• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 1,492 Views, 402 Comments

SweetieMash Minecraft Adventures : Return of the Nightmare. - CristalGalaxy



Sweetie Belle and Button Mash find themselves once again trapped in their favorite video game, this time accompanied by many of their friends. Their enemy is more determined than ever... And conflicts start to appear, splitting their friendship...

  • ...
4
 402
 1,492

18. Jungles at Night

Author's Note:

Pheeeeew! This was hard to write, dunno why though :twilightoops: Enjoy!

Diamond's mouth formed a frown as she continued to follow Button out of the forest. Her tail kept getting caught on twigs and annoying branches as she made her way behind him, amazed that he didn't trip or stumble once. Thankfully, she didn't have to worry about her mane, seeing how short it was.
The sun was almost completely out now, and Diamond was starting to get a little scared. She really hoped they'd be out of the jungle before mobs started to pop in. Being surrounded by dozens of trees that could be hiding anything wasn't very appealing to her. Perhaps it was the beginning of claustrophobia...?

Shaking her head to clear her mind out, Diamond rushed behind Button, wondering what could be going through his head.
She was far from thinking he was actually terrified at the idea of Sweetie Belle and Rumble staying together.

I knew I shouldn't have left that idiot with her! He's just a fillyfooler and will probably take the chance to take her away from me! Forever! She will surely love him back and I'll be there, standing alone in the dark, just waiting for death to eat me up like a-

Button slammed into a huge patch of dangling vines, and found himself immobilised. He tried to wiggle out but it was simply no use, as the vines were tangled up everywhere.
"H... Help!" he shouted, still struggling.

Diamond soon arrived and halted in surprise at the sight of Button's tangled self. She hesitated between pity and mocking. She chose both.
"Oh dear! Button how did you manage to do that?!" she giggled. "Are you at least okay?" she asked, getting closer.

The foal was staring at her with an exasperated expression.
"Listen, I'm sure this is funny and all, but don't you think the fact that I'm tied up surrounded by a forest and in the middle of the night is a tad dangerous?" he grumbled.

But Diamond was not about to let an occasion like this one pass. "But... But you look so... vulnerable!" she chuckled, her eyes sparkling.

"Yeah, and we both will be if a monster pops up!"

"What, you saying I can't defend myself?" Diamond Tiara raised an eyebrow. "Is that an insult against all fillies mister...? That we can't defend ourselves?"

"No, no!" Button slightly blushed in embarassement and tried to change the subject. "Hey... repeat what you said before?"

"Huh? That uh... You look so vulnerable...?"

"Are you a sadist Diamond?" he so seriously asked.

It was the filly's turn to blush. "Huh?! No way! You're making things up! It was totally out of context!"

"I recall seeing you smile..."

"That's not true!"

"Yes it is!"

There was a small pause as they both stared at each other, eyes bright and ears up. A moment passed and Diamond didn't even have the time to enjoy it, as something jumped onto her, digging its claws deep under her skin.
She gasped at the sudden pain, voice leaving her. Her breath was cut off, the intensity and violence of the whole thing paralysing her.
Blood blurred her vision and she fell to the ground, not even attempting to get up. Her hearts were slowly going down as the huge claws only dug deeper into her flesh.
She could hear screaming, and figured it probably came from Button. She heard some slicing... She heard some leaves get slashed to pieces... Was that the sound of leaves? Maybe. Oh! A roar.
It was backing away now... It wasn't as loud anymore... Perhaps she was dying...? Or loosing consciousness. That would probably be better. But dying seemed like a great option as well since the numbing pain in her back still wasn't leaving.

Something shook her a little. The pain went down a little. Something was in her mouth. It was nice and soft and felt reassuring... For a second, Diamond wondered if Button wasn't kissing her goodbye, saddened by her death.
But no. When she finally had the strength to open her eyes, she saw it was just some cooked lamb. Nothing else.
Awww...

Button was there though. He was right here, kneeling down to her eye level and helping her up as her wounds cleared out. Soon enough, Diamond could walk normally. All that stayed was her shaky legs and traumatised mind. She spotted some mangled vines on the floor and Button's sword laying next to them.

With a smile, she turned to him : "Well, couldn't you think of that before? It would have saved us a lot of trouble!"
But her smile fell as she just got a cold and emotionless answer :
"Yeah. Next time untie me instead of fooling around okay? We've lost enough time. The others are probably all waiting and worried sick, and the last thing I want is for them to go on a search mission."

He started trotting forward again at a rapid pace, his tail swishing left and right in frustration. His ears were down and his glare steady ahead.
Diamond frowned as she followed once more. Night had completely fallen now and she could barely see past Button. Although it wasn't that she was worried about right now. Why the heck did he have to be so bossy all of a sudden? Sure she had done a mistake, OK she probably wouldn't do that again. But still! It was no reason to treat her like a child! Or even act like her parents!

While she furiously grumbled under her breath, she didn't notice they had exited the jungle and were going through the short plain, Button occasionally shooting the most daring mob that wanted to get a little too close. They finally got to the caves and Diamond felt better upon seeing a faint light from the inside.

"Woohoo! They lit a nice fire and made a base...!" she happily sighed.

Button didn't say anything, but she could sense the relief spreading out of him. They furthered down a little more, but immediately halted. Instead of four foals jumping to their hooves and going to greet them, instead of a warm fire that had dozens of grilled goods, instead of happy smiles, they both arrived in an empty and cold cave.
A single torch was laying on the ground, flickering as sparks of fire emanated from it. A deadly, sickening silence reigned in the cave as Button slowly picked up the torch and lifted his hoof up, illuminating a little more of the cave.
Nothing could be heard... until a slight, faint, muffled sound rang in their ears. It was far, it was deep, but they still recognised it as Sweetie's singing voice.

Diamond waited in silence for a short moment, and then Button started to walk strait forward, his face showing an expression of pure rage. Diamond followed, not daring to say a word as they advanced deeper into the caves, darkness swallowing them up as they went.