• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 1,488 Views, 402 Comments

SweetieMash Minecraft Adventures : Return of the Nightmare. - CristalGalaxy



Sweetie Belle and Button Mash find themselves once again trapped in their favorite video game, this time accompanied by many of their friends. Their enemy is more determined than ever... And conflicts start to appear, splitting their friendship...

  • ...
4
 402
 1,488

30. Reunited

"Diamond Tiaraaaaaaa!" whined Scootaloo, hugging her tight. "I missed you so so much!"

"Where were you guys?!"

"We tried leaving trails..."

"I had absolutely no idea where the cave was!"

"... and there was this huge dungeon..."

"Scootaloo found a new pet!"

"... and Rumble scared the life out of us!"

"Okay, guys!" Button interrupted their lively chatter. "I know we've all missed each other and all, but we're being rude! How about we discuss this somewhere else?"

They all agreed a little annoyed, although still excitingly whispering things to each other.

"Do you know Miss Applebloom and young Scootaloo?" asked Panda Brush.

"Yeah, they're our friends. We came here together..." replied Sweetie Belle, giving him a warm smile.

He returned the smile and nodded. "Well if you're Scootaloo's friend, you're our friend. Welcome to the village!"

Then he took off - although he whispered something to a buttercream mare before leaving.
She approached them with a shy demeanor, nervously smiling.

"Howdy Timid Deer!" Applebloom said with a smile before murmuring to the group : "She's very, very shy..."

The earth pony cleared her throat and started speaking : "Hello Applebloom, I hope you and your friends continue to enjoy the peace of this village... As she said, my name is Timid Deer and I sincerely hope you'll accept me as a friend as well..."

Her voice was so sweet and delicate, Sweetie Belle was tempted to pat her turquoise mane like a kitten. That's when she realized the two deer horns on her head.
They were a light shade of brown and seemed to actually be a part of her body.

Sweetie glanced at the others and they indicated that they had noticed the horns as well.
She was a villager, a pony that didn't even exist. Why would GameSpark bother with a complex character design such as going as far as adding horns?

"I'll take you to the house you'll be sleeping in tonight!" smiled Timid. "This way please!"

They followed her through the village, admiring the old fashioned buildings. Ponies were getting ready for bed or dining around a campfire while loudly laughing. A mother was trying to put her two excited fillies to bed and a few Pegasus were hunting the fireflies. Everything was such a beautiful sight, even the torches gave out their own soothing addition to it all, warmly lighting the place up just right.
It was just too different from the actual Minecraft villages!

"It's so..." murmured Sweetie Belle.

"Peaceful?" completed Button with a grin.

Sweetie gave him a caring look : "You always know these kinds of things..."

"I guess I'd be a bad coltfriend if I wasn't an awesome fillyfriend mind reader..." he proudly said, sticking his tongue out before gently planting a kiss on her cheek.
She giggled and blushed.

Applebloom happily smiled at the two, but sensed negativity emanating from Rumble and Diamond Tiara.
She frowned and whispered to Scootaloo : "Are those two jealous or something?"

"What?! You mean Diamond Tiara likes Button?" Scootaloo exclaimed. "Pfft, SO expecting that..."

Applebloom quickly shushed her and was relieved when she saw nopony had heard her. "You're awfully quick to make these kinds of assumptions aren't ya...?"

Scootaloo looked down. "I guess I'm a fast pony," she mumbled, avoiding eye contact. "Probably get that from Rainbow Dash."
Then she stayed silent.

Applebloom decided she was going to leave all their love problems to each other and gladly noticed Timid Deer had come to a halt.
"Okay! Here is the house Scootaloo and Applebloom have been staying in for the past three night, I'm sure the other girls can stay in with them as well! Lullaby Bliss arranged everything for you." Then she sheepishly turned to the colts. "As for you two... Well to be honest we don't have any other houses for you to sleep in. We brought you a tent and sleeping bags, I hope you'll enjoy the night."

"So straightforward," whispered Diamond Tiara to Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah it's kind of weird how she suddenly concluded her little speech so quickly..."

"That's a small bug we've noticed with them." Scootaloo came to them as Timid left. "Sometimes they'll just stop in the middle of their sentence and say something completely random before continuing what they were doing."

"They also haven't perfectly mastered the art of language, so what they sometimes say can come out as weird." Applebloom turned to Button and Rumble : "Getting back to the matter at hoof, I know you guys are sleeping out tonight, but how about we go eat inside?"

The idea was cheerfully accepted and they all entered a pretty large house with a library and benches. A table and a few beds were randomly lying around.
A fridge was making a slight buzzing noise in the corner, and Scootaloo opened it to pull out some food.

Carrots, mushroom stew, potatoes and eggs were displayed on the table under the hungry eyes and watering mouthes. Apparently the villagers weren't much for eating meat here.

"Shall we cook the potatoes?" asked Diamond Tiara. "I'm up for something nice and warm!"

"Good idea!"

"I'll boil the eggs then!" Sweetie proposed to help.

"I want them scrambled..." murmured Scootaloo, pouting.

"How about a nice sunny side up?" asked Button and Rumble at the same time.

They all looked at each other before bursting out laughing. It was nice to be reunited.

While the fillies cooked, they all explained their own stories :
"And when we saw the village, we were so relieved!" finished Sweetie Belle with a quick chuckle.

"I was so scared something would snatch me up for some reason! I just ran!" giggled Diamond Tiara.

"No way, same here!" added Rumble with a big grin.

"I think we all had our fair share of adventures and we were just glad to finally be safe." Button then faced Applebloom and tilted his head : "Your turn to explain how you actually got lost!"

Applebloom told them how they hadn't found the cave, and their fear that their friends had gone looking for them : "We assumed you had traveled to the part of the World where you hadn't been last time. I admit we had a few difficulties at first, but Scootaloo found loads of new ressources and managed to craft a lot of things!" The Pegasus slightly blushed at the mention of her name. "That's when we found the village. Everypony was real nice with us, and they even let me grow a few crops with them. I gave them farming advice and I'm guessing they appreciated that!" Applebloom beamed. "Then, when you guys didn't show up, we quickly decided that we weren't gonna survive on our own and simply wait here until you would come."

"How were you sure we'd find each other?" asked Diamond Tiara, carefully slurping onto her steaming mushroom soup.

"We... We had no idea if we'd ever see you guys again. We just... hoped," murmured Scootaloo, and the rest of the group realized how hard it had been for the two fillies to survive on their own in a world they didn't know much of, and where they were the prey.

A small silence went by only punctuated by the mastication noises.
The lights outside were progressively dimming down, a few torches being removed here and there.

They all decided it would be time for bed, so that they could make the best of the next day.

Button kissed Sweetie Belle good night, Rumble tried to do the same with Scootaloo, got slapped in the face and they separated.
The two colts found the tent was just a few blocks away from the girls' house, which secretly reassured them. Nothing should happen without them knowing.

They both snuggled into a sleeping bag each, not bothering to enter the tent. It was way too small anyways.

Button looked up at the night sky that was full of stars, twinkling and shining like a million tiny diamonds. The moon wasn't full, only a slight slip of it was visible. Perhaps tomorrow would be a night without a moon.
The air was warm and a little breeze now and then would come chill him out. Even monsters seemed calm, as not a one could be heard ; only a few wolves were howling not too far away. But Button knew the big wall would protect them.
It was nice to feel secure.

He turned to his side and faced Rumble's sleeping form, his back slowly moving up and down following the rhythm of his breath. Every now and then, his feathers would be ruffled by the nightly breeze.

Button sighed and closed his eyes, hoping Sweetie Belle was finding the night as peaceful as he was...


"So!" giggled Scootaloo throwing a pillow at Diamond Tiara. "You have to tell us!"

She received the pillow back, straight in her face and fell into her covers. Muffled chuckles came from around her.

"If Diamond Tiara doesn't want to tell us who she likes, it's up to her!" came Sweetie's voice from her left. "Buuuuut... I vote we smuggle her in pillows until she tells!"

The girls cheered and Diamond Tiara screamed and numerous pillows lost their lives.