• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 738 Views, 9 Comments

A Tale Of A Hero - randomUser42



A boy who seems to get all the unfair breaks in life finally lucks out, for better or for worse.

  • ...
 9
 738

Chapter 3 Hero's Plan

I woke up to a very hyper Pinkie Pie jumping up and down, almost straight to the ceiling.

" Excuse me but can I use your bathroom really really really really really really fast?!" she said in front of me so fast the only word I could make out was bathroom.

" Second door to your left down the hallway...." I murmured, still a bit drowsy from sleeping.

" Thank you!" was all she said as a streak of pink shot down the hall. A couple of moments later I heard the jiggling of a door knob, and then a loud crash." I didn't do that!" Pinkie shouted as I heard a slow creaking and the sound of hinges snapping into place.

" Pretty sure doors dont work like that..." I thought as I stood up and stretched. I looked around to see everyone was up and doing something. Applejack was out in the back planting what looked like a garden,where she got the seeds I haven't the slightest clue ,Fluttershy was helping some kind of squirrel with what looked like a broken leg, Rarity had obviously cleaned up and was using some spare blankets as clothe to decorate the place, Twilight was nose deep in a book I had brought home from school, I couldn't see where Rainbow Dash was but I was sure they must of seen her somewhere, and there was a "Welcome home!" banner hanging from the wall.

" Good morning." Twilight said not even looking up from the book, " The banner was Pinkie making a house warming party for us. I must say this "Artemis Fowl" pony in this book is rather clever for his age."

" Well, he isn't a pony, he's a human being like me and when you have resources like him, anyone could be a genius." I said. " By the way, you seem to be taking all of this pretty well too." I walked over and looked down at the book.

" What do you mean?" Twilight said finally managing to look away from the book.

" Well its just it would seem like you would be surprised seeing something thats not a pony and speak English, dont you think? On top of that, I stand on two legs and I have almost no hair on my arms or legs." I asked.

" Well my answer is the same as yours in a way." she said looking back to the book. " Equestria has dabbled here and there in this world from either us going into it for some samples of plants, or one of your world's beings coming to Equestria. Once I remember one of those animals, I believe you call it a cat, came to our world and Fluttershy took care of it until we were able to send it back."

" Well that's cool," I said. " I never really liked cats but it is nice she went out of her way to help the poor thing like that, but wait how did it even get there in the first place?"

" Well me and Princess Celestias' best guess was that because of the reawakening of the Elements of Harmony's power, the sudden power burst made the borders on our world weaken, and rips through the dimensions started to appear all around Equestria and mysterious creatures were wandering in the Everfree Forest from time to time." Twilight said.

" So the effects were reversed or something?" I said stating to get more into the subject of different worlds.

" No, Celestia reinforced the barriers with her sister a couple of months ago." Twilight said with a sigh.

" So then you don't have a clue what happened?" I asked.

" I never said that," Twilight said closing the book. " Before we made our way into this world, Princess Celestia was studying a possible new field of magic. The details however, were kept to herself and she refused to even tell me about them. Anyways she sent me a request to see if magic could mend with the sonic rainboom." I remembered the episode where Rainbow Dash had preformed the sonic boom and colors spread across the sky. " And since I wanted all of my friends to see the sonic rainboom, so I called all of them out." she paused as she took a breath, shuttering. " And then, then we gathered around on an open field, far away of course to not let any casualties come to Ponyville, and something went wrong with my magic when it met the rainbow and the next thing I know is that we were in free fall, but luckily I managed to put a protection spell up to shield most of us from the impact." I looked and nodded at her as she said all of this. " We mustve hit a patch of the world that wasnt fixed by Celestia and transported to this world." Twilight said then a tear ran down he cheek.

" Hey are you okay?" I asked " What's wrong?"

" I just think, I think its all my fault that were here." Twilight said wiping her tear with her hoof.

" What how could it possibly be your fault?" I asked trying to comfort her.

" Maybe if I hadn't have brought everyone to see the rainboom it would have just been me and Dash, but I just had to drag all of them into this mess." she said even louder. Rarity looked back at me with hate filled eyes. I must've looked like an idiot
that didn't know what he did so she mouthed the words " Help her." at me. I mouthed back " What am I supposed to do?" She didnt say, or mouth, anything she just pointed at Twilight and started to walk over and pat her shoulder.

" There there darling, its okay." Rarity cooed as she stroked her hair.

" Yeah Twilight, don't worry about it." I said reassuring her. " Everyone doesn't seem to mind, and i've seen you guys pull through a lot harder things that just coming to a new place for a day or two. Remember that time with Discord? When everyone had lost what their element was, you never gave up! You toughed it out and showed that guy what real magic was. Besides im sure Celestia is working on a solution right now to save you all and bring you all back to Equestria."

Just then there was a bright flash in my living room that blinded me for a couple of seconds. When I blinked the tears out of my eyes I looked back to a tall standing pony with a long flowing mane. She stepped over a couple of feet without saying a thing. I could feel the confidence and power emanating from her, but some how something felt off about her almost tired or beaten, as she made her way towards Twilight, with a note in her mouth. She was finally in front of Twilight after what felt like an eternity of watching her stride over the room. She bent low and dropped the note in front of Twilight and wiped a tear off of her face, Then just as the way she entered she disappeared with a blinding light.

" Is everything okay?" Rainbow Dash said as she flew in through the window in a flash of rainbow colors.

" We saw the flash, what is going on in here?" Apple jack said as she ran through the kitchen and out in the living room.

" Is everyone okay?" Fluttershy said from the kitchen obviously scared to even step into the living room. I couldn't speak. I didnt know why but it felt like Celestia's power had just stunned me for a second or two.

" You okay in there?" Applejack said giving me a weird look and hitting my leg with her fore hoof.

" Naw naw Applejack, ya' gotta do it like this!" Rainbow Dash said as she flew right in front of me and took aim.

" Im fine I swear!" I managed to shout before the blow sent me flying backwards. Everything was black for a couple of seconds and I slowly opened my eyes.

" Now why did ya' go an' do that Rainbow?" Applejack said.

" You were doing it wrong." I heard Rainbow Dash say looking away from Applejack and me.

" Hey wer' ya hit hard?" Applejack said looking at me as I started to open my eyes.

" No, no im fine..." I said rubbing my aching head.

" Now what do you say Rainbow Dash?" Rarity asked.

" You were doing it wrong." Rainbow Dash repeated. I heard a thud. "Ow okay!" she turned around and walked towards me. "Im sorry about hitting you in the head..." she said.

" Aaand?" Rarity said giving her a look.

" Twice..." Rainbow Dash said even guiltier.

" Don't worry about it, lets just see what Celestia had to do here." I said as I stood back up and looked at Twilight who seemed to be in shock by what she was reading. " Twilight? You there?" I asked taking a couple of steps closer.

" Yes i'm fine..." she says quietly not looking up from the note.

" Is it okay if you read it out loud?" I asked.

" Yes...of course." she cleared her throat. " Dear Twilight Sparkle, I hope you are doing well in the human world. Im sorry for my carelessness I should have foreseen something like this happening, and I do hope you can forgive me. I hope that you and all of your friends have found some shelter or even better a friend to take care of you. Unfortunately, I can not stay for long in that world. My power is not strong enough due to recent attacks throughout Canterlot. Without the Elements Of Harmony present in Equestria, Discord was able to free himself from his stone imprisonment. He has spread his conquest and is now nearing the final defenses of Canterlot. This may sound like grave news my dear student, but please do not give up hope. I have all faith in you that you all will come back to Equestria and help us in this dire time. Please Twilight Sparkle do not give up hope." There was silence after Twilight said the note aloud. The full weight of the letter hit me dead on. The world of Equestria was crumbling under Discords feet. If we didnt act soon, the girls may not have a home to go back to. Even Pinkie Pie ,who was back from the bathroom, seemed to realize the graveness of the situation.

" So what do we do now?" Fluttershy said finally out of the safety of the kitchen.

" Isnt it obvious?" I said. " We get you guys back and you use your friendship magic to teach Discord his place again!" They looked at me with beaten and depressed eyes. All of them but Rainbow Dash seemed defeated.

" He's right girls!" Rainbow Dash said flying up next to my head. " All we gotta' do is get back to Equestria, kick Discord's misshapen butt!" I looked in shock at her. The last person I imagined backing me up was Rainbow Dash, especially after last night and a couple of minutes ago.

" Don't get any funny ideas, I'm just agreeing with you." Rainbow Dash whispered in my ear.

" But how are we supposed to do that?" Twilight asked seeming to be a bit perked up.

" It's simple," Rainbow Dash said with a grin as she turned to face me.

" We do the same thing that brought you here..." I said with the realization of what she was getting at.