simply brush it off with a light movement of your hooves but…"

"Wow wow calm down okay? And I'm no foal!"

"Hey... Why are you guys all arguin'?" mumbled Applebloom, coming out of nowhere.

"And where's Rumble?" asked Diamond, changing subject.

"R... Right here..." came a voice out of the tall grass. "I feel like an army of changelings went through my head, buzzing like crazy!"

His head popped out.
"We all here?" then he noticed something on the floor and crouched down to look at it more closely.
A high pitched scream came out of his mouth and he quickly retreated back, shuddering.
"C... Caterpillars... They're so big" he murmured, his eyes vague.

Applebloom looked at the two fetal positioned foals and rolled her eyes.
Stallions...
"Where's Sweetie Belle?" she asked.

Button's head jerked up.
Where was Sweetie actually? Did they all pop in a the same time? Did she get out of GameSpark's hooves?
"W... What happened?! I can't really remember... Did I get hit by somepony? Did Sweetie escape-"

"Calm down! I think she was the last one to come..." murmured Rumble.

"If she got in..." dramatically said Diamond, attempting to brush out the pixel bits of dirt out of her mane.

Button's eyes widened and he froze, his ears shooting down.
He went back to his position on the grass and didn't move.

Rumble approached him, waved a hoof in front of his face then turned back to the group and declared : "Button.exe stopped functioning!"

A series of groans were heard and Applebloom facehoofed.
"Great ya broke him!" she grunted.

"H... Hey it wasn't my fault!" muttered Diamond.
"Not my fault he's so obsessed with his stupid marefriend instead of noticing others" she continued through gritted teeth, her voice lower than a whisper so that nopony else could hear her.

"Calm down a little Applebloom! She didn't mean to do that!" defended Scootaloo.

"Yeah, he was just our only chance of survivin'!"

"I didn't really need you to defend me but thanks anyways..." huffed Diamond.

Scootaloo took a step back, looking hurt.
"B... But-"

"Girls! Somepony's arriving!" shouted Rumble, having noticed a faint glow in a nearby bush.

They all gathered around, even Button who had jumped to his hooves at the indirect mention of Sweetie Belle.

"Phew!" exclaimed Applebloom upon spotting a white coat appearing. "That gal got me worried I'll admit!"

But her smile quickly turned into a frown that matched the others when she saw a pink coat accompanying the white.

With one last glow, the two figures came in view.

Sweetie Belle darted for cover, jumping onto Button and tackling him in a tight hug.

Button was about to laugh his stress away but the chuckle died in his throat as he saw tears streaming down her face.

"B... Button!" she cried. "It was horrible! I... I wanted to be with you so bad! I couldn't escape! He had this glow in his eyes and... and he said some horrible things! I was so scared that he'd keep me forever!"

Her sobs left everypony speechless as Button started to stroke her mane, anger rising up in his chest.
All their attention then turned to the pony who had accompanied her.

The pink mare was one of GameSpark's colleagues.
She got up, looking surprised upon seeing where she was before starting to flap her wings.

Rumble didn't give her time to leave and lunged at her, grabbing her mane in his teeth and pulling her down with all his strength.
Scootaloo quickly held her to the ground and Applebloom joined them.

"What's your name?" coldly asked Button, getting up although still not letting go of Sweetie Belle.

The mare didn't answer at first and desperately tried to struggle out of their hooves in vain.
Button glared at her with all the hatred he was capable of and saw a hint of resignation in her eyes.

Some droplets of cubic rain started to fall down and soak their coats.

"Starlight Shield..." the pegasus finally replied, looking away.

"Well guys..." smiled Button, turning back to the group. "I think we have a prisoner!"

Cheers were heard from all his friends as Sweetie wiped her tears and Diamond stopped trying to hide her mane from the rain.

At least we're together this time...

Author's Note:

Rumble's undying fear of caterpillars is confirmed.

Also, these will now come out every Wednesday, this one was just early.