• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 1,488 Views, 6 Comments

An Out Of Pony Experience - Lock Target



Call the Bo-tector, things just got wiggy.

  • ...
4
 6
 1,488

Main Story

One day, Twilight is seen deep in her studies. Spike comes in waking up from his nap. He walks down the stairs seeing Twilight's nose in a book. He lets out a big yawn.

"You're STILL on that one?" asked Spike

"What are you talking about, Spike? I got up three hours ago" Twilight replied.

"What time is it?"

"7AM"

Spike shakes his head in nonsurprise and walks over to the icebox to start on breakfast. He grabs a few eggs, some cereal and a few other items. He starts prepping everyting before Twilight let out a gasp.

"OH MY GOSH!" she shouted making Spike smack himself in the face with a frying pan.

"OW! What?" replied Spike rubbing his face.

"I just found a spell that will help up to three or more ponies understand one-another! This is great! If I can get this right, the girls and I can be able to know what the everypony in our circle is thinking!" She stands up and heads out the door. "I've gotta try this out!"

With a sigh, Spike looks at you and remarks, "Fasten your seatbelts, it's gonna be a bumpy ride" then gets started on making breakfast.

Moments later, Twilight returns with Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash. After explaining what she wanted to do with them, the trio agreed and positioned themselves with AJ in the middle, RD to here right and Rarity to her left. Twilight reads the spell and begins performing it. A white orb forms from her horn and she scoots it to the girls. It shines a beam of ilght down on each of them and disappears in a flash.

"So, how do you feel?" Asked Twilight in success.

"I got this weird bump on my head" Said Rarity in AJ's voice.

"I THINK IT MADE MY WINGS DISAPPEAR" cried AJ in Rainbow's voice.

"Did it change our kinds around as well as were we stand?" asked Rainbow in Rarity's voice.

All three open their eyes to see that they've all switched bodies. In horror, Rarity lets out a shreik loud enough to shatter an ice sculpture Bon Bon was making of Derpy in a toga and melt the pieces just as quickly. The three ponies run around in a panic. Twilight whistles for them to stop as Spike comes out of the kitchen with her breakfast.

"Everypony calm down, I'll figure this out!" she shouted.

"Please do" whined Rarity, "I just don't feel like myself without my horn!"

"Speak for yourself" added Rainbow, "I'm an Earth Pony! EARTH PONIES CAN'T FLY!"

"Consarn it Twi, what's goin' on here?" asked AJ.

Spike places the breakfast on a table, turns to Twilight and says, "Okay, one of three things is going on right now; One, I need to check the expiration date on everything before I find out if it's safe for you to eat. Two, you guys are putting on a ventriloquist act. Three, this was the result of the spell"

Twilight took another look at the spell to see what went wrong. After scanning the pages for an hour, she starts to panic herself.

"I don't know what went wrong" Twilight said at last, "It doesn't say how to reverse it!"

"Well you'd better figure it out" snapped Dash in an extremely upset tone, "I'm gonna climb the walls if I don't get some flying in!"

"Yeah" added AJ, "Plus, it's Applebuckin' Season, and I gotta get back to help Big Mac soon"

"And what about my boutique?" whined Rarity, "Sweetie Belle's here and while she may be able to take care of her, Applejack deosn't posess the skill and elegance for my line of work!"

"I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN DAAAAYS!" boomed Pinkie Pie somewhere shaking some books off the shelves.

"Nopony panic" said Twilight after an akward pause, "I'll find the spell to reverse this" explained the distressed unicorn, "For now, each of you will have to take care of the other's jobs. And just so we can keep track of who's who..." She takes Rarity's eyelashes and places them on Rainbow's body's eyelids and places AJ's hat onto Rarity's body's head. "There" she said, "Now you just have to come up with a story about why each of you are out of place"

"Good thing it's my week off from weather duty" commented Dash leaving Twilight's with AJ.

"I think I'll stay with you and help find that spell. I don't trust myself!" said Rarity.

Twilight obliges and starts looking through some books. Rarity grabs a book and starts looking as well.

"Would you like me to help?" Spike asked.

"Go run some errands" replied Twilight, "This could take a while"

Spike exits the library with a list in his claw. The girls continue looking through the books.

Rarity looks over at Twilight and remarks, "This whole thing is leading towards inevitable bedlem"

"I'm counting down to the first sight of chaos out that window" replied Twilight.

Moments later at Sweet Apple Acres, Rainbow had just arrived. Big Mac comes over with a stack of apple-filled baskets.

"There you are, AJ" said Big Mac, "It's been three hours since you left and THIS is just the first batch of the day"

Simi-professionally in AJ's voice, Rainbow replies, "Well boy howdy, ah'm sorry about that, got held up at Twilight's"

"What's with your voice? It sounds like you have a sore throat"

"Uh, well ah-"

"And what happened to your hat?" Apple Bloom added.

Rainbow starts to sweat bullets and replies "Ah lent it to Rarity, said she wanted to see if it would inspire her new line" She then leaves saying, "Well, come on, y'all, we'd better skidaddle iffin we want to get done before the end of the day" she finished as she is walking away.

Ooh, this IS gonna be a bumpy ride. Let's check in on AJ just arriving at Carousel Boutique. She opens the door and an miffed Sweetie Belle stands with a sour look on her face tapping her hoof with smoke coming out of the kitchen.

"THERE YOU ARE!" she snapped, "I've been keeping breakfast warm for you all morning!" Sweetie Belle notices "Rarity's" current appearence. "Where are your eyelashes? And why are you wearing Applejack's hat again?"

Thinking quickly, AJ mixes her high-class voice with Rarity's accent replying in a surprisingly accurate voice, "I lost my eye lashes when Rainbow Dash ran into me. And I wound up getting Applejack's through the same circumstance. I was late returning because I was incredibly inspired to make a new line based on the Apple Family and their culture" She finished with an expression she gave while she was corrupted by Discord.

"What's with your voice? It sounds...Different somehow"

"Um...Sore throat?" She gives the expression again. "So about that breakfast..."

After eating, AJ and her current body's sister hed into the living room. AJ appears to be a bit nauseous. A knock on the door is heard. Sweetie Belle answers it and finds Apple Bloom there.

"Sweetie Belle, we need to talk" she said.

"You go run along, darling" said AJ, "I...Need to work on that line..."

"...Okay..." said Sweetie Belle, "Have fun in your inspiration room..."

"Inspiration room?"

"Yeah, the messiest one in the place? What's wrong with you?"

"That's what I need to talk to you about" Said AB as she yanks Sweetie Belle out of the boutique.

After the two fillies left, AJ reverts to her actual voice, lets out a sigh of relief and says, "Heavens to Betsy, I didn't even KNOW y'all could make toast look like that. If I had my body, maybe I could stomach it better...Well, better keep up this here charade and find that room...Wish I had this place mapped out in my head right now...And why does it feel like I'm on Dash's wave link?"

Let's see how finding that spell is coming along, shall we? Twilight puts a book down and starts on another. Rarity throws a book at one of the shelves making them fall out. Twilight looks at Rrity with a slight glare.

"This is HOPELESS!" whined Rarity, "I looked in FIFTY of these books and nothing!"

"Don't get discouraged" replied Twilight with her back turned and an uneasy expression on her face, "It's gotta be in ONE of these books!"

A knock on the door is heard.

"AHH! DON'T OPEN THAT DOOR! I CAN'T DO HER VOICE! WHAT DO WE DOOOO!?" Twilight slaps Rarity. "Thank you darling, I needed that"

Twilight walks over to the door and answers it. Scootaloo is on the other side.

"Hi, Twi. Is Rainbow Dash in?" she asked.

"Yes" Replied Twilight, "But she's busy helping me right now"

Scootaloo gets a good look at "Rainbow Dash" and notices something different about her.

"Why is she wearing Rarity's eyelashes?"

Rarity begins motioning what Twiligh should say.

"She...Got them after bumping into Rarity which knocked her into Applejack and...She decided to use her hat to inspire her new line"

"...Why doesn't SHE tell me that?"

Rarity coughs holding and pointing to Rainbow's Body's throat and shaking her head at Scootaloo.

"She has a sore throat, so she can't talk"

"OH COME ON!" shouted an angry Sweetie Belle.

Twilight pokes her head out to see the two fillies just at the left of the door.

"Oh, hi girls" our magical heroine said.

"DON'T YOU HI GIRLS US, SPARKLE!" snapped Apple Bloom.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO OUR SISTERS!?" added Sweetie Belle.

"Uh...WEGOTTAGETBACKTOWORKBYE!" Twilight said shutting the door.

"Does EVERYpony in town know I wear false eyelashes?" asked Rarity.

"She might have learned that during the Gabby Gums incident" replied Twilight.

Rarity continues searching for the spell with a sigh and says, "It's just that it ruins my overall mistuque and beauty. After all, a lady has to keep up appearences. The fact that I was born without REAL eyelashes makes me self-concious...Oh, who am I kidding? The docter says it's a rare occurrence, that's one reason for my name being Rarity. He prescribed me to wear these to protect my eyes from debris. Ooh, now that I think about it, Applejack should be wearing these since she has my body"

"Oh...Sorry, I didn't think of that" said Twilight before noticing Fluttershy behind them. She taps Rarity on the shoulder making her turn around.

"Uh-oh" said Rarity.

"Rarity?" Fluttershy asked, "Is that you?

"It's a long story, darling"

Twilight sighs and admits, "You remember when I found you guys and asked if you could help me with something but you were too busy to partake? I found a spell this morning that would help up to three or more ponies understand one-another, but it wound up switching AJ, Rarity and Rainbow Dash's bodies around and now we're looking for a spell that will reverse that. Would you like to to help us?"

"No" said Fluttershy in an upset tone, "I'll just ruin everything like I've done all day!"

"Then why are you here, darling?"

"I came her to ask Twilight if I could borrow two of her-"

But before Fluttershy could say anything else, Pinkie Pie enters knocking her into Rarity/Rainbow. Pinkie has a strange look in her eyes as if somepony gave her...Oh dear Celestia! BACK TO RAINBOW/AJ, BACK TO RAINBOW/AJ I SAY! Okay, let's see what she's up to...Oh my...

"Applejack, what's this here contraption?" Asked Granny Smith.

"Well, fiddle-dee-dee, Ah thought you'd never ask" said the Pegasus with an identity crisis.

"And why are you talkin' like that?" asked Big Mac.

"Never y'all mind! Anywho, this here new fangled device will allow us to fly like the pegasi. Since we was done fer the day, I had time to build it"

Big Mac and Granny look at it for a moment until Big Mac says, "...I think some lingering stress from the time I hurt myself may have flared and gone to her head"

"Now don't be a cotton-pickin' chicken! Now come up here and help me test her out!"

Not wanting to cause a scene with who he believes to be his sister, Big Mac oblidges and climbs us to her. Rainbow/AJ preps him for launch with safety gear and that then starts adjusting Big Mac's trajectory.

"Are you sure this thing is-?"

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADER HARDBOILED DETECTIVES, YAY!"

The sound of their prolamation made Rainbow/AJ jump and accidentally launch Big Mac into town.

"SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa...!" he cried as he flew to his destination.

One moment later, Granny Smith looks at Rainbow/AJ saying "Why don't you leave this doohikie alone for a while and get started on fixin' the roof? Latter's in the barn" She then walks over to the house...Let's see how AJ/Rarity's doing. She's in the work room with what appears to be a...Thing...she made with...felt...Ahem...She seems a bit stressed.

"Ugh, I don't know how Rarity does it" Said AJ/Rarity, "Or Fluttershy for that matter, which I still find freaky. What was I thinking? I bit off more then I can chew AGAIN!"

"Pull it together sweetheart, you're losin' it!" said a voice.

"...W-was that...You?" she asked the...Object in her hooves.

"Who else, babe? Name's Russle. Why don't you finish me with all the materials you can find. Fabric and outfits. It doesn't have to include your hat, but I would like to wear it for a while when you finish me"

"ALL the stuff in the store...? Sounds bad for business, but...Okay..."

Hoo boy, back to the library! Twilight is looking at the first book from earlier. We present Rarity/Rainbow's forlorn ranting already in progress.

"Indefinitely? INDEFINITELY!? That's not a good option! Rainbow Dash is probably trying to fly with Applejack's body! And Applejack might want to go back to her job and get my body dirty, and if her stress from last Applebuck season acts up, it could mean disaster for my store! And what am I supposed to do? I don't know how to use wings, this is awful!"

Reassuring the frazzled Unicorn/Pegasus, Twilight sighs and says "Indefinitely means that it's a sure thing that you three will go back to normal no matter what, but nopony knows where or when"

"HOW IS THAT HELPING ME!?" cried Rarity/Rainbow.

Moments later, back at Sweet Apple Acres, Rainbow/AJ had just finished fixing the roof.

In her normal voice, Rainbow/AJ says, "There we go, solid as a rock!" The shingles start falling and she slips on them into a nearby bush as Big Mac returned. "Make that...A rockslide..."

"...You're not really AJ, are you?"

"No sir...No I'm not"

Meanwhile, back at Carousel Boutique, customers find the store empty of every outfit. Berry Punch forms a serch party with Daisy, Lilly and Rose and starts looking around the other areas of the store around the living areas. The four hear AJ/Rarity in the work room, whispering in a frightened tone.

"Thread by thread...Stiching it together...Snip by snip...Yard by yard...Blend color and form..."

The search party follows this finding the Crusaders covered in grey make-up and wearing lighter grey fedoras. They all look into the room and find AJ/Rarity trembling and caressing a giant mound of the fabrics and outfits violently sewn together with her hat on top, patches for eyes and a stitched on smile.

She looks at the crowd with a frightened look whispering, "His name is...R-R-R-Russle"

Uh...Moving on...Suddenly, Twilight and Rarity/Rainbow shows up then shrieks again then shouting, "APPLEJAAAAAAAAAAACK!"

She angrily looks for AJ/Rarity with Rainbow/AJ and Big Mac who had the same idea. Soon Twilight and Spike find them with the trio yelling at each other.

"IT'S JUST NOT EASY BEING YOU!" they shouted at the same time.

Another orb forms in front of them coming out of Rarity's body's horn. This time, it's green. It flashes away and the three are back to normal. Rarity notices the Crusaders.

"Is that the make-up I use for my modles!?" she shouted getting a wash cloth with make-up remover on it rubbed into her side by a skeptic Twilight.

Twilight inspects the spot she rubbed seeing that it's not make-up.

"Just checking" she said.

"I don't blame you" replied Rarity plucking her eyelashes off of Rainbow and placing them back onto her eyes.

AJ climbs "Russle" and puts her hat back onto her head. The group suddenly hears a racket outside. Everypony except Spike, Twilight and the Crusaders leaves to investigate.

Sighing in relief, Twilight claims, "Well, Spike, whatever's happening out there, it can't be any more bizarre then what just happened"

"Wanna bet?" asked Spike in Apple Bloom's body.

"Now THIS is a mystery" said Apple Bloom in Sweetie Belle's body.

"Let's file this one unsolved" added Sweetie Bell in Scootaloo's body.

"That means you're..."

"Scootaloo"

"Oh my"

To Be Concluded.

Comments ( 5 )

You're probably wondering...:applejackunsure: WHAT IN THE HOOF WAS THAT ALL ABOUT!? :rainbowhuh: WHO GAVE PINKIE PIE COFFEE!? :fluttershysad: WHAT DID FLUTTERSHY WANT TO BORROW FROM TWILIGHT!? :raritycry: I CAN'T TAKE THE SUSPENSE! Don't worry about all that, I'm working on three subplots that will explain everything and the conclusion on how it all connects. So please be patient...:moustache:

This is the third time I've seen this story submitted. If you submit it again I'm going to fail it.

I attempted to post a story with the exact same title about 5 months back. So sorry if that's got anything to do with it ThePonyWithNoName. I hope Alexstrazsa understands.

689462 Actually, I was impatient last night, so I kept revoking the submission.

Login or register to comment