• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 739 Views, 9 Comments

A Tale Of A Hero - randomUser42



A boy who seems to get all the unfair breaks in life finally lucks out, for better or for worse.

  • ...
 9
 739

Chapter 6 Hero's History

Alright people buckle down for some very confusing reading because the quotation marks are VERY important, I cant stress that enough because stuff goes down. Enjoy the chapter.





The battered and bruised Rainbow Dash looked around in confusion, as if she didn't know if this was the right place to crash in or not, she finally set her gaze on me and started to limp over to me. I watched in horror and astonishment as she kept dragging almost her whole body until she finally collapsed, but fortunately I managed to dive in and catch her before she made contact with the floor.


She looked up at me with her big eyes that looked scared yet somehow still somehow rebellious. A tiny drop of water fell onto her cheek.

" Don't tell me your crying..." she said as she took a long shuttering breath. "...again." she said before shutting her eyes.

" Hey what's goin' on in he-" Applejack said galloping into the room until she saw Rainbow Dash in my arms. The rest of the ponies soon followed Applejack into the doorway and were all completely stunned at the sight of their cyan friend. All of them seemed to just stand there completely still as if they were some stone statues.

"What are you guys doing? Help her!" I pleaded to them but they all had the same blank look of fear across their faces. "Someone ,anyone do something..." I said to myself as I kept holding Rainbow Dash tighter and tighter to my chest.

" Please don't do that..." Rainbow Dash croaked. " But I'll give you a solid 7 for effort, if you let me go of course."

I looked down to see a grinning Rainbow Dash. It amazed me. How she could be this badly hurt and still have that same old snappy and unrestrained attitude about her. It was just plain amazing.

" Im sorry." I said silently as I carried her over to the couch and set her down.

" I don't really want to..die here so if you guys could, kind of do something about that cut on my wing...that'd be just awesome..." Rainbow dash said breathing heavily between almost every word. I laughed nervously at her statement but still just seeing her like this almost made me break down completely. I got a grip of myself and started to get back in control. It looked like whoever did this was mainly trying to stop Rainbow Dash from flying. The bruises must have been from her fighting back and obviously getting hurt in return.

" Alright, Rarity can you get me some spare clothe that you have left over from all your decorations? Fluttershy I might need your help you are more experienced when it comes to helping wounded here. Twilight is there any spell that can help with pain? Applejack go help Rarity, Pinkie Pie can you go to the bathroom and get a little metal thing that looks like a stick that is bent but not broken." They all looked at me as if I was crazy but then they all sprang into action ,all doing their jobs without a moments hesitation. Twilight's horn glowed with a purple light and Rainbow seemed to be getting calmer and calmer with each second going by. Rarity and Applejack came back with a large roll of cloth and set it beside me. I took a piece and ripped it off with my teeth and gave it to Fluttershy. She immediately went to work, tying it around Rainbow Dash's wound and tightening it.

" C'mon sugar cube lets let them do their job." Applejack said grabbing Rarity and trotting into the kitchen with her.

Then, I went to my job.

With the tweezers that Pinkie Pie had brought me, I starting picking at all the shattered glass from Rainbow Dash's legs, and I carefully set them down in a small cup that Pinkie Pie had also gotten from the bathroom. We worked on Rainbow Dash for a straight hour and a half before Twilight couldn't put her magical sedative up for any longer, and so we had to stop before we put Rainbow Dash in anymore pain.

" Do you want something?" Fluttershy asked quietly.

" A glass of water would be fine..." Rainbow Dash answered weakly. Fluttershy nodded and trotted away to the kitchen. I sat there for a couple of seconds awkwardly as Rainbow Dash slowly breathed. " Hey are you listening?" she asked looking me dead in the eyes.

" O-of course." I stammered.

" Well, I just wanted to say..." she said but then turned away from me and dug her face inside the cushion on the couch. " I just wanted to say im sorry."

I was taken aback as I heard Rainbow Dash say these words. I checked my ears to see if they were working.

" Excuse me?" I asked still not believing that she had just said that.

" You heard me!" she snapped, " I said I'm sorry, if I had just listened to you, and stayed here instead of just leaving like that I could have avoided all of this."

" Don't blame yourself too much Rainbow Dash, anything could've happened. You can't really expect to be ambushed like that in the middle of the night, I mean you've only been here for ,what 2 or three days. You don't know what to expect."

" So these things happen all the time?" Rainbow Dash asked quietly.

" Crap," I thought to myself, " I can't let her get the wrong impression about this world."

" Well, you just well um-" I stuttered.

" And don't tell me another lie. I want the truth." Rainbow Dash said with that same defiant look in her eyes.

I sighed in defeat. She had cornered me, there was no way out. The only possible outcome was to tell her the truth.

" Well Rainbow Dash," I started, " These sort of things do happen, and sadly more often than people wish they would. We don't want it to happen but it's just something that can't be avoided. You can put up more and more blockades and more cops or surveillance on the streets but it will always happen at one point or another. Its just the human condition. Im sorry to be so blunt about this but you asked for the truth and that's the truth of it all." after I finished my little speech she laid there, while staring at me.

" Well you're telling the truth that much is clear..." she stated and she turned back on her side.

" Hey if you don't mind I want to ask you something." I said, and I took her silence as a yes, " How did you know I was lying?" I sat there, and I knew it was a stupid question after all i could have asked her, but it really got to me how she could always tell when I was lying. It was just one of those questions that you need an answer to.

" It's the look in your eyes." Rainbow Dash said, " You can always tell by somepony's eyes."

" Can I ask you another thing then?" I asked.

" Hmm what is it?" she responded.

" This may be a bit out of the blue, in fact it's probably downright stupid," I said chuckling, " But you don't like to worry people do you?"

" What I don't care if I worry people." she said bluntly, but then a look of uncertainty came onto her face, " Well I might care about it a little...Okay I don't like to worry people, why do you care anyway?"

" Well a long time ago, I got some advice from my mother. At the time, things weren't going well for us, and the way I thought I could help was to put as much distance away from my mother. To help her not worry so much about me and on the stuff that actually mattered, but one day I walked into her room and she was a complete wreck," I said trying to hold back the lump in my throat as I brought the memory back to my head, " She was in complete tears and she grabbed and hugged me so tightly, then she said

' My darling little boy, what did I do wrong? Why do you hate me?'

I had to pause to control myself,

" I remember saying,

'Mommy I could never hate you,'

and then she pulled away from the tight hug,wiped her tears and said,

' Then why, why are you staying away from me every time we try to do something together,'

'Well' I had said 'I just didn't want you to worry about me, I mean it's not right for me to make you worry so much'

Then she just had given me a warm smile and said

'Oh my child no you have it all wrong, things may be rough for us now but please don't think of it like that, worrying for parents, and your close friends is just an instinct for us. Its something that we do, no matter what, it's another thing that you just can't control and it cant be stopped, your family and your friends will love you and care for you even in the most harsh of times. Please don't think of it like that ever again.' "

I paused for a moment of breath as Rainbow Dash's ears were straight up listening to the story.

" And now I just feel like you shouldn't make the same mistake I did. Like my mother said, its just not something you can control, people will always worry about you, and the more you try to stop it the more you just seem to hurt your friends." I finished as Fluttershy came back with the glass of water.

" Um, here you go," she said as she set the glass on the dashboard of the nightstand. " Was I interrupting something?" she said as she saw Rainbow Dash's blank look in my direction. Rainbow Dash just shook her head.

" No Fluttershy it's cool. And Fluttershy, thank you." Rainbow Dash said as she took the glass and took a sip. I stood up ,brushed off my pants and made my way into the kitchen where I saw all of the ponies standing around whistling. I didn't take this strange behavior into account, but then Pinkie Pie trotted up to me and hugged me. She looked up and I could see tear stains running down her big eyes. She sniffled before she finally said something.

" Your mommy sounds like a nice lady." she said.

" H-how did you guys..?" I started to ask.

" Now come on sugar cube," Applejack said wiping a small tear from her eye, " Do ya really think it would take that long fer somepony to get a glass of water?"

" I guess not huh," I said blushing.

" That really is sad darling." Rarity said.

" Yeah, sad enough to be in one of those stories Twilight is always reading." Pinkie Pie said with a small smile.

" What do you mean by that?" I asked her confused about her comment.

" Oh nothing!" Pinkie Pie said with her same old playful grin.

" Don't mind her, its just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie," Twilight said cheerfully, " If you don't mind me asking, where is your mother now? It would be great to meet her."

" I'm afraid she passed away some time ago..." I said silently.

" Oh, I'm sorry for your loss." Twilight responded.

" It's okay, besides I still have her memories, but now," I said as I walked over to the stove and picked up the last two pieces of pizza, " I need to get somepony their dinner," I said as I walked out the door and back to the couch, but as I walked back to the couch I realized something. Someone has hurt my friend. I wasn't just about to let that go by. I wanted something. I wanted revenge.

Comments ( 2 )

See!? What did I tell you? I told you that I haven't turned my back to this series cause I know all of you thought it. Thats right Im talking bout you Jerry. Anyways late night so I am going to sleep Good night and good day to all!

Yeah most likely, :P But my story is my story afterall :derpytongue2: Thanks for the comment I actually thought it was funny :rainbowlaugh:1568760

Login or register to comment