• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 2,012 Views, 63 Comments

Resurrection - Z-A-C



This is the sequel to my first story Person In PonyLand

  • ...
4
 63
 2,012

Chapter 15: What's Buried...

I was dreaming of a memory that I had long ago forgotten. It's been forever since I thought about this moment....I think I'm crying in my sleep.......

"Hey Seth how's it been going?"

"Oh you know, same shit different day."

"Yeah I hear ya. How are mom and dad doing?"

"....I fucking hate 'em"

"Yeah....you remember what I told you about them, right?"

"Yeah....they're not the same as the were..."

"And now you have proof I was right.......but enough about that, you have a girlfriend yet?"

"Oh come on Eli! You ask that every time you call."

"Ha ha ha I'll take that as a no then. Hows Elaine doing?"

"Shes fine. Shes been doing alright in school."

"I've been gone that long huh? Sheesh Already old enough for school..."

"Well it's been what? Three/four years since you've shipped out for basic and then you weren't stationed here like you'd hoped....but yeah it's been awhile."

"How about you? As far as school going?"

"C's and B's like always.....mom and dad don't care though."

"Well like I said before.....they're the reason I got the fuck outta there and joined."

"Yeah hopefully I'll be able to do the same."

"Hopefully. Well I gotta go Seth, it as good talking to you."

"You to Eli. Talk to you later.....Oh hey wait!"

"What is it?"

"Whens your next leave?"

"Hmm...I think its in a few months.....yeah four months from now."

"Damn....I was hoping it was sooner.....Well be seeing you then...."

"Yeah see ya later bro."

Now it was two months later. Why am I dreaming of this?

"Hey Eli hows it going?

"Not to bad on this end. How about on yours?"

"Eh, just gonna hang with friends later. What time is it there?"

"Too damn early....I dunno my watch broke. How about the time there?"

"To damn late."

"Ha ha quit mocking me. Man I am sure looking forward to coming home."

"Yeah the time is flying out the window."

"Not fast enough for me but oh well. Alright bro sorry to cut this short but I gotta go."

"Don't worry about, I know how it is."

"Alright cool Talk to you when I'm able."

"Ok Eli. bye."

now it was just a week until his leave just before.....oh....no now I remember why I forgot about this.

"Hey Seth what's up?"

"Nothing really just got back from the doctor...."

"You don't sound happy. Bad news?"

"Well It turns out that I have a mental illness or two I forgot what they're called but oh well."

"I see....I have to make this quick I have to prepare for a mission."

"What kind of mission?"

"Oh just a routine convoy. Nothing huge."

"Eli....Don't go on that convoy I have a bad feeling about it..."

"Bah don't worry about it. I've been on tons and nothing ever happens."

"Just try to oped out ok? I really think you shouldn't go!"

"Alright I'll try to think of something....you really should stop watching the news. Oh shit I'm late I gotta go *click*"

"Eli...?"

"*Boop Boop Boop Boop*"

"FUCK! Hes not going to try to get out of it!......please God....let him be safe."

I woke up shooting straight up with tears in my eyes. I blinked away the tears and looked around. I was in a hospital, with Fluttertshy and the rest of the gang. They all looked concerned for me but couldn't say anything. A familiar voice broke the silence.

"Ezekiel? Are you okay?"

"I think so......I'm not sure.....Luna......why am I crying?"

"No idea.....I think it has to do with whoever Eli is. May I ask who is he?"

"He was my brother.....that fucker was just a fucking week from coming home!....and....he...he." I couldn't finish I burst out crying prompting Fluttershy to run over to me and try to comfort me.

"May I ask what happened to him?"

I couldn't answer because I was still crying so instead I shook my head "no".

"Very well. perhaps some other time?"

"Ye....yes Luna. Jus....just not right now."

"I understand. I will gave you all the time you need."

"Thank you."

----------

I had fallen asleep again and the same dream played and like the last time I woke up bawling my eyes out. I was alone now, I guessed visiting hours were over but I found a note from Fluttershy. It said that Luna Pretty much ordered her to go home and get some rest. I chuckled a little bit which hurt. But Why? I looked down. "Oh....right. How did I live through all that?" I looked over my body trying to see where I had been shot. Turns out they just shot my leg but I noticed that the bullet just barely missed a major artery. "Well would you look at that! I got really lucky there! Woo man." I heard the door open and looked over.

"Oh hello Celestia."

"Hello Ezekiel, Or should I say Seth?"

"Ezekiel works fine.....why do I get the feeling I did something wrong?"

"You killed all of those people!"

"Oh for the love of....look its not like they were innocent! They went after me first!"

"But You didn't have to kill them."

"Celest....." She cut me...off...?

"They could have atleast served their sentences!"

"Celestia I...." Again? Really?

"You had no right to do th..." My turn bitch!

"LiStEn To Me!!" yep did the trick but how was I able to do that? "*ahem* Sorry about that. Now just listen ok?"

"Yes very well."

"I may have had no right to kill them but I warned them to leave me alone but they thought I was asking because I was weak. And its not like I wanted to do it I just lost control."

"You blacked out?"

"Well no. But I lost control of my actions. It was like I was trapped inside my own head."

"I see. We gave you medicine that will help with your headaches. It is just a little stronger then the previous medication you took when we first found out about you condition."

"Good, thank you."

"It is no trouble. Now Twilight told me that you don't like me, is there any particular reason."

"Why talk about this now?"

"To try to keep your mind off of the pain."

"Well its worth a shot. Well you are the ruler of this land correct?"

"Yes?"

"And I am from I country that was founded on getting away from monarchy which means us Americans don't like it to much."

"But you like my sister better?"

"Hmm....good point. I don't know then. There's just something about her I like....not sure what though."

"I see..."

"Oh cheer up it's not like I hate you or anything sheesh. Everything's so black and white with you ponies."

"Well I suppose that's something."

"Hug?"

"Excuse me?"

"I asked if you wanted a hug. We are still friends right?"

"But you said you didn't like me."

".....friendship where i'm from is complicated. So you want a hug or not?"

she shook her head "yes" and we hugged. "Thank you Ezekiel. Now get some rest. Luna told me you had a brother. I am interested to hear about him."

I sighed. "Ok i'll tell you after I wake up."

"Ok. Sleep well."

---------

My phone rang and I didn't know the number. I wasn't going to answer it but something told me it was important.

"Hello?"

"Uh yeah is this Seth Miller?"

"Yeah who are you?"

"I'm Eli's battle buddy.....you might want to sit down."

"......"

"Are you there?"

"God dammit......he went on the mission didn't he?"

".....yes he did."

"FUCK! why are you calling me.....no don't answer that....."

"He told me to tell you hes still alive....but it's...not looking good but there is a chance he can pull through."

"Good that son of a bitch is strong he'll make it...."

I woke up yelling his name in that voice and when I finally realized what was going on every one was at my bed side. they were concerned and wanted to know what was wrong with me. I finally decided it was time to tell them.

"Ok gather around mein children itz story time" They all sat down even the two princesses. "Alright so you want to know about my brother right?" They nodded their heads. "Ok then: My brother, Eli Miller was a good, decent person. He didn't like my parent, same as me but the difference is that he left and I didn't. He was 4 years older then me but he treated me as if I were the same age. He joined the U.S. Army when he was 18 but maintained contact with the family, me more then anyone else though.

"How old were you?"

"What's 18 minus 4?"

"That's easy 14....oh right sorry."

"Anyway: He hoped to be stationed in the same state we lived in but the army is the army and they will send you where they need you. After almost what felt like a year after all of he training they send him to his permanent duty station in a state called Texas. Poor guy it was summer, I still feel a bit sorry for him."

"Was he able to visit you?" Luna asked.

"Yes. He was occasionally able to go on 'leave' which allowed him to pretty much do what he wanted as long as it was legal. Continuing: He was unfortunately send over seas to help with the war effort. His orders told him he had to stay a year but his job was safe.....sometimes. He came home safe but wanted to go on a second tour of duty. And he was 21 when he went."

"Why would any want to go back to war?"

"Loyalty to the country."

"Why is your country at war?"

"Have I ever told you why I hate the concept of religion?" They nodded their heads well the princesses didn't. "Yeah that's why. All it ever does is cause fights and wars against countries. Its an excuse to justify acts of evil! But anyway, He was to spend another year over there and he still kept contact when he could. He turned 22 over there and wasn't allowed to come home to celebrate but that's common. He requested to take leave and the request was accepted but he had to wait for a few months before he could come home. All was well until a week before his leave. He was on a convoy headed to somewhere.....well...less than safe when.....his....vehicle was hit with an I.E.D." I tried to hold back tears but a few escaped.

"What's an I.E.D.?"

"Improvised Explosive Device. Its a weapon that the people we're fighting against use to ambush our troops. they are extremely dangerous and cost the lives of many soldiers.....my brother being one of them." They all looked at me with sympathy. "But those.....THOSE InFeRnAl DeViCeS DiDn'T aLwAyS kIlL WiTh tHe ExPlOsIoN!!! Sometimes they put nails in them to rip flesh apart and....." I sat down and rubbed my eyes. "Sorry......the blast didn't kill my brother it was the blood loss.....one day his battle buddy called me with the news that he was hit and not looking that great and when I hung up the phone I.....I...." I bawled my eyes out again and continued talking when I calmed down. "Did that. He had a wound that would not stop bleeding, they did everything they could but one can only lose so much blood before their body gives up and.......dies.......I was 18 when he died and I'm 23 now. I guess because of all the 'medication' the damn doctors made me take I forgot about it."

"Oh Ezekiel I'm so sor..."

"You know how I said My kill count was up to seven people?"

"Seven? I thought it was five!?"

"I did technically kill my parents......but anyway I guess I lied or just didn't remember. At my brothers funeral there was this Anti-military group that protested and some got through the police line."

"They protested? What's that mean?"

"tHeY WeRe sAyInG hOw HaPpY tHeY wErE ThAt hE wAs dEaD!!!"

"That's....That's disgusting Behavior!!" Celestia exclaimed.

"And the ones that got through the line payed for it. It didn't help that Eli's battle buddy was there as well as some of his friends."

"How many of 'em got through?"

"Ten or 15 I think. And yes they all died and to my surprise the police looked the other way and didn't do anything to stop us. Those fuckers deserved it though. They had no right to do that."

"And you had the right to take their lives?!" Celestia asked.

"Well 'God' wasn't going to do it so I had to. They were demons in human flesh! Scum of people that have no right to live and I took the opportunity to rid the earth of them."

"Are you okay sugar-cube?"

"Not really."

"Oh my stars darling what happened to your eye?"

"I...is that B...b..blood?"

"His left eye is red!"

"Get me a mirror!" Twilight flew a mini mirror over and I looked into it. My left eye's iris turned red and was crying blood whereas my right eye stayed completely they same. "That's unusual." I looked around the room and everyone was sad and I think Celestia was disappointed to hear that I killed more people then she had thought. I looked at Pinkie and she was walking out of the room, deflated hair and all the signs of her being depressed, the others followed her.

"Maybe you should get some rest you had a rough day."

"Thanks Celestia. When will I be out?"

"After your leg heals."

"Ok. Goodbye princess."

"Goodbye and have a good sleep."