• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 2,012 Views, 63 Comments

Resurrection - Z-A-C



This is the sequel to my first story Person In PonyLand

  • ...
4
 63
 2,012

Chapter 1: Reunion

*Thump..........Thumb* *Thump.........Thump*

"You don't belong here." I heard a mysterious voice. "I am not in charge of souls of non ponies and you are not a griffon either." I saw a cloaked figure walk in front of me. It was about the same height as a pony. "Ezekiel the human hmm...? Interesting. I am the grim reaper pony and you are a curious case, those do not come by very often." He got closer. "You can speak and move human that is if you have anything to say?" I shook my head. "Ah well give it time. I can't do anything with you. I cannot take your soul because you are not a pony or a griffon. It seems I do not have power over human souls."

"Y....y...you don't have many humans around." I said nervously as I looked around trying to see where I was.

"No we do not. Usually I would be able to bypass such things but something is in the way..."

"And what is that?"

"That seems to be the problem I'm not sure."

"I....I see. Forgive me but I don't remember my death all that well and..."

"You wish to know how you died?"

"Yes."

"So do I. That might reveal to me why I cant take you to your rightful place."

"We can visit that event?"

"Why yes. And replay it until I find the answer I need."

"And I find out how I died?"

"Yes."

"Ok go for it."

"As you wish." Then there was this window looking thing that appeared in front of us but instead a portal it was a screen. "This is your death."

I watched as a pony levitated me over to another one. There were words but everything was silent and I could only see mouths moving. Then the pony the was next to me stopped breathing and the other ponies and I started to cry. There was this shadowy mass that formed beside me and spoke to me and the other ponies saw it to. I talked and cried with the other ponies and there was dark flash that was hardly noticeable and the shadowy thing came up to me again and spoke and I closed my eyes and then there was this light that was coming out of me and into the pony. the pony started breathing again but instead of cheering the other one were crying still and as soon as that pony realized what happened she started to cry to and the the screen went blank.

"Ah I see now, that was dark magic you used Ezekiel but you used it for good."

"What do you mean?"

"You used your remaining life force to save the yellow pony. It was a kind and noble death very rarely seen in today's time"

"So the reason I'm in limbo is because I sacrificed myself to save that pony?"

"Yes that seems to be the case and it also seems you lost some memory as well."

"It looks like it. She was obviously very important to me but I don't remember why."

"Well I was just ordered to keep you here until you remember at least 50% of events that has happened with you and the ponies." He held out a burnt scroll with red ink that looked like blood. "I will leave you here to go over you own memories."

I shook my head but didn't say anything and looked into the magical screen in front of me.

----------------

*Thump......Thump* *Thump....Thump*

"What have you learned human?"

It had been quite awhile now since he left me to watch the memories. "I learned their names and how I got to know them."

"Good what are they and tell them in order and start with who you met first."

"Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash."

"Good and everything else?"

"I think once I'm back it will come back to me."

"Good just remember one thing."

"Whats that?"

"You and Flutteryshy are together."

"Like in a relationship?"

"Yes."

"That's a bit odd right?"

"Not for this world." A portal opened up. "This portal will close as soon as you go through it nopony else can see it go through it so leave when you want."

"Ok." He left and I just sat there looking into it. "Am I really ready to go back? What would they say to someone rising from the dead?"

I decided to just go for it and I jumped through the portal and on the other side was the inside of a coffin.

"Should have figured. Great"

I must have been pounding on the inside of it for the better part of an hour before I punched a hole through it, which was a stupid idea but it was the only way out. I crawled out of the grave, poked my head out and looked around there weren't many ponies but there was one visiting my grave. She ran away before I could get a good look at her though. I crawled all of the way out of the grave, which attracted a lot of attention. There were panicking ponies which was making me remember everything about how they acted when I first arrived but I noticed a couple of things. 1. I was wearing a suit and 2. I wasn't in Ponyville.

"What is all the commotion about!!." Said a very loud regal voice.

"Now now Luna volume." said a much softer sweet voice. "I already know." And she looked over at and shortly after so did the other one.

"Ezekiel?! But how?" The blue one said.

"Do not want. Do not want." I tried to run away but my legs were still stiff

"Why do you flee from your princesses?"

"I don't really know to be honest." I stopped and turned around. "Where am I?"

The white one came up to me. "Your in Canterlot Ezekiel. there is much to talk about follow us."

"Ok but the blue scares me a bit."

She looked sad. "Do....do I really? I thought we were friends."

"I'm heads a little fuzzy I don't quite remember everything yet."

"Then its best we get inside." said the white princess.

"I agree." I said and we went towards a castle

-----------

I explained how I came back to life, the seemed to believe me which made everything easier.

"So you don't remember anything?" The blue princess asked.

"I remember the Elements Of Harmony and little bits and pieces of everything."

"I see. And are you aware of your relationship with Fluttershy?"

"Yes but I find it a little strange but I was told that it all would come back to me."

"I see. So you don't remember us then?"

"I remember you but I don't remember your names."

"I'm Princess Luna."

"And I'm Celestia."

"Doesn't Celestia usually do more talking."

"Yes I do but you remembered something." She chuckled.

"Well played. very clever."

"And you know her better then you know me."

"Oh right the castle ruins. I remember now."

"Yes."

"How long was I.....dead...for?"

"Its been a month since the fight with the hydra."

"Whoa so everyone must think I'm dead huh?"

"All but one but she ran away."

"Yeah who was that mare that ran away from my grave? she took off before I could get a good look at her."

"She is the reason we knew about raising from the grave." Luna replied.

"I like you Luna. I can see why I liked talking to you. But anyway who was she?"

"Fluttershy. shes in the other room if you want to see her."

"You mean.....Fluttershy is alive!!" They both nodded. "I would like to see her."

"Very well I'll go get her." Said Celestia.

"Hey Luna you sister is not acting like herself."

"She thinks you would respond better to a familiar face."

"Well so far its working."

She chuckled. "It would seem so."

"So Luna what do you think about this whole thing?"

"To be honest I find it quite interesting."

"You know Princess this doesn't happen in my world."

"I figured as much and that's not what I find interesting."

"Then whats so interesting."

"The grim reaper pony gave you another chance. Hes only done that for one other pony."

"do you know this pony?"

"Yes I do. she is I"

Before I could ask the doors opened again and I saw Celestia and......Fluttershy walking this way. Fluttershy ran passed the Celestia and towards me. When she was within five feet she jumped up into the air and flew into me. We crashed into the ground. In midair she hugged me and didn't break the embrace even when we hit the ground. she didn't say anything, she just hugged me tightly and cried.

I hugged her back. "I'm sorry if I don't act like myself. I don't remember everything but its slowly coming back."

"As long as you didn't forget about me and the girls or what you did for me I don't care. I'm happy your still here."

"I'm happy that your safe."

The two princesses just looked and smiled.

The odd couple was together again