• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 1,492 Views, 402 Comments

SweetieMash Minecraft Adventures : Return of the Nightmare. - CristalGalaxy



Sweetie Belle and Button Mash find themselves once again trapped in their favorite video game, this time accompanied by many of their friends. Their enemy is more determined than ever... And conflicts start to appear, splitting their friendship...

  • ...
4
 402
 1,492

23. New Pet

Everything was dark... There wasn't any place to run. He was immobilized for so many months.
Waiting for his hour, his time to shine.
To get out.

Surrounded by numbers and complicated codes, he was trapped way too long. Now he was free. And he had new toys as well.
There was something that lingered in his mind. It was the words his master had used.

"Kill them."
It was something he hadn't understood at first. But now he did.
He had been set free to roam around. And while he had found it rather amusing at the beginning to crush things with his hooves and see them go still, it quickly became boring. There was just something about watching that red liquid pour out from them... But he simply couldn't ignore all the bigger living things that seemed more intelligent than 'bunnies' or 'pigs'.
They looked a little like him. Only they were all colourful and stuck together in packs. Plus they didn't posses the same envy to experience. Also, he could understand them. Just like his master.
So he had first been hesitant to approach them. One night he had stuck around a little too close. It was incredible to see them all playing around, running after each other. But the brown thing had seen him. And the feeling that poured out from him was even better than the liquid substance that he was so accustomed to.
He wanted to see the things feel that again. It was a feeling they didn't like but he adored it.
And when the brown thing had slammed into the tree, hilarious!

He had already figured out who his allies were and who his ennemies were. So this was the time to experience a little more.
He had already seen how he could... what was the word his master has used again? Oh, kill. That's it.
His hooves were good but it was messy and made noise. That's why he had used up a lot of energy to dig deep into the hidden lines of his existence, going through codes and mining down the core of his world. He had found a few things to help him. And one was particularly sharp and small. A 'dagger' was it's name.
Figuring out how to use it had been easy. It had been easier to locate the strange pack and infiltrate their little hiding place. And to top it all, they were defenseless.
So he had stabbed the brown thing. Just because he was the closest when he had teleported in. And because the pink thing was weird and he didn't dare touch it yet. It didn't have that common color all other living things had.

The substance had flowed out from his chest as easily as that. Which made the attacker frown. That's it? It's as simple as that to kill one of his own?
Tsss! What a waste of time.

Then he had left, leaving a puddle of the substance to spread out and color the cave with a grim touch.


"Applebloom!" The cowpony perked her ears up at the mention of her name and turned to face Scootaloo who was trotting to her, leaves in her mane and some red stuff covering her face which was probably berries or something. "The night is falling... We should get back to the cave."

Applebloom sniffed the air, cautious. "Good idea. Plus, I think a storm's brewin'..."

"I got lots of new stuff anyways, so we're good!" grinned Scootaloo, joining her side as they turned back.

"Like what?"

Her friend's eyes sparkled and she took a big breath : "Well I got a lot of loot from mobs that I pushed in the sun while staying under cover. Not to mention all the passive mobs that were easy to kill!" Applebloom squinted her eyes and realised what she had mistaken for red berry stains was blood. She shuddered a little, wondering how in Equestria the cowardly pegasus found the courage to do something so... so out of character. "I also found delicious slices of watermelon and - thank Luna - they were easy to yank out of the ground so I could get out of the area before anything big popped up." Then her eyes shone a little brighter as her smile got wider and she inched closer to her friend.

"W... What?" asked the yellow earthpony, taken aback by her sudden weird reactions.

"Weeeeell... Aren'tcha gonna ask me what brilliant thing I collected in by backpack?" she giggled.

Applebloom sighed, rolling her eyes. "Right, right. What brilliant thing did ya collect in your backpack?"
Probably just some exotic food... she thought, paying more attention to her dark surroundings than the endless chatterbox walking besides her.

"Glad you asked! Here!" Scootaloo shoved a tiny dirt block in Applebloom's face, practically exploding in excitement. "Isn't he just the cutest?!"

"Listen, Scoots... I ain't gonna judge you for liking mini dirt blocks but this is taking it a little far... And would ya please get it away from me?"
She pressed her hoof against it to push it away, but tiny little black eyes popped on it, opening wide as the block did a little annoyed 'Squeak!'

Applebloom yelped in suprise, backing away at full speed in terror. "W... What in Celestia's name is that thing?!"

"Aww..." muttered Scootaloo, strocking it. "You scared the poor guy!"

"I... I scared it?" the yellow filly exclaimed, pointing a shaky and accusing hoof at the dirt block. "Are ya serious right now? What is it? Do you even know if it's okay for you to take it?" She nervously looked around, half expecting a giant momma block jumping in and demanding her baby.

"Sure! It's called a Blockling! I had picked up a few plants and it just came right to me. I think you can tame them with flowers!"
Applebloom wearily watched as the Blockling gave another squeal, slowly approaching it.

"Can we keep it?" cooed the orange pegasus, cradling it in her arms and giving puppy eyes. "Pleeeeaaaase?"
The blockling made puppy eyes as well. Darn, it was cute.

"W... Whatever," groaned Applebloom, turning away. "We'll have to see with Button..."
She felt something cold roll down the back of her neck, making her shudder. Some more droplets of rain fell on them and soon, it was pouring rain.

"We're never going to find the cave in this weather!" complained Scootaloo.

"Well... We could always spend the night here. I'm sure they'll all wait for us tomorow morning. Let's just build a small shelter for the night and hide there before anything stumbles across us..."

Scootaloo nodded, looking up at the dark and cloudy sky. "I just hope they'll wait for us..." she murmured.

Author's Note:

I'M EARLY! Is that even possible? It's like 2 minutes pass midnight so we're technically Wednesday right?
Please look up Blocklings on Google! They're just so friggin' cute!! x3
And I hope that ending wasn't too rushed...