• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 1,488 Views, 402 Comments

SweetieMash Minecraft Adventures : Return of the Nightmare. - CristalGalaxy



Sweetie Belle and Button Mash find themselves once again trapped in their favorite video game, this time accompanied by many of their friends. Their enemy is more determined than ever... And conflicts start to appear, splitting their friendship...

  • ...
4
 402
 1,488

28. At the End of The Mountain

Diamond Tiara's hooves gave out under her and she fell to the grass, her eyes full of tears.
She was shocked beyond words, her lips quivering. They opened, then closed, unable to utter a sound.

The fur on her neck had gone cold and droplets of sweat still ran down her hooves.

Hoofstep sounds came by and stopped next to her.
Diamond's head snapped around as she started crying. It was sudden. She didn't expect to cry.

Her hooves uselessly hit Rumble's chest with rage although the hits were weak. Her energy was gone.
"You... you... I... HATE YOU" she screamed, before taking a step back, her head down.
"Button... Button..." she placed her hooves on her ears and curled up in a ball, her pupils tiny. "Button" she was screaming and sobbing at the same time, taking deep breaths. "Button, Button, Button, Button, Button..."

Rumble approached her, worried and she heard him take a breath, about to speak.
She stood up before he could say anything and took a few steps back. "Murderer! Killer! I hate you! God I hate you!" Rumble's expression took a twisted turn and he got a little closer.
Fear replaced the aching pain in her heart.
"P... Please! What are you going to do to me?" she uttered, her voice down to a pathetic whimper.

All her senses had left her. The only sound was her own heartbeat.

"Diamond... I didn't kill them! Why would you even think that?"

"Yes you did!"

"No! I threw torches on them before the sand came crashing down!"

"To burn them before you buried them alive?!"

"No, where are these ideas coming from?" He looked hurt and afraid.

The sand blocking the entrance was progressively broken up, until the form of two ponies appeared.
Diamond's ears fell down as she watched Sweetie Belle and Button walk out, coughing from the dust as they brushed it off their fur, like two ghosts rising from their tombs.

"Sweetie Belle, Buttooooon!" she came crashing down on them, tackling them with a hug.

They acted surprised at the beginning, then tears came flowing out of Sweetie's eyes : "Diamond...! Oh Diamond...! I missed you so much!"

"How... How are you alive?! The... the sand... I saw it fall!" uttered the mare, gripping onto Sweetie's fur as if she was scared they could disappear.

"No, Rumble protected us..." sighed Button, glancing at the gray Pegasus.

Diamond stood up, and stared at him. He sheepishly looked down at his hooves and decided that the grass was extremely interesting.

"I'm sorry about what I said..." muttered Diamond Tiara, looking frustrated. She didn't bother to wonder how or why. That simply wasn't important.

"Yeah, sure no problem."

There was an awkward silence between the four of them before they decided to get back on track. They had to get through the mountain before nightfall...


"And that's how Creepers were created!" proudly finished Sweetie Belle as she jumped over another set of blocks.

"Wow..." nodded Diamond, not very interested as she stared at Button who was trotting with Rumble a few hoofsteps ahead.

"A bug?"

"Yeah, didn't GameSpark say that he had implemented a few bugs in the game? Well I realized that when I saw the sand on the ceiling in the cave wasn't falling down. It was a bug I had experienced at the beginning of the game. The only way to make sure it falls, is just to break a block around it."

"Huh. Never encountered that bug for sure. Good thing you knew about it or we'd be monster food by now. Thanks pal," Button taped his shoulder and smiled. "I guess I was wrong to think about you in such bad ways..."

"It's fine," Rumble said with a shrug. "I owed you."

They both looked at each other with a grin while trotting on ahead.
Sweetie and Diamond happily sighed in relief. It was nice to have the good times back.


The next day was spent walking. Again.
They went from unimaginable heat in the plain with no shade, to freezing cold up high in the biggest mountain. Fog was surrounding it, making their progress extremely hard.

Their only relaxing moment had been when Helper had freaked out about a bug that was apparently buried underground. He would not budge until he reached it, so they all had to help out, it eventually ending up in a mud fight.
The bug turned out to be a small terrified mole that only wanted to escape.
Helper was punished for his terrible sense of food by staying in the backpack and they all had to take a bath in the running cascade to wash off the dirt.

Although overall, the smiles were back and the minds were clear of all conflict.
It was a nice change.

The sun was just starting to set when they all exited the fog surrounding the mountain. Their fur gladly hit the last few rays of sun and their energy came back. Even Helper was happily clucking about, his punishment over.
Sweetie stared lovingly at him and remembered how she had desperately missed him the first few weeks upon their return home. It seemed like such a long time ago now... She wondered if Button missed Chaser. Probably...

He was the first to suddenly stop in his tracks, his gaze looking straight ahead.
Diamond followed with a gasp.
The two others noticed it and their eyes widened.

Diamond Tiara started sobbing, her heart sinking in relief.

"Thank... thank Celestia..." murmured Rumble.

And without a warning, they simultaneously started to run towards the flickering lights and wooden plank buildings that formed a beautiful village under their hooves.