• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 1,492 Views, 402 Comments

SweetieMash Minecraft Adventures : Return of the Nightmare. - CristalGalaxy



Sweetie Belle and Button Mash find themselves once again trapped in their favorite video game, this time accompanied by many of their friends. Their enemy is more determined than ever... And conflicts start to appear, splitting their friendship...

  • ...
4
 402
 1,492

10. First Night Over Again

Guuuuuh...

The groan made Sweetie Belle jump and she saw, at the corner of her eye, Applebloom shrink down. Button was also seeming nervous.
He glanced at her and Sweetie realised they were thinking the same thing.
This time we're not alone... We have friends, loved ones with us... We simply can't die here or loose hope!

Hoof-steps were heard from the right side of their tiny group and they all turned at once, terrified.

A small kitten jumped out from the darkness giving them a gentle look. It didn't have the same texture as the vanilla Minecraft cat.
Sweetie saw the "Kitties" tag appear in the right corner of her vision area.

"Aww! Hey there lil' guy!" smiled Rumble, inching closer. "You lost...? I don't recognise you!" He approached his hoof to it but the small animal simply hissed and slashed his paw at him. A few small red pixels appeared on his hoof. "Oww! You stupid little...!" groaned Rumble.

"Owned by a kitten..." Applebloom shook her head although a relieved smile was stretching across her face.
The said kitten on the other side wasn't too happy and started to meow... loudly...

The foals raised an eyebrow at the helpless animal.
"Alright, alright, I guess you're not stupid!" Rumble rolled his eyes.

But a much louder and much more guttural growl was heard.
They all froze as a huge black paw, then another stepped out of the darkness.

All of their heads slowly looked up to stare into the icy blue eyes that were directly glaring back at them. The eyes were so powerfully captivating although they were squares.
Rumble, the closest one to the "Big Cat" as indicated the little tag, seemed to be in another world. His mouth was wide open and his eyes were tiny, locked into the blue gaze of the animal towering above him. His throat was making a faint gurgling sound and his ears were hanging down.
He was the prey and it was the predator.
The killer.
The one who was going to end his young life.

"Rumble!" the voice shook him out of his trance although he still felt unable to move. The Big Cat's paw lifted itself up to assign a fatal hit.

White hooves grabbed him and yanked him out of the way. The massive paw slashed the area where he had been a second ago, uselessly hitting the ground with a loud thump.
"Get yourself together Celestiadammit!" yelled Sweetie Belle, shaking him in all possible ways.

Rumble's vision focused a little and he saw her terrified expression, her pleading eyes full of tears and the urge in her screams.
He could make out Button fighting with something nearby, shouting instructions to Applebloom. Where had the Panther-Big Cat gone...?

"Did you hear what I just said Rumble...?! Get a grip on-"
Her eyes widened and she suddenly stopped screaming. A little blood came out of her mouth and muzzle as her hooves let him go.
Rumble watched in horror as she fell to the ground in front of him, chocking on her own blood. She had a huge wound in her back. Her hearts decreased to four.
A black tail disappeared in the nearby bushes.

Another shout was heard from behind him. Then a cry of despair. "Sweetie Belle!" the voice was yelling, over and over again.
His voice. But he was incapable of doing anything.

His cries alerted Button and Applebloom. The brown foal rushed to their side, speechless.
He grabbed his marefriend and ran a trembling hoof through her mane.
Then Button turned and punched him in the face, putting all his strength in it.
"What's wrong with you?! WHY DIDN'T YOU BUCKING REACT?" he yelled, tears flowing down his cheeks.

Rumble felt dizzy and shocked beyond words. "I... I..." he mumbled, trying to process everything.
His best friend had just hit him, Applebloom was fighting square monsters and other imaginary things while Sweetie Belle was laying at his hooves, in a pool of her own blood.
"It was the panth..." Rumble's sentence trailed off as he stared into Button's eyes.
There was something in them. Something horrible. Something impossible to make out, but scary. No. Terrifying
It was a dangerous look, a deadly look.

The young foal with the turning little propeller hat and video game addiction was very far now. The image had been replaced by a blood soaked teenage colt who was killing with one slice of his sword.
It was paralysing.

Celestia... Why am I so scared of everything? What kind of world is this? It's all hell! Was all this violence always present in my everyday life? Did you just hide it from me all those years?

"Button! We gotta get the heck outta here now! I don't know how long I'm gunna hold with all these monsters!" yelled Applebloom, interrupting Rumble's thoughts and finishing off a zombie only to be faced by a spider.

"Whatever..." muttered Button, searching his inventory for food. "I'm staying here..." A frown appeared on his face and he became a little white. "I forgot the food!"

Rumble realised they were all very close to death. And it was all his fault.
A wave of anger and hate towards himself rippled through his whole body.

He gritted his teeth and grabbed Sweetie Belle, lifting her up with effort and placing her on his back. Rumble tried not to wince as he felt a warm and sticky substance trickle down his fur, soaking it in red.

Button stood up and took a step forward, wearily eyeing him down : "What the hell do you think you're doing...? You're only going to open her wounds more!"

"I won't," Rumble wrapped his tail over her. "See? I'm going back to the base, there's plenty food over there for her."

Button didn't answer.

"Please, I did something wrong. So I'm going to fix it." Rumble desperately tried to hold his gaze without flinching in front of Button's serious glare.
A moment went by, during which they both stared at each other. They weren't foals anymore. It's as if they were two adults, deciding the faith of a life.

Applebloom let out a pained cry and Button's ear twitched. He finally let out a sigh and shook his head. "Fine, we'll clear a path. Just make one bad move," his gaze hardened, "... and you're dead."

Rumble could fully comprehend what he meant and the coldness in his voice hurt him. Did he just loose all his trust?

Button rushed to Applebloom's side who was trapped under a spider and sliced the thing.
The earth pony got up with a relieved sigh. "Thank ya Bu-" she trailed off as she saw the burning flames in his eyes and his heartless frown.

"Let's go. Now!"

Rumble took off to a clear area, closely followed by his friends. He dodged a few monsters and kept his tail onto Sweetie Belle's chest, panting with effort.
He could feel her faint breathing as her chest slowly rose and went down.

He could see her hearts go down slowly, and she had only one and a half left.
He could see Button shooting arrows at every hostile mob, determination and hatred pouring out.
He could see Applebloom finishing off behind him, inexperienced but brave.
He could see the blood on his fur...

Faster...

Faster!

Author's Note:

To see Diamond's mane all cut, go back to chapter 9!!