• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 739 Views, 9 Comments

A Tale Of A Hero - randomUser42



A boy who seems to get all the unfair breaks in life finally lucks out, for better or for worse.

  • ...
 9
 739

Chapter 4 Hero's Trial

" Yer crazy!" Applejack said as me and Rainbow Dash suggested the idea.

" Yeah, even more crazier than me!" Pinkie Pie said pulling a cupcake out her mane and biting into it. " I mean how would that even work?" she said with a full mouth as she swallowed the cupcake.

" Now now we shouldn't just push their idea off to the side so hastily." Rarity said. " We should make SURE it is crazy and then push it away."

" W-well I think its a good idea." Fluttershy said quietly,and we all turned to her. " Well, it's not like we can get any deeper now right? Right?" she said as she blushed and started looking down at the floor. I looked over to Twilight, but she seemed to be lost in thought. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy began arguing with the rest of the group about the idea and soon I
couldn't take the noise any longer.

" ENOUGH." I said in my most commanding voice. All the ponies were quiet and looking at me. " We will have a vote, because it seems we cant come to a decision without wasting time. Now anyone that wants to at least try Rainbow Dash's idea raise your hand." They all looked at me with a tilted head. " Right, hooves what ever." Fluttershy's, Rainbow Dash's and Twilight's hand slowly raised to the air. " Anyone that doesn't want to try raise your hoof." Applejack's, Pinkie Pie's, and Rarity's hands shot up within seconds." Great it's a tie, well I guess we should do rock paper scissors or so-" I almost got through saying but Applejack interrupted me.

" Now now wait jus' a minute," Applejack said putting her hoof down. " What's yer vote in all of this?" I stared at her for a couple of seconds unable to respond.

" What do you mean?" I croaked.

" Well yer a part of the group now ain't ya? Yer vote matters just as much as anyponies', even if it's gonna' be for such a crazy idea such as this." I was forming a lump in my throat. I couldn't tell if I was scared, or if I was too overjoyed. A small tear ran down my cheek.

" Your really tearing up about this?" Rainbow Dash said, shaking her head side to side. " Are humans always this difficult?"

" No I'm fine, I'm- I was just caught a bit off guard." I said wiping the tear off my face. I looked around to all of the pony's faces looking for me to answer the question, even Fluttershy seemed to be interested in my answer. " Let's give the rainboom a shot guys, like Fluttershy said it isn't like we could get in anymore trouble than we are now right?" as I said this the room seemed to be washed over in a wave of hope and colors as their eyes sparkled with excitement of what this plan meant. For them to go home. To go back to friends and family. Just as a I managed to take in all the joy, I looked over to Twilight who didn't look so excited anymore. "Everything okay Twilight?" I asked kneeling next to her.

" Of course I'm fine." Twilight said giving me a faint smile. I could tell something was wrong so I got up and walked over to the couch as the curious pony eyes kept staring at me. I grabbed a pillow from the couch and turned around. " Hey can you pick this up?" I asked her as I set it on the floor. She started to take a couple of steps but I stopped her. " No not with your hooves, with magic." I instructed. Everyone was still watching me curiously to find out what I was getting at, but it seemed Twilight figured it out and gave me an evil glare. She took a stance and pointed her horn at the pillow. Sparks started to fly from Twilight's horn and a faint purple glow enveloped the cushion. It started to levitate in the air as I saw it rise, but I looked back to Twilight to see her face was pale and she was already breaking into a sweat.

" Alright, alright," I said as I nabbed the pillow out of the air. " That's enough Twilight." as I said this Twilight hit the floor tired and exhausted. " You obviously can't do the magic we need until your fully rested Twilight." I said putting the cushion back on the couch and walking over to her.

" Guess Rainbow was right," Twilight murmured " Humans ARE always difficult." Everyone in the room bursted into laughter, including me.

" Well think what you want of us, just as long as you get some sleep." I said helping her up and walking her over to the couch, but when we got halfway there, we heard a low growling noise. I looked down at Twilight who was ,currently, a brighter shade of red than an apple.

" Did I mention I'm a bit hungry?" Twilight said quietly. Another roar of laughter came from the room.

" Alright lets all go into the kitchen maybe I could whip something up." I said half chuckling. Everyone made their way into the kitchen, pushed the chairs out of the way, and used some plastic chairs from the backyard. I started to open the cabinets and the fridge as the ponies watched me with curiosity.

" Excuse me but what do ya think yer makin' there?" Applejack said as I glided past her with a bowl full of flower to turn on the stove.

" I was going for pancakes but with the way I cook, I'm not really sure what it will be." I said mixing the bowl while looking for the eggs.

" Wait!" Pinkie shouted slamming her hooves on the table. I stopped and turned around to see a very serious looking Pinkie Pie, even all the other ponies seemed surprised by her sudden outburst. " You're telling me we get CAKE for breakfeast?!" Pinkie said, " And they even come in edible PANS!?" I let out a sigh of relief as I realized she wasn't angry.

" No," I said cracking an egg, " The batter is just cooked on a pan, and it doesnt have as much sugar as cake." I heard a quiet "Rats" from Pinkie Pie's direction, but I was a little to busy to turn around and check. I added some milk, stirred some more, then put the mixture on the pan, and heard the slight sizzling.

" Can we do anything to help?" Fluttershy said looking at the pan.

" Honestly, you all want to help too much, just relax I'm fine, besides how bad could I mess this up?" I said, but just as I said this one of the pancakes lit on fire. I got the spatula, flicked it on the ground and stomped the flames out.

" Apparently that much." Rainbow Dash said barely controlling her laughter, and the rest of the room started to laugh. I went on making the pancakes being careful not to let another catch fire. The smell started to hover through the air as I moved the pancakes around. I got a plate out of the cabinet and moved the pancakes over to it.

" Sorry if there's too much pancakes, I might've put too much flour in it." I said as I set the plate down on the table. I sat down to see almost half of the pancakes were already gone.

" These are delicious!!!" Pinkie screamed as she chomped into another pancake. I looked around to see everyone else was eating with a smile on their face. Everyone except Rainbow Dash.

" C'mon sugar cube ya need to try this!" Applejack said passing the plate of pancakes to Rainbow Dash. She looked at the pancakes and quietly extended her neck and grabbed one with her mouth. She started to chew and a smile grew on her face but it quickly went away as she realized everyone was looking at her.

" Well they're not, bad or anything." Rainbow Dash said, but then Applejack raised an eyebrow at her. " Okay okay their good." more eyebrows went up, "Okay! their delicious!" she admitted taking another two into her mouth, and I broke into a wild grin as I poked a pancake with a fork and started eating myself.