• Published 7th Dec 2015
  • 255 Views, 0 Comments

Lovely Chaos - Phoenixfire Productions



Love at first sight, is there a more chaotic thing?

  • ...
 0
 255

Tumbleweed Triumph

Shining Armor glared at the treacherous mare in front of him. The mare had a dark green coat and a black mane, perfectly groomed as if she was going to a party instead of waging war on Equestria. Her pitch black armor shone in the moonlight. Her guards, dressed in their Shadowbolts uniform and holding spears, seemed on the verge of laughter.

"Call your troops off." Shining Armor growled at the Shadowbolts in front of him. He didn't really expect her to call them off, not if she was willing to openly betray Equestria.

"I can't." she said calmly, unfazed by the angry captain of the Royal Guard.

"I'm sure you can." he threatened, starting up a blasting spell. The mare took a few uneasy steps back, obviously knowing the damage Shining Armor could inflict. Her guards narrowed their eyes, glaring at Shining Armor's guards whose horns had started to glow as well. Shining wished that his back up would hurry and arrive. Shadowbolts could disappear at a moment's notice, especially if they knew the terrain. And, having scouted out the city of Tumbleweed, they knew how to get around it. With Tumbleweed being the town that made armor for the Royal Guard, it was important to drive out the Shadowbolts.

"No, I really mean I can't. I don't have the authority. We're trained to fight till our last breath, and to only retreat on a councillor's orders. I'm only a junior commander." the mare said quickly. Shining got the feeling that she was telling the truth. She was scared, yet she still stood firm.

"Then find me a councillor." Shining snapped.

"None are here. As Junior Commander Dragonflame of the Shadowbolts, Division 15, my word is second to Senior Commander Red Rose." she said, seeming to regain confidence.

"You're a Commander. So command them." Shining hissed, getting annoyed with the Shadowbolt mare.

"I only get to have my own guards. Not all the benefits that come with being Senior Commander." Dragonflame explained.

"I am getting tired of this. Forfeit, or find someone who can forfeit. Then leave us alone." Shining ordered. To his surprise, the mare just smiled.

"Whatever, sun-lover. All dreams are worth fighting for." Dragonflame said in a sing-song voice. Her guards leapt forward, engaging a fight with Shining's guards. A red pegasus mare with a black mane swept down from a building's roof, a dozen Shadowbolt pegasi behind her. Nine unicorns climbed down after them, and six earth ponies after that. Thankfully, Shining's back up chose the same moment to arrive. The two armies clashed, starting a battle over the city of Tumbleweed.

"Eyes to the sky, wave goodbye. For city of dust, it's a must." a voice hissed in Shining's ear. He whipped around to see Dragonflame smiling at him.

"What do you mean?" asked Shining Armor.

"We came from the sky, and we attacked. This place is called the city of dust, and taking control of it is a must." explained Dragonflame.

"Is this really worth it?" asked Shining. Dragonflame nodded, then leapt into the fray.

Author's Note:

Remember Shade from last chapter? She gave the main sixfive a warning. Just so you know, the Shadowbolts are ruled by a council of 26. And ruling the council is a chief councillor, who makes 27. Each councillor runs a division of the Shadowbolts, except for the chief councillor. When a class of Shadowbolts finishes their training, they become a squad in a division. You'll see next chapter. Oh, and refer to Season One Episode Two to see what the Shadowbolts (except for Dragonflame and Red Rose (red pegasus with black mane), who have on black armor) are wearing.

Fun Fact: This chapter was going to feature Shade and her family, and touch upon how the Shadowbolts came to be.

Thank you for reading you amazingly superb fun-tastic audience!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment