• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 2,013 Views, 63 Comments

Resurrection - Z-A-C



This is the sequel to my first story Person In PonyLand

  • ...
4
 63
 2,013

Chapter 19: Match And A Letter

"....And I bet you one those ponies did something! I mean just looked at it's leg!" We were back at our house and Fluttershy was gathering her medical supplies to treat the changeling. I was getting a second look at it but I couldn't see anything else wrong but that doesn't mean there isn't something going on internally. Fluttershy got everything together and came over to the table where we set the insectoid pony creature down. She had a different energy about her as she was preparing to fix it up. "You look like you know what you're doing I'll just get out of the way." She nodded her head without losing the look of determination she had on her face. I grabbed a chair and watched, assisting her when she needed it.

After about 15 minutes she was done tending to the broken leg, now she was cleaning and bandaging the cuts. As she was it made some of the cuts bleed alittle bit, it was interesting because it had green blood. After about 5 minutes tending to the cuts she was done and the changeling looked exhausted, well from what I could tell anyway. It was about to fall asleep but jolted itself awake after it closed it's eyes for a few seconds, well since it's awake again might as well ask it some questions.

"Ok I'm want to ask you somethings, nod if you can understand me." It nodded. "Oh good! Alright first off: Can you speak?"

She started to shake a bit. ".....Y....yes....I.....I...."

"Don't strain yourself I got my answer. Ok two and three: What is your gender and your name?"

"Y...y...you cant t...t...tell?"

"Honestly? No I cant well I guess alittle bit by your voice but I just want to make sure."

"Oh.....f....f...female and....." I stopped her.

"You don't have to be nervous, alright? Would like something to drink?"

"Water w...would be nice." I looked at Fluttershy but she was already in the kitchen getting a glass of water. I grabbed the glass and thanked her when she got back. I handed the glass to the changeling, which she began to drink it like she was a fish or something. When she finished the glass she smiled which showed that she had fangs. "Thank you. You two really are different from the ponies in town..."

"Well I'm not a pony but we'll get into that later. Now then. Your name?"

"Match."

"Interesting....I'm Ezekiel and this is Fluttershy."

"Nice to meet you."

"Hey Fluttershy, how long does she have to stay off her hooves?"

"About a week."

"Ok, thanks for helping me."

"Oh its no trouble." Fluttershy and Match smiled at each other. Fluttershy tried not to pay attention to the fangs.

"So Match, what were you doing in Ponyville? You had to know it had to be dangerous."

"I did but I didn't have any other option. After I was repelled from Canterlot I lost contact with the rest of the hive and landed in a field next to the town."

"So when you landed you broke your leg?"

"Yeah..."

"Looks like I owe an apology. And what about the cuts?"

"Those are from trying to fly.....in one of the attempts I crashed into a thorn bush."

"I see. Fluttershy do you have any questions?"

"No well not for her. Ezekiel do you think she can have the bed until she gets better?"

"Of course. It might even help with the healing process."

"My thoughts exactly." She smiled and I smiled back.

"Hey Ezekiel....what are you?" Match asked sheepishly.

"A human and I come from a different planet."

"Hoo....Hue...Human?"

"Yep you got it."

"Hmm...maybe when I'm better I can try to turn into you."

"Body structures to different, I wouldn't advise it."

"I guess you're right......um i...if you don't mind me asking..uh....why did you....save me?"

Ok I'll be honest the question hurt me slightly but I guess I understand the confusion. "Well I just don't think it was right. You were hurt and they weren't doing anything to help. I understand they were afraid but if they actually looked at you they would have known you were no threat to them. And also it reminded me of myself." And then I went on telling her about my past. Yay...

---------

It took me about an hour to finished telling "my story". Fluttershy didn't like hearing it and reacted almost the same is she did when she first heard it but Match was less sympathetic.

"That sounds like life in the hive...."

"So to you its no big deal?"

"Sorry but no."

I laughed and slapped me knee. "Wow that's.....kinda refreshing actually."

"What do you mean?"

"Well every time I tell my story its always 'Aw poor thing' or I get hugged and padded on the shoulder. Don't get me wrong Fluttershy I like the hugs and all but I guess its just human nature, I don't know."

"Oh...ok"

"Don't worry honey I still love you."

She smiled but didn't say anything. Match just looked at us with a weird look on her face. "Are you two....."

"Dating? Yep, have been for awhile now."

"Oh I see..."

"Do you find it strange?"

"A....little...bit." She backed up a little smiling nervously.

I laughed. "So did the ponies in town but they got used to it."

"Don't worry we're not mad. Fluttershy smiled at her and she relaxed a bit. "But right now we need to get you to bed." Match nodded and followed Fluttershy to the bedroom while I went over to the couch and sat down. She sat beside me when she came back.

"You get her settled in?"

"Yes. She's not as dangerous as the other changelings."

"Maybe that's because she's weak. I wonder if she'll try to take over Ponyville once she recovers her strength?"

"I...I hope she doesn't, that would be awful."

"Yeah it would be, I'll be watching her."

"I will be too. It's not fair for you to do all of the watching."

"I guess your right. Well what is there to do? It's not late enough to go to sleep yet and I'm not tired."

"I'm not either. Um....I don't know."

"I don't want to leave Match here alone. Hmm....how about we set up our bed for how ever long?"

"Ok."

-----------

She happened to have a guest mattress that was just big enough for the both of us. I asked her why she didn't say anything about it...well at all really, and she said she forgot about it. Go figure huh. After we got done preparing our bed a letter slipped through the crack in the door, I grabbed it and opened it and it read:

Dear Ezekiel,

I have been regretfully informed of your...other job and I must say, I am disappointed and will have you come to the castle as soon as possible. That, however, would seem to have to wait a few days due to royal business. Thanks to you. In this time I want you to think about what you have done and reflect on it and since it is official business I fully expect you to treat it as such. lest you want a larger punishment. I will send you another letter two days prior to when Celestia and I are available.

Sincerely Princess Luna.

"Great."

"What's it say?"

"Luna knows about my other job and I have been summoned..."

"Oh no!"

"Well I should known this was going to happen sooner or later....oh yeah.....I guess I was being watched huh?"

"You forgot?"

"Yeah..."

"When are you supposed to go?"

"Don't know yet but she said she will send another letter. Until then I guess I'll just help you with Match and your animals"

I wonder what will happen to me. Hopefully I wont be banished to the moon.